Novacane
10-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Ralph's cheap

coastal
10-11-2013, 07:14 AM
**** him.

GreedoII
10-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Sure he did....it was obviously a Exec desicion by Brandon. Ralph doesn't know his butt from his mout anymore...but whatever...

alnilla
10-11-2013, 08:30 AM
You guys ***** that it doesn't sell out and then when Ralph buys the rest ya still complain. You guys are like a bunch of women

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2013, 08:33 AM
You guys ***** that it doesn't sell out and then when Ralph buys the rest ya still complain. You guys are like a bunch of women

Seconded

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Sure he did....it was obviously a Exec desicion by Brandon. Ralph doesn't know his butt from his mout anymore...but whatever...

Russ: "Mr. Wilson, we need to buy out the remaining tickets so the game is televised- if you could be so kind as to drool on the 'Signature' line...."

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Ralph's cheap

TV ad revenue >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a few hundred tickets.

Sort term it costs him, long term he makes money, plus he gets good PR.

Ralph is still cheap and always will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and let's not forget being $20 million under the cap while Levitre walks and Byrd isn't signed....

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 08:43 AM

No one is complaining about Ralph buying the tix. We are complaining about Ralph in general. One good gesture doesn't make up for decades of abject failure.

TedMock
10-11-2013, 08:46 AM
That was nice of him.

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2013, 08:58 AM
TV ad revenue >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a few hundred tickets.

Sort term it costs him, long term he makes money, plus he gets good PR.

Ralph is still cheap and always will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and let's not forget being $20 million under the cap while Levitre walks and Byrd isn't signed....

What TV ad revenue?

That does not go to the Bills.

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 09:00 AM
What TV ad revenue?

That does not go to the Bills.

Indirectly it does. Long term, Ralph and the league are better off keeping the networks happy than saving a few grand on some unsold seats.

DBrown77
10-11-2013, 09:03 AM
The Bills bought the tickets and then gave 2 tickets to each person making at least a $20 donation to Breast Cancer Awareness at a few local NOCO's. The tickets were gone pretty quick.

Win Win for the fans, Bills and Breast Cancer Awareness.

Skooby
10-11-2013, 09:09 AM
The Bills bought the tickets and then gave 2 tickets to each person making at least a $20 donation to Breast Cancer Awareness at a few local NOCO's. The tickets were gone pretty quick.

Win Win for the fans, Bills and Breast Cancer Awareness. Breast cancer charities = planned parenthood, babies lose.

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Indirectly it does. Long term, Ralph and the league are better off keeping the networks happy than saving a few grand on some unsold seats.

The network revenue will not change either. The national ads are sold.

The only benefit is the local channel and that has no impact on long term or short term.

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Breast cancer charities = planned parenthood, babies lose.

What.
The.
Are.
You.
Talking.
About?

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 09:14 AM
The network revenue will not change either. The national ads are sold.

The only benefit is the local channel and that has no impact on long term or short term.
Not right away but eventually the contract ends. You think the networks are going to pay as much for the TV rights nex time if 2-3 teams are having blackouts in October? Please.

JoeMama
10-11-2013, 09:19 AM

*****ing like a bunch of women would be a huge step up for us.

When you think about it, forums like these are just virtual sausage parties guys attend to complain and bicker amongst ourselves. Like a male soap opera.

alnilla
10-11-2013, 09:20 AM
No one is complaining about Ralph buying the tix. We are complaining about Ralph in general. One good gesture doesn't make up for decades of abject failure.

Obviously he is not the best owner around. But hell give him some credit when credit is due.

DraftBoy
10-11-2013, 09:25 AM

Please leave the politics out of this forum. This is not the place for that.

- - - Updated - - -

What.
The.
Are.
You.
Talking.
About?

The thing from last year.

justasportsfan
10-11-2013, 09:29 AM

you're *****ing just to *****. Just say thank you and move on but you can't because it's not in your DNA to simply enjoy the moment.

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 09:38 AM
you're *****ing just to *****. Just say thank you and move on but you can't because it's not in your DNA to simply enjoy the moment.

Lmao- what moment? I was getting to watch the game no matter what cuz I'm out of market.

A billionaire spent a few grand so you guys can suffer through watching his piss-poor product on TV and you call that a "moment?" Please.

TedMock
10-11-2013, 09:43 AM
That was nice of him.

justasportsfan
10-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Lmao- what moment? I was getting to watch the game no matter what cuz I'm out of market.

A billionaire spent a few grand so you guys can suffer through watching his piss-poor product on TV and you call that a "moment?" Please.

