• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Dunleavy calling the game tonight, This is who we will be hearing come 2016

Dan Dunleavy will have the play-by-play call tonight on MSG in place of Rick Jeanneret. It will be the first television appearance of the season for Dunleavy, who signed in September to work a growing number of games for three seasons before Jeanneret retires in 2016.
    It will actually be Dunleavy’s third regular-season Sabres broadcast, as he was a fill-in for Jeanneret during a 2010 game in Anaheim and a contest in 2011 in Ottawa. Analyst Rob Ray and intermission host Brian Duff will be in their usual roles on tonight’s telecast.
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dunleavy calling the game tonight, This is who we will be hearing come 2016

Listened for about 5 minutes. Underwhelmed.

I think I'd rather have John Gurtler back.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
      • Feb 2013

He emulates the Late Ted Darling and you could hear it in his voice last night that there was a little bit of Ted there.
      ...“Ted certainly was in a class of his own, I thought growing up, and I used to impersonate him all the time. The phrase he used to say, ‘Heading over the Buffalo blue line,’ and he would just roll the Bs at the end of his tongue, the way he would say blue line and Buffalo.”
      http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/nh...leavy-20130929

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
        Listened for about 5 minutes. Underwhelmed.

I think I'd rather have John Gurtler back.
        Gurtler does Bandits radio games he can't do Sabres games as the Bandits season runs into the Sabres season.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
          Gurtler does Bandits radio games he can't do Sabres games as the Bandits season runs into the Sabres season.
          I didn't know that, but I think he'd quit the Bandits for the Sabres if they offered it to him.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Never heard Dunleavy but this has "rebound relationship" written all over it. No one who replaces RJ will ever live up in the fans' collective eyes. It'll be a short term gig.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dude
              that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
              • Feb 2005

Who cares? Win a damn game.

Comment

Working...
              X