PDA

View Full Version : there's another NY team that is worse than Sabres... and they aren't rebuilding!

DetDannyWilliams
10-12-2013, 12:18 PM
The New York Rangers are a disaster. They've been outscored 15-2 in their last two games -- a 9-2 loss to the San Jose Sharks and 6-0 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. Those 15 goals mark the first time since Dec. 2006 that the Rangers gave up 14 or more goals in consecutive games, according to Elias Sports Bureau. They're also the first team since the 2000 Atlanta Thrashers to lose consecutive games by six goals or more. It's not just those two games, either -- they've been outscored 20-6 overall. Next up are the St. Louis Blues on Saturday. New York doesn't play its first home game until Oct. 28, and Rick Nash is out because Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart elbowed him in the head.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2013-10-11/new-york-rangers-ducks-sharks-tomas-hertl-goal-henrik-lundqvist

coastal
10-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Where's floflo to provide some clarity?

Meathead
10-12-2013, 03:38 PM
at least the rags have a chance to pull out of their slump soon

sabres are gonna just flat out suck most of if not this whole season. just too damn young all over the roster

i wish there was some way to keep miller and vanek but i wouldnt be able to find much reason to want to stay here if i was them. vanek could conceivably decide to just wait out the teething process so he doesnt have to uproot his family, but miller appears to already have three feet out the door. im not sure enroth will ever be number one material but hes played well enough to earn his shot, and the sabres have other goalie talent if he flops, so sadly it feels like millertime is definitely over

welp normally hockey season seems to fly by but i have a feeling this one is never gonna end

Typ0
10-12-2013, 10:08 PM
all the stuff we don't see will determine the mental state of those guys. If they like the kids and the team starts to grow they might just be interested in seeing the future if there is commitment to getting other guys in here that put people in the right roles. The coaching situation makes things tough though...as I can see another coaching change in the off season if not sooner. The players will have something to say about that too though I think Miller got Ruff canned myself ...