I rest my case.

Whether we win or lose I enjoy bills football because they're my team . Win or lose, you're MISERABLE. I actually pitty you that you feel the need to be miserable all the time.

coastal
10-11-2013, 09:48 AM
This was a business decision not charity to the people of WNY.

better days
10-11-2013, 09:49 AM

You say people do not know what you would think & say about things being discussed on this board. And they make it about you.

YEAH we do know what you think Op. No matter what, you will have something NEGATIVE to say about it. It's a given.

justasportsfan
10-11-2013, 09:56 AM
You say people do not know what you would think & say about things being discussed on this board..

First, you can't base an argument on your assumption of how people would have reacted in a hypothetical situation that never actually occurred. This absurdity happens far too often around here.

the king of absurdity just keeps contradicting himself as usual.

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I rest my case.

Whether we win or lose I enjoy bills football because they're my team . Win or lose, you're MISERABLE. I actually pitty you that you feel the need to be miserable all the time.
Lmao- how would you know how I am when the Bills win? They haven't been winners since this site has been in existence.

But as usual, you're getting off topic and making it about me. a billionaire who has given us decades of failure spent a few grand to do something that is in his own long term best interest. Whether or not I'm miserable doesn't change the reality that this isn't a "moment."

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 10:21 AM
You say people do not know what you would think & say about things being discussed on this board. And they make it about you.

YEAH we do know what you think Op. No matter what, you will have something NEGATIVE to say about it. It's a given.
It's not about me or what I say.

The reality is that Ralph has been- and continues to be- a lousy owner. He does one small "favor" to the fans and people give him a slap on the back and say he's not cheap? And then I have to take crap for being "negative" and "miserable" because I'm willing to point out the absurdity of this?

Of course, once again it's much easier to accuse me of being "negative" than to accept the reality that the lousy owner just pulled another PR stunt.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Ralph is munificently cheap?

TacklingDummy
10-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Let's not forget one of the cheapest tickets in the NFL and least profitable teams in the league. Ralph is just like Bills fans, cheap.

At $870 million, the Bills are 30th in the league in terms of team value. And in terms of profit, the Bills are 27th at $12.6 million for 2012.

justasportsfan
10-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Lmao- how would you know how I am when the Bills win? I know just like you know that
you guys can suffer through watching his piss-poor product

I also know because you ***** and whine even when we win.

But as usual, you're getting off topic and making it about me.

Translation: I got caught pretending to know how people will react to hypothetical situations so please don't point it out by making it about me.

SquishDaFish
10-11-2013, 11:09 AM

Dude skooby you have ****ing problems bro. Get a life

DesertFox24
10-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Levitre was a very good guard but dominate Steve Hutchinson Carl nicks he is not. The real question will be who we resign and when. Hopefully Dareus spiller Glenn Gilmore etc. get deals. Good players will leave but as long as we keep core players I am ok with that. They did resign wood and are trying for carrington

better days
10-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Levitre was a very good guard but dominate Steve Hutchinson Carl nicks he is not. The real question will be who we resign and when. Hopefully Dareus spiller Glenn Gilmore etc. get deals. Good players will leave but as long as we keep core players I am ok with that. They did resign wood and are trying for carrington

Well, Derrick Dockery was not dominate either but the Bills way overpaid for him. Dockery NEVER wanted to be in Buffalo, but came for the MONEY.

Levitre WANTED to stay in Buffalo & only left because of the money.

TedMock
10-11-2013, 11:24 AM
I keep reading that Levitre has been struggling so far this year. I believe PFF and SB Nation were the two most recent places I've seen that. I have not watched Tennessee at all to make a judgement. Still, he is better than what we have at the moment.

better days
10-11-2013, 11:32 AM
It's not about me or what I say.

The reality is that Ralph has been- and continues to be- a lousy owner. He does one small "favor" to the fans and people give him a slap on the back and say he's not cheap? And then I have to take crap for being "negative" and "miserable" because I'm willing to point out the absurdity of this?

Of course, once again it's much easier to accuse me of being "negative" than to accept the reality that the lousy owner just pulled another PR stunt.

It is about you being CONSTANTLY negative. Even if something positive happens, you say something negative about the past instead of just accepting the present positive. It's a given.

Skooby
10-11-2013, 11:34 AM

A billionaire spent a few grand so you guys can suffer through watching his piss-poor product on TV and you call that a "moment?" Please. If you were local with a desire to watch the game & but couldn't go to the game, you'd appreciate it.

HAMMER
10-11-2013, 11:37 AM
That was nice of him.

