PDA

View Full Version : NFL Owners Being Shown During TV Coverage

SpikedLemonade
10-13-2013, 03:58 PM
It is always interesting to see Jerry Jones or other NFL owners reactions during a game their team is playing in.

It is great to see their passion as they live and die a game like a fan of the team they own.

Why don't we get camera shots of Ralph?

Mr. Pink
10-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Because he's not at the games?

Oldbillsfan
10-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I love when they zoom in on Jerruh Jones, specialy right before and after romo coughs it up the the end of the game

SpikedLemonade
10-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Because he's not at the games?

Why is that?

Mr. Pink
10-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Why is that?

Because he's 95 years old and has various health ailments?

SpikedLemonade
10-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Because he's 95 years old and has various health ailments?

So he is unable to attend a game?

It wouldn't be because it would make the franchise look as feeble and close to death as its owner?

Novacane
10-13-2013, 04:06 PM
What's the point of this thread?

ServoBillieves
10-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Where's my popcorn, the full on mouth breathing has begun.

SpikedLemonade
10-13-2013, 04:11 PM
What's the point of this thread?

Until we have a new owner, there will be no real positive change leading to us being contenders.

The organization is treading water and has been for over 15 years.

JoeMama
10-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Our de facto owner is Russ Brandon and he's too smart to be caught on camera laughing his ass off counting his money while the team loses.

OpIv37
10-13-2013, 05:56 PM
It is always interesting to see Jerry Jones or other NFL owners reactions during a game their team is playing in.

It is great to see their passion as they live and die a game like a fan of the team they own.

We can't watch Ralph live and die with the team because he hasn't been living for a long ass time.

DynaPaul
10-13-2013, 07:48 PM
The cameras would just show a skeleton sitting in a wheelchair.

Mace
10-13-2013, 07:58 PM

It wouldn't be because it would make the franchise look as feeble and close to death as its owner?

Yes, Spiked, he's unable to attend a game. He has attended none of them because as mentioned he's 94, not doing very well, and is not doing well enough he ceded control to Brandon previously.

Mostly, it has to do with the fact he's unable to attend a game because he's 94 years old and not doing very well. You're running out of time to hate him, and should probably begin transitioning to Brandon atm.

EricStratton
10-13-2013, 08:02 PM
I have the chance to watch Giants games in Jersey and I never see the Mara family, Woody Johnson a rarely shown, I couldn't pick the owners of most teams out of a lineup and with the exception of Craft, Jones and the dick in Washington it's pretty rare to catch ownership.

Again this is weak.

Turf
10-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Spike, did you just crawl out from under a rock? You don't know how old the owner is or why he's not at the games?
I'm not a big Wilson fan, but I'm not going to insult him because of his age. The diaper, druel jokes etc, are pretty caustic.

OpIv37
10-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Until we have a new owner, there will be no real positive change leading to us being contenders.

The organization is treading water and has been for over 15 years.
You mistyped. You meant 50, not 15.

OpIv37
10-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Yes, Spiked, he's unable to attend a game. He has attended none of them because as mentioned he's 94, not doing very well, and is not doing well enough he ceded control to Brandon previously.

Mostly, it has to do with the fact he's unable to attend a game because he's 94 years old and not doing very well. You're running out of time to hate him, and should probably begin transitioning to Brandon atm.

Hating Ralph won't end with his death. Even if this team wins out this year, makes the playoffs and has continued success after that he still gave us 50+ years of epic mismanagement.

More realistically, it's going to take this team at least 3 years (probably more) to recover from what Ralph has done to it once he is no longer involved, whether that's through death, sale or otherwise.

Ralph did one great thing: he got this city a team. Then he rested on his laurels for the next 53 years while running the team into the ground and making millions in the process. Ralph gave to this city once, to the tune of $25,000. Since then, it's been take-take-take. He benefitted- and still does- from our constant disappointment.

Fixxxer
10-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Don't worry Spiked you will always have Ralphie boy in your dreams/nightmares, or so it seems.

Mace
10-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Ralph did one great thing: he got this city a team. Then he rested on his laurels for the next 53 years while running the team into the ground and making millions in the process. Ralph gave to this city once, to the tune of $25,000. Since then, it's been take-take-take. He benefitted- and still does- from our constant disappointment.

Ralph did another great thing. He kept that team here.

