NFL stop worrying about "Redskins" name & fix officiating...IT SUCKS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thundering Buffalo
    • Jan 2010

NFL stop worrying about "Redskins" name & fix officiating...IT SUCKS!!

If I have to listen to that little ***** Costa's pop off one more time about another irrelevant issue I'm going to reach through the TV and choke his ass! Hey Goodell pull your liberal head out of your ass and realize YOU'RE mini dictators in strips are ruining the game. Maybe if we had less old fat blind guys running around they may be able to get into position to make the call. Then u got Ed Hercules who spends more time looking for a reflection of himself than officiating. FIX IT Goddell there's nothing politically correct about this problem
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: NFL stop worrying about "Redskins" name & fix officiating...IT SUCKS!!

Patriots got away with a few calls again
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdaltroy5
      • Aug 2012

Yesterday's game was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. For both sides.

They missed a TON of holding calls on both sides.

Burfict and K. Williams got hosed a couple of times as well.

Plus the punt spot and Goodwin non-PI call happened RIGHT in front of the refs, so there really is no excuse for that.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

ed hochuli games always have some moment where the game becomes about ed hochuli and his brilliance. he needs to go.

the calls sucked both ways. and again, at some point, a bills team is just going to have to man up and overcome these things and start making the luck break for us.

Comment

• DBrown77
          Watching the Bills suck since 1999
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Thundering Buffalo View Post
          If I have to listen to that little ***** Costa's pop off one more time about another irrelevant issue I'm going to reach through the TV and choke his ass! Hey Goodell pull your liberal head out of your ass and realize YOU'RE mini dictators in strips are ruining the game. Maybe if we had less old fat blind guys running around they may be able to get into position to make the call. Then u got Ed Hercules who spends more time looking for a reflection of himself than officiating. FIX IT Goddell there's nothing politically correct about this problem
          Officiating was horrible yesterday and i dont think the Redskins should change their name. However, this has to be one of the most childish self serving comments I have read on this board.

The NFL is not the one spearheading this name change and Bob Costas is not employed by the NFL. Goodell has nothing to do with Bob Costas and vice versa. This entire thread needs to be deleted
          Last edited by DBrown77; 10-14-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

I'd like to be in a Home Run Derby and use Bob Costas as a bat.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

This game hit on one of my hobby horses: Illegal contact and defensive holding should not be automatic first down penalties IMO. 5 yards + free play + replay the down is MORE than enough. But when a team converts a 3rd and 10+ because a DB chucks a wideout 6 yards down the field on an uncatchable pass, it's infuriating.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

As John Murphy stated this AM on his radio show, officiating is the league's weakest link. I have to agree with Murph.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                  This game hit on one of my hobby horses: Illegal contact and defensive holding should not be automatic first down penalties IMO. 5 yards + free play + replay the down is MORE than enough. But when a team converts a 3rd and 10+ because a DB chucks a wideout 6 yards down the field on an uncatchable pass, it's infuriating.
                  It's like it was 25 years ago when they would drop roughing the kicker/punter calls for nothing. Punters were going down like drunken Dutch soccer players after getting the laces on their cleats breathed on giving teams a new set downs after 4th-and-25.
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Thundering Buffalo
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DBrown77 View Post
                    Officiating was horrible yesterday and i dont think the Redskins should change their name. However, this has to be one of the most childish self serving comments I have read on this board.

The NFL is not the one spearheading this name change and Bob Costas is not employed by the NFL. Goodell has nothing to do with Bob Costas and vice versa. This entire thread needs to be deleted

Goodell was asked if the league would step in and force the team to change its name (via WashingtonPost.com):

"...I think what we have to do though is we have to listen. If one person’s offended, we have to listen. And ultimately, it is [owner Dan Snyder’s] decision. But it is something that I want all of us to go out and make sure we’re listening to our fans, listening to people who have a different view, and making sure that we continue to do what’s right to make sure that team represents the strong tradition that it has for so many years...we have to do everything that’s necessary to make sure that we’re representing the franchise in a positive way, and that rich history and tradition. And that if we are offending one person, we need to be listening and making sure that we’re doing the right things to try to address that.”

Looks pretty clear to me! If you think for a moment that the NFL had not idea Costa's was going to rant you've got your head up your ass!!

Comment

• PTI
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

More than the penalties was the randomness to where they decided a play was actually dead. Seriously, yesterday was bizarre to me, the Bills had several plays where it looked like the pile was not moving, and the play was over, yet the Bengals did not have the play stopped, and somehow they got 4-5 extra yards about 6 times.

Are lineman really allowed to grab and pull the running from the front side and drag the RB forward? I know you can run into the pile from the backside to push, but did not think pull, and they let that happen.

Comment

• gebobs
                        • Sep 2003

Good call. That was maddening. It used to be you could not assist a runner ever. Based on what I saw yesterday, I wish that was still the case. The Bengals easily gained 4-5 yards that way several times.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                          Good call. That was maddening. It used to be you could not assist a runner ever. Based on what I saw yesterday, I wish that was still the case. The Bengals easily gained 4-5 yards that way several times.
                          Never the case. Folks have been pushing the pile since day one of football. It's very difficult to officiate - how in the heck do you sort out a bunch of big bodies in a mass, shoving and grunting? The refs blow the play dead if a) if they determine forward progress was stopped, or b) it's a hopeless scrum.

I recorded the game and have yet to review it. If as you say, CIN gained 4 - 5 yards several times, I'll report back. If they did, shame on BUF for not pushing back on the pile. It depends on who's ox is getting gored, I suppose. As it was, they called 4 penalties on CIN in the 1st half - 3 of them being 15 yarders - and none on BUF. The final tally being CIN flagged 8 times for for 78 yards and BUF being flagged 4 times for 27 yards.

IMO, Hoculi took turns screwing both teams. Terrible. He should have been canned seasons ago, but he's an item - the announcers chat up his "big guns', so he's been made into some sort of of minor celebrity.
                          Last edited by stuckincincy; 10-14-2013, 06:26 PM.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• gebobs
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                            Never the case. Folks have been pushing the pile since day one of football.
                            Well they need to change the rules.

Take a look behind the scenes to see what NFL Football Operations is doing to ensure the integrity, improve upon the safety and enhance the fan experience of the game.

No player on offense may assist a runner except by blocking for him.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                              • Oct 2009

Officiating an NFL game has to be a very difficult job. To do it very well all the time might just be asking too much of even a good and diligent official. That is probably why they do such a lousy job.
                              The integrity of the game requires that they be better managed from an officiating perspective. Arguably both calls and non-calls should be open to review. Exactly how this should be done so as to not make the games unwatchable is what the NFL needs to figure out. The status quo will just continue to generate unfair and inappropriate results. And it can actually get worse. The risk is palpable that a bad or missed call or calls can decide a playoff or championship game. When that happens the NFL will have no choice but to address the problem out of sheer embarassement.

Comment

Working...
                              X