Unbelievable that a nice comment like this doesn't get thanked but the douchey comments do. Amazing that Ralph Wilson does something nice, and charitable, yet still gets criticized. A couple people in here seriously need help, they now exactly who they are. Thanks Ralph, Go Bills.

justasportsfan
10-11-2013, 11:38 AM
If you were local with a desire to watch the game & but couldn't go to the game, you'd appreciate it.

thats me skoobs, but OP wouldn't understand. He'd find something to ***** about.

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 11:40 AM
It is about you being CONSTANTLY negative. Even if something positive happens, you say something negative about the past instead of just accepting the present positive. It's a given.

The reality is that the present positive does not fix, negate or compensate for all of the past negatives. Deal with it instead of making it about me.

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 11:42 AM
If you were local with a desire to watch the game & but couldn't go to the game, you'd appreciate it.

I might appreciate it now. I wouldn't appreciate it at around 2:30 on Sunday when we are getting our asses handed to us.

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 11:47 AM

Think about it this way:

We get in a fight and I beat the ever-loving crap out of you. While you are incapacitated, I take the cash out of your wallet and have sex with your girl right in front of you, and all you can do is sit there and watch.

When I'm done, I help you up, take you to a dive bar, and buy you a pint of the cheapest piss-water swill beer they have on tap, with the money that I got from you in the first place.

Are you going to be thankful for buying you a terrible beer, or are you still gonna be pissed that I just acted like the world's biggest douche?

justasportsfan
10-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Think about it this way:

We get in a fight and I beat the ever-loving crap out of you. While you are incapacitated, I take the cash out of your wallet and have sex with your girl right in front of you, and all you can do is sit there and watch.

When I'm done, I help you up, take you to a dive bar, and buy you a pint of the cheapest piss-water swill beer they have on tap, with the money that I got from you in the first place.

Are you going to be thankful for buying you a terrible beer, or are you still gonna be pissed that I just acted like the world's biggest douche?

stupid analogy

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 11:52 AM
stupid analogy

Is it? Ralph's been getting rich off this city while destroying the team we love for years.

justasportsfan
10-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Is it? Ralph's been getting rich off this city while destroying the team we love for years.

it is. Ralph didn't force himself or this team on anyone unlike your analogy. We all chose to be fans of this team by our own choice. Since you talk about us suffering, why do you keep coming back to suffer? Thats not logicaly sound fro someone who supposedly took logic in college.

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 12:01 PM
it is. Ralph didn't force himself on anyone unlike your analogy. We all chose to be fans of this team by our own choice.
Not really.

Until about 15 years ago, the only team available on local TV was the local team. So the options were watch the local team, follow a team you can rarely if ever watch, or not follow the sport at all.

Ralph did one great thing, 50 years ago: brought us a team. Since then, he's done nothing except get rich off the city while mismanaging the team into the league's running joke.

One minor good deed will never make up for that. The only thing that will is a championship.

Skooby
10-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Think about it this way:

Does the girl have crabs / VD or both ?? If so, I think the jokes on the other foot.

DraftBoy
10-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I might appreciate it now. I wouldn't appreciate it at around 2:30 on Sunday when we are getting our asses handed to us.

We haven't really had our asses handed to us all season, why would you suddenly assume its going to happen against the Bengals who have yet to figure out that they do in fact still have AJ Green on their team (and on my ****ing fantasy team!!!)

- - - Updated - - -

Think about it this way:

Depends what kind of beer are we talking about?

justasportsfan
10-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Not really.

Until about 15 years ago, the only team available on local TV was the local team. So the options were watch the local team, follow a team you can rarely if ever watch, or not follow the sport at all.

Ralph did one great thing, 50 years ago: brought us a team. Since then, he's done nothing except get rich off the city while mismanaging the team into the league's running joke.

One minor good deed will never make up for that. The only thing that will is a championship.

you still have the option of picking another team. Besides, now that there's the internet, you're welcome to pick another team of your choice. I doubt you will. You ***** about Ralph but we know you like getting raped by him by your own choice.

better days
10-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Think about it this way:

Well, if I were a voyeur, it would sound like a GOOD time. I'm used to drinking swill now anyway.

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Well, if I were a voyeur, it would sound like a GOOD time. I'm used to drinking swill now anyway.

Well you'd have to be a voyeur and a masochist.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Think about it this way:

Stupid analogy

gr8slayer
10-11-2013, 12:10 PM
As inexpensive as all the games are, I can't believe that these don't sell out far in advance. I could get 10 seats at the Ralph for what I pay for 2 at Cowboys Stadium.