And Ralph did a third great thing, he didn't mess it up when we were ruled the conference for 4 years in a row making it to 4 Super Bowls in a row, which you'll frankly never ever see again. He's annoyed me crazy some years, but Cincinnati last WON a playoff game in 1990, Detroit in 1991, championship game appearances maybe ?

Cincinnati 1988, Detroit & Washington 1991 (Washington won the big one, then good night Irene), Cleveland 1989, storied Miami ...1992 (Buffalo 29-10).

There's a list also for Super Bowl appearances (hint, there are 2 "never's"), Jets 1968, KC 1969, Minnesota 1976, Dolphins 1984.

I get plenty aggravated sometimes too, but always wonder why people suffering so terribly bathe in the angst as if they like it.

It's because they like it. So Ralph is feeding your suffering I guess. But you aren't suffering enough if he's not so visible, so make him appear, he's probably suffering at 94 too, and it will be fun to see, and then you can suffer at his suffering and jump back into the pool of yours, suffering more.

Just find another team then. Wouldn't it stress you less ? Why would anyone aggravate themselves on purpose unless they like it ?

You love it. The more they hurt you, the better it is.

Fees for my analysis can be forwarded to my account, please see the secretary on your way out for our next appointment.

Beebe
10-14-2013, 10:07 PM
HELLO!

better days
10-14-2013, 10:11 PM

Well, If in fact you think the owner looks feeble & close to death, WHY would you want all the World to see him on TV?

I guess that would be interesting to you.

pmoon6
10-15-2013, 05:20 AM

The organization is treading water and has been for over 15 years.I would comment, but replying to Spike is a waste of time unless it's to mock him. I've filled my quota this week so he gets a pass for another moronic thread.

pmoon6
10-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Hating Ralph won't end with his death. Even if this team wins out this year, makes the playoffs and has continued success after that he still gave us 50+ years of epic mismanagement.

More realistically, it's going to take this team at least 3 years (probably more) to recover from what Ralph has done to it once he is no longer involved, whether that's through death, sale or otherwise.

Ralph did one great thing: he got this city a team. Then he rested on his laurels for the next 53 years while running the team into the ground and making millions in the process. Ralph gave to this city once, to the tune of $25,000. Since then, it's been take-take-take. He benefitted- and still does- from our constant disappointment.I always marvel at the hate heaped on Ralph and marvel at the love heaped on the Rooneys and the Hunts and the Halas family.

Just a little history.

Art Rooney's Pittsburgh Stealers were .500 or better just 4 times in 40 years before Chuck Noll came to Pittsburgh.

Lamar Hunt is lauded as the "Father of the AFL" so much so they named the AFC Championship trophy after him. He won one Super Bowl with basically the same kind of team Buffalo had just 5 years before. Stellar defense and decent offense. Unfortunately, the AFL/NFL Championship wasn't played 5 years before. Look at the Chefs' since the merger. They have made the playoffs one less time than us, been to NO Super Bowls yet the Hunts are one of the storied families in the league. Not to mention that he got the money to start the Chiefs' from his Daddy and his brothers were unscrupulous businessmen. They tried to corner the silver market in the '70's.

George Halas was the same kind of cheap ***** owner as Ralph. Ask Mike Ditka, ask Dick Butkus. The Bears have been less than stellar. One more playoff appearance than us since the merger, two SBs' with one win. Yet, Halas is an icon in Chicago and around the league.

Why are these owners so loved and Ralph so hated?

OpIv37
10-15-2013, 10:04 AM
You're arguing a point no one made. I didn't say anything good, bad or indifferent about those other owners. If other people hold them in such high regard, that's on them.

My point is that Ralph's ownership has never led to success on the field. He had a few fleeting moments-largely as a result of dumb luck- of mild success peppered in with long stretches of abject failure.

pmoon6
10-15-2013, 10:43 AM
You're arguing a point no one made. I didn't say anything good, bad or indifferent about those other owners. If other people hold them in such high regard, that's on them.

My point is that Ralph's ownership has never led to success on the field. He had a few fleeting moments-largely as a result of dumb luck- of mild success peppered in with long stretches of abject failure.The point is Ralph is no worse than those owners and your hate is just lashing out from your inner, some would say outer, child.

OpIv37
10-15-2013, 10:49 AM
The point is Ralph is no worse than those owners and your hate is just lashing out from your inner, some would say outer, child.
My hate is lashing out at Ralph because he is the owner of the team I care about. I really don't give two ****s if the Rooneys have 40 Super Bowl wins or zero.

