PDA

View Full Version : 10 games for kaleta

JATMtheJATM
10-15-2013, 05:58 PM
saw it on da twitters. at least larsson gets some time.

JATMtheJATM
10-15-2013, 06:00 PM
here its is:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=434149

his 4th suspension. guy plays hard and dirty. its to be expected. but man, can he be effective.

DetDannyWilliams
10-15-2013, 06:59 PM
http://oi40.tinypic.com/19y1de.jpg:bs:

DetDannyWilliams
10-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Backchecking through the middle Kaleta approches Johnson from the side and finshes a check directly to Johnson's head, Although Johnson is eligible to be checked, Kaleta takes an improper angle misses Johnson's body and does not make a full body check instead he hits Johnson directly on the chin with his left shoulder.

gebobs
10-15-2013, 09:16 PM
He's a piece of ****. You know why he's suspended? Because he doesn't know how to finish a check. Heck, usually he whiffs. Kaleta sucks.

SkateZilla
10-16-2013, 10:32 AM
10 Games for Missing a Check... or "Taking the Wrong Angle"

They guy was smart and slammed on the brakes and turned, Kaleta, TBH Prolly shoulda Bailed on the attempt, but face it, every option is seen clearer in Hindsight and slow-motion.

Add that to the list of Front office Eff ups this year.

Shanaban needs to stop analyzing these plays in slow mo.

Of course Kaleta put his arms up, what's he gonna do, use his face to brace himself before hitting the boards.

What a Idiot.

DetDannyWilliams
10-16-2013, 11:31 AM
He's a piece of ****. You know why he's suspended? Because he doesn't know how to finish a check. Heck, usually he whiffs. Kaleta sucks.

are you kidding me! he's our best PKer he's the only one on this team that goes down and blocks shots when the Sabres are killing a penalty. Last Night the Islanders score a PP goal that goal doesn't happen if Kaleta is there I guarantee you that. Sabres Penalty Killing has let in 4 goals since Kaleta has been suspended when he's out there on the ice the Sabres have killed every penalty.

SkateZilla
10-16-2013, 11:44 AM
are you kidding me! he's our best PKer he's the only one on this team that goes down and blocks shots when the Sabres are killing a penalty. Last Night the Islanders score a PP goal that goal doesn't happen if Kaleta is there I guarantee you that. Sabres Penalty Killing has let in 4 goals since Kaleta has been suspended when he's out there on the ice the Sabres have killed every penalty.

Point is moot when he's the one in the Box.

gebobs
10-16-2013, 12:24 PM
I was talking about his checking. For every good check he lands, he whiffs another two, or worse like here, throws an elbow. That wasn't an accident. That wasn't Kaleta, as Skatezilla said, bracing himself for the boards. That was Kaleta, once again, not lining up his check well and throwing an elbow. If Kaleta hits him square, there's no problem. Johnson was basically standing there waiting for the hit. I swear Kaleta needs glasses or something.

Sure, Kaleta has some value on a team which has marginal value across the board. When we get a roster that is Cup competitive, rest assured he will not be part of it. My opinion, for sure, and I know it doesn't square with the general opinion of the guy with Sabres fans. I have never been a fan of his.

DetDannyWilliams
10-16-2013, 04:22 PM
I was talking about his checking. For every good check he lands, he whiffs another two, or worse like here, throws an elbow. That wasn't an accident. That wasn't Kaleta, as Skatezilla said, bracing himself for the boards. That was Kaleta, once again, not lining up his check well and throwing an elbow. If Kaleta hits him square, there's no problem. Johnson was basically standing there waiting for the hit. I swear Kaleta needs glasses or something.

Sure, Kaleta has some value on a team which has marginal value across the board. When we get a roster that is Cup competitive, rest assured he will not be part of it. My opinion, for sure, and I know it doesn't square with the general opinion of the guy with Sabres fans. I have never been a fan of his.

:roflmao: you keep telling yourself that! Look Kaleta will be here as long as he wants to be He's even said it. The Sabres are his team, he grew up watching the Sabres and he will take hometown discount everytime to stay in Buffalo if the Sabres offer it to him and if I remember Pegula saying in his press conference when he bought the team that we aren't going to let our players walk out the door. Kaleta is Buffalo he knows Buffalo he knows about the blue collar hard workers in Buffalo and WNY that get up at 5:00am-6:00pm and bust their hump all day to make a living.

trapezeus
10-16-2013, 04:35 PM
kaleta is a weak player who now has a reputation (warranted for the most part). But that reputation has him sitting in the box when he's half as aggressive a hockey player should be on the checking line. So anytime you play him, he's taking a penalty and not even doing anything to intimidate a team.

he's deadweight at this point. the sabres are probably better off without him for 10 games.