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2013, 12:18 PM
13 year playoff drought G8

better days
10-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Well you'd have to be a voyeur and a masochist.

No doubt there is someone in this World with both those attributes.

You just need to find him Op & make it happen for him. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

DraftBoy
10-11-2013, 12:25 PM
13 year playoff drought G8

Different mindsets probably led by different geographical locations.

Gr8 from Texas (where football is God) is saying its still football and its cheap as cheap gets.

In WNY while football is big, it doesn't have the same pull as in Texas (or in the Southern US).

In Texas towns shut down on Friday nights, tailgates for Saturday start on Tuesday, and its basically peoples lives.

In WNY its just not (and that's not a knock) just a reason why it befuddles both Gr8 and myself.

YardRat
10-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Ralph's done this many times over the years, it's not like it's the first or only time.

As inexpensive as all the games are, I can't believe that these don't sell out far in advance. I could get 10 seats at the Ralph for what I pay for 2 at Cowboys Stadium.

Maybe if the whore-for-a-dollar owner used a little common sense instead of trying to build the Taj Mahal (than continually whine to the rest of the league to help him foot the bill) tickets wouldn't be so expensive.

gr8slayer
10-11-2013, 12:47 PM
The cost of the tickets don't bother me, honestly. I fully expect to pay a minimum of $100 to go to any sporting event now a days.
Ralph's done this many times over the years, it's not like it's the first or only time.

Maybe if the whore-for-a-dollar owner used a little common sense instead of trying to build the Taj Mahal (than continually whine to the rest of the league to help him foot the bill) tickets wouldn't be so expensive.

Historian
10-11-2013, 12:50 PM
It's unfortunate, because the Bills usually win big games that are blacked out locally.

gr8slayer
10-11-2013, 12:52 PM
After the Ravens game, I figured there would be renewed hope and interest.
It's unfortunate, because the Bills usually win big games that are blacked out locally.

OpIv37
10-11-2013, 12:58 PM
After the Ravens game, I figured there would be renewed hope and interest.

There was until half our team got hurt against Cleveland. People will pay to see EJ develop, even if he struggles. People won't pay to see Thad Lewis in a game we are all but assured to lose.

Cntrygal
10-11-2013, 01:05 PM

I think "politicians" would be a better comparison. :biggrin:

BillsFever21
10-11-2013, 03:50 PM
At least it will be on television. Unless a miracle happens and Thad Lewis leads us to a winning record over the next few weeks then this will be the last home game that will be on TV. Not unless a business buys up the tickets next time to one other the games. It's pretty sad it came down to this in Week 6 to begin with. Usually the September and at least early October games are sold out before any games are played.

That's the least Ralph can do since he opted out of the new blackout rules. It only cost him a little over 300k to buy 5,000 tickets and it's also a tax write off. He will get some of that back with concession stand sales from whoever gets the tickets and attends the games.

trapezeus
10-11-2013, 04:02 PM
i just don't think it's crazy to think thad can pull this out.

1. limited game tape on him.
2. if he is slightly more accurate, the current bills offense can be sufficient to win a game if the bills d keeps playing well
3. two starters back to the d with minimal injuries at the front 7. that should make throwing against us harder.
4. if we win the turnover battle, the offense won't need to have to play to win.

Thad has been in the league for 4 years, not as a starter, but perhaps seeing game speeds more so than EJ. perhaps he's a little calmer and doesn't feel the need to throw from his back foot. perhaps he does the read option where he actually runs to keep the d's a little more honest.

i don't expect the bills to win, but i don't expect them to roll over and die. if they do, that's abig strike in the marrone evaluation.

BillsFever21
10-11-2013, 04:19 PM
The Bengals have been an inconsistent team so that gives us some chance for Sunday. Hopefully they come out flat like they have other games this year.

kishoph
10-11-2013, 06:16 PM
There was until half our team got hurt against Cleveland. People will pay to see EJ develop, even if he struggles. People won't pay to see Thad Lewis in a game we are all but assured to lose.

I guess the same thing was said about playing the Ravens.

GreedoII
10-11-2013, 06:48 PM
It's laughable that these idiots make you believe ralph is making any type of decisions. Its like freaking weekend at bernies. Litman holds one arm…Overdorf the other and Brandon his two legs and shake him around until a few 1000 bucks fall out into the sell out the stadium bucket….