I do care that the Bills have zero because of Ralph's ****ty ownership.

And btw, all those other owners you criticized managed to get at least one SB, which is more than the zero Ralph has. So, while they may have had their problems and their down periods, it's disingenuous to say that they were "no better" than Ralph. One SB alone makes them better.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2013, 11:15 AM

Is this a serious thread?

Generalissimus Gibby
10-15-2013, 11:16 AM

You've never seen Weekend at Bernie's have you?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a serious thread?

Surely you must be joking.

pmoon6
10-15-2013, 11:17 AM
My hate is lashing out at Ralph because he is the owner of the team I care about. I really don't give two ****s if the Rooneys have 40 Super Bowl wins or zero.

I do care that the Bills have zero because of Ralph's ****ty ownership.

And btw, all those other owners you criticized managed to get at least one SB, which is more than the zero Ralph has. So, while they may have had their problems and their down periods, it's disingenuous to say that they were "no better" than Ralph. One SB alone makes them better.So, four straight Super Bowl appearances is something to be discounted?

You're just mad because we didn't win one so you could rub your pathetic pecker on the TV screen, fly up to Buffalo and make merry turning over cars with the other boys.

So, now you cry about it. Take a pill and STFU.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2013, 11:27 AM
You've never seen Weekend at Bernie's have you?

- - - Updated - - -

Surely you must be joking.

MUST I be?

feldspar
10-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Ralph did another great thing. He kept that team here.

And Ralph did a third great thing, he didn't mess it up when we were ruled the conference for 4 years in a row making it to 4 Super Bowls in a row, which you'll frankly never ever see again. He's annoyed me crazy some years, but Cincinnati last WON a playoff game in 1990, Detroit in 1991, championship game appearances maybe ?

Cincinnati 1988, Detroit & Washington 1991 (Washington won the big one, then good night Irene), Cleveland 1989, storied Miami ...1992 (Buffalo 29-10).

There's a list also for Super Bowl appearances (hint, there are 2 "never's"), Jets 1968, KC 1969, Minnesota 1976, Dolphins 1984.

I get plenty aggravated sometimes too, but always wonder why people suffering so terribly bathe in the angst as if they like it.

It's because they like it. So Ralph is feeding your suffering I guess. But you aren't suffering enough if he's not so visible, so make him appear, he's probably suffering at 94 too, and it will be fun to see, and then you can suffer at his suffering and jump back into the pool of yours, suffering more.

Just find another team then. Wouldn't it stress you less ? Why would anyone aggravate themselves on purpose unless they like it ?

You love it. The more they hurt you, the better it is.

Fees for my analysis can be forwarded to my account, please see the secretary on your way out for our next appointment.

I couldn't put it better myself, Mace. Nice job.

OpIv37
10-15-2013, 11:33 AM
So, four straight Super Bowl appearances is something to be discounted?

You're just mad because we didn't win one so you could rub your pathetic pecker on the TV screen, fly up to Buffalo and make merry turning over cars with the other boys.

So, now you cry about it. Take a pill and STFU.
Nope, it doesn't count for anything because of all the suckiness surrounding it and the fact that we didn't win any of the 4.

Only a Bills can who has accepted mediocrity would judge a team historically on something other than championships. It's amazing how some of you discount extended periods of epic failure because of a fleeting period of mild success.

pmoon6
10-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Nope, it doesn't count for anything because of all the suckiness surrounding it and the fact that we didn't win any of the 4.

Only a Bills can who has accepted mediocrity would judge a team historically on something other than championships. It's amazing how some of you discount extended periods of epic failure because of a fleeting period of mild success.Then *** off outta here. You think your constant *****ing will change anything?

Of course, the "realist" posture does let you massage your ego.

It also makes you look like a spoiled brat that hasn't got what he wanted.

OpIv37
10-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Then *** off outta here. You think your constant *****ing will change anything?

Of course, the "realist" posture does let you massage your ego.

It also makes you look like a spoiled brat that hasn't got what he wanted.
If my *****ing won't change anything, your constant defense of this team's mediocrity certainly won't change anything.

pmoon6
10-15-2013, 11:42 AM
If my *****ing won't change anything, your constant defense of this team's mediocrity certainly won't change anything.Certainly, but at least I have fun insulting you.