PDA

View Full Version : Terry Pegula should just...not speak in public.

black N yellow
10-13-2013, 10:41 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>WOW RT <a href="https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC">@FriedgeHNIC</a>: Ed Olczyk said Sabres owner Terry Pegula told him Pegula would be leaving the organization before Ted Black ever does.</p>&mdash; Jeremy White (@JeremyWGR) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeremyWGR/statuses/389389827575382016">October 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seriously??

JATMtheJATM
10-13-2013, 05:49 PM
<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" title="Embedded Tweet" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
WOW RT @FriedgeHNIC (https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC): Ed Olczyk said Sabres owner Terry Pegula told him Pegula would be leaving the organization before Ted Black ever does.
— Jeremy White (@JeremyWGR) October 13, 2013 (https://twitter.com/JeremyWGR/statuses/389389827575382016)
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seriously??

should also add darcy in there.

i think pegula is an idiot. the team is run by his daughters and wife. he does what they say.
<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Dude
10-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Give us the Rigas clan back. Christ. This organization sucks.

Crisis
10-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Do people really have a problem with Ted Black? He's done his job fine.

JATMtheJATM
10-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Do people really have a problem with Ted Black? He's done his job fine.

no, but it makes it sound like pegula has no interest in making necessary changes to staff.

Crisis
10-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Well considering Ted Black has little to input on actual hockey matters I don't think it matters. He's not responsible for the clown show right now. If anything, the organization is more accessible to fans than ever since he's taken over.

JATMtheJATM
10-13-2013, 08:03 PM
ya know what it reads to me? maybe pegula is eventually going to sell the club to black.

Crisis
10-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Does Black even have that kind of money?

JATMtheJATM
10-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Does Black even have that kind of money?

dunno. he could head a group or something. just spitballin here.

black N yellow
10-13-2013, 08:38 PM
my problem isn't so much with Ted Black as it is the way Pegula speaks regarding these things. If you listen to him and Black, you're lead to believe that Darcy is the highest-up as far as people with "hockey knowledge" go. If he truly thinks Darcy knows what he is doing, all while making remarks like this about Black, the man is never going to see a winning Sabres team.

Crisis
10-13-2013, 08:49 PM
my problem isn't so much with Ted Black as it is the way Pegula speaks regarding these things. If you listen to him and Black, you're lead to believe that Darcy is the highest-up as far as people with "hockey knowledge" go. If he truly thinks Darcy knows what he is doing, all while making remarks like this about Black, the man is never going to see a winning Sabres team.

I'm pretty sure the GM is the highest up on every team as far as 'hockey knowledge' goes. Devine has a lot more inputs on drafts as of late though. This also has literally NOTHING to do with Darcy, I understand this season is frustrating but you're reaching for something to ***** about.

Darcy has never had a full re-build before like this. Ownership realizes you have to start from the ground up to build a championship once the re-tool didn't work from when Pegula bought the team. People ***** about being mediocre all the time and never getting top picks but as soon as the team tries to legitimately re-build everyone loses their **** less than ten games into the season. I'm sure Pegula wants to see what Darcy can do with an ownership that is committed to long-term winning, not just making a profit by squeaking into the playoffs every year. Does he deserve that chance? Well that's in the eye of the beholder, but if it doesn't work out Darcy is as good as gone.

JATMtheJATM
10-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the GM is the highest up on every team as far as 'hockey knowledge' goes. Devine has a lot more inputs on drafts as of late though. This also has literally NOTHING to do with Darcy, I understand this season is frustrating but you're reaching for something to ***** about.

Darcy has never had a full re-build before like this. Ownership realizes you have to start from the ground up to build a championship once the re-tool didn't work from when Pegula bought the team. People ***** about being mediocre all the time and never getting top picks but as soon as the team tries to legitimately re-build everyone loses their **** less than ten games into the season. I'm sure Pegula wants to see what Darcy can do with an ownership that is committed to long-term winning, not just making a profit by squeaking into the playoffs every year. Does he deserve that chance? Well that's in the eye of the beholder, but if it doesn't work out Darcy is as good as gone.

actually, darcy did have almost a full rebuild. right after the hasek trade. some pieces stayed, but many were moved. as we all know, the rebuild worked and it led to 05-06 and 06-07. but it wasnt a sustained trajectory, so its not a complete full rebuild. but he did do well.