Mace
10-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I think I could die happy if Ralph Wilson appeared on camera to say "I bought the rest of the tickets so you can watch the game, and this one is for you, SpikedLemonade because I love you."

justasportsfan
10-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Ralph is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't

YardRat
10-12-2013, 07:34 AM

I was going to thank this post for the first sentence, and then I read the second one.

Night Train
10-12-2013, 10:19 AM
The public demanded the Chad Lewis era receive it's deserved national exposure to the widest possible audience.

X-Era
10-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Nice move. I get to watch the game. Can't complain.

feldspar
10-13-2013, 08:24 AM
The public demanded the Chad Lewis era receive it's deserved national exposure to the widest possible audience.

Maybe it'll even give fans a chance to learn his real name.

feldspar
10-13-2013, 08:27 AM

Ralphie-boy turns 95 this week.

Watch butt-plugs like Opie slam him on that occasion.

95-years-old...

OpIv37
10-13-2013, 05:41 PM

That's the situation he created for himself with 50+ years of mismanagement.

feldspar
10-13-2013, 11:48 PM

Bull*****.

The Bills have made it to the big dance SEVEN times, including the AFL days. That doesn't count somehow?

OpIv37
10-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Bull*****.

The Bills have made it to the big dance SEVEN times, including the AFL days. That doesn't count somehow?
Zero Super Bowl championships and no championships period for 47 years and counting. So no, it doesn't count. He's gotten it wrong far, far more than he's gotten it right and has never achieved the ultimate goal- not even once.

justasportsfan
10-14-2013, 09:22 AM

uh-no! It's you. You ***** about everything even when we win.

MikeNC
10-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Let's not forget one of the cheapest tickets in the NFL and least profitable teams in the league. Ralph is just like Bills fans, cheap.

At $870 million, the Bills are 30th in the league in terms of team value. And in terms of profit, the Bills are 27th at $12.6 million for 2012.

But when you all think that the Bills may be moving you all cry in your Genesee cans... The effin guy can't win with you people.. Whether it was for charity or not, you all got to sit in your chairs at home with your Bill coozies keeping your genesee cold, wearing all your Bills garb... I wish the Bills would move so you people will STFU....

OpIv37
10-14-2013, 09:43 PM
But when you all think that the Bills may be moving you all cry in your Genesee cans... The effin guy can't win with you people.. Whether it was for charity or not, you all got to sit in your chairs at home with your Bill coozies keeping your genesee cold, wearing all your Bills garb... I wish the Bills would move so you people will STFU....

It won't take moving to make us stfu. It'll just take winning. But this team is incapable of doing that under Ralph.

Skooby
10-14-2013, 10:02 PM
It won't take moving to make us stfu. It'll just take winning. But this team is incapable of doing that under Ralph.

Chicken or the egg.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-15-2013, 01:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9825818/the-new-orleans-saints-celebrated-too-soon-patriots-came-back-dead

"Generously?": The Colts at Bolts "Monday Night Football" matchup aired locally because ESPN and California businesses bought up blocks of unsold seats (http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Blackout-Lifted-for-Charges---Colts-Game/7bbdafda-796c-4193-9b6c-ec43473ba5d9). At least this was a free-market transaction. The Bengals at Bills contest aired locally because Buffalo owner Ralph Wilson bought back around 5,000 unsold tickets. Wilson is a nice guy, and it was good that the game was on the tube. Now let's put the money in perspective.State and local taxpayers are being hit up for $95 million (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/22/nyregion/deal-will-give-cuomo-administration-luxury-suite-at-bills-stadium.html?_r=0) in improvements to the stadium where the Bills perform, which Wilson named after himself though he neither built nor funded it. Wilson pays a token rent for this publicly owned facility, then keeps nearly all revenue generated. The NFL copyrights images from this publicly owned facility, then keeps network licensing fees. Though taxpayers underwrite the NFL in these and other ways, the league still threatens to black out games. Taxpayers are shafted, a feudal elite hoards the gain, and average people, many of whom cannot afford to attend NFL contests, may not even be allowed to watch on television.
[
(http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1014/play_g_blanktvs_ms_600.jpg)

The Bills organization praised itself for avoiding the blackout, saying Wilson had "generously (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-guarantee-sellout/ca73f9d4-bad3-402e-8841-75efe8d74367)" bought remaining tickets. He would have paid about $400,000 -- about $275,000 after taxes, since the purchase was a business expense. So Wilson gets a $95 million gift from taxpayers whose incomes are far lower than his, then is praised for giving back $275,000 -- about a third of 1 percent. Here is more on how the NFL fleeces taxpayers (http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/10/how-the-nfl-fleeces-taxpayers/309448).