PTI
10-16-2013, 05:00 PM
kaleta is a weak player who now has a reputation (warranted for the most part). But that reputation has him sitting in the box when he's half as aggressive a hockey player should be on the checking line. So anytime you play him, he's taking a penalty and not even doing anything to intimidate a team.

he's deadweight at this point. the sabres are probably better off without him for 10 games.

He has been a useless player for years based on his production, especially since his hands a re dead now too from several years ago. Waste of a roster spot.

DetDannyWilliams
10-16-2013, 05:49 PM
by the way Kaleta is appealing the suspension, After conferring with his agent and the NHL Players' Association, Kaleta will
appeal the decision brought on by his illegal check to the head of Columbus Blue
Jackets defenceman Jack Johnson (http://www.billszone.com/nhl/teams/players/?name=jack+johnson).

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the first appeal will be heard
by NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and if he upholds the ruling, the new CBA
allows for a second appeal to a neutral arbitrator.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=434292&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

OpIv37
10-16-2013, 08:46 PM

This.

The guy has become useless. He spends so much time in the box on a combination of legitimate calls and reputation calls, and he gets suspended at least once a season. And his hockey talent is marginal at best. I like the way he throws his weight around and he brings an edge to a team that has lacked one basically since the Rob Ray days, but he adds zero offense and his reputation has made him a liability.

And ****- I get so tired of seeing him ignore the puck to go for a hit, especially when he ends up whiffing on the hit and taking himself out of the play without cancelling an opponent.

gebobs
10-17-2013, 10:12 AM
:roflmao: you keep telling yourself that! Look Kaleta will be here as long as he wants to be He's even said it. The Sabres are his team, he grew up watching the Sabres and he will take hometown discount everytime to stay in Buffalo if the Sabres offer it to him and if I remember Pegula saying in his press conference when he bought the team that we aren't going to let our players walk out the door. Kaleta is Buffalo he knows Buffalo he knows about the blue collar hard workers in Buffalo and WNY that get up at 5:00am-6:00pm and bust their hump all day to make a living.
Tim Kennedy was weak and despite his Buffalo cred was let go. Since then, he's bounced around the league and has played fewer than 50 games. It will be the same with Kaleta if the Sabres get to the point of contention any time soon.

Kaleta provides value on a team that can't afford to get any worse. He draws penalties, but that's lost on the Sabres and their inept power play. His reputation as a cheap shot artist, entirely deserved, further depletes his value to the team. This time 10 games. Next time 20?

The love for Kaleta is entirely based on homerism. Without Buffalo, he's out of the league.

OpIv37
10-17-2013, 10:21 AM
And because of his history and reputation, any suspension is going to be trumped up. Something that wouldn't get a guy like, say, McCormick suspended at all will get Kaleta 5 games, and something that gets McCormick 5 games will get Kaleta 10 or 20.

PTI
10-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Hilarious, Matt Cooke can save you Kaleta!! Cooke is off to a good start, 3 G, 3 A, in 7 games thus far! ZERO PMs!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/matt-cooke-believes-save-patrick-kaleta-appeals-10-212918915--nhl.html

gebobs
10-18-2013, 09:05 AM
And another one agrees...

http://www.trendingbuffalo.com/sports/buffalo-sabres/sabres-worst-offense-history-pat-kaleta-garbage/

DetDannyWilliams
10-19-2013, 11:59 AM
OMG This is a JOKE! Shanaban needs to be gone Kaleta gets 10 games while Lapierre ONLY gets five :lol: for his hit on Sharks Dan Boyle and his hit was much worse he put Boyle in the hospital and what did Kaleta do absolutely nothing! Lapierre should be thrown out of the league.
while Boyle indeed lost his balance, Lapierre targeted the Sharks defenseman's back. "What's more, despite the fact that Boyle's stumble might have contributed to his vulnerability, the fact remains, if Lapierre doesn't hit him illegally in the numbers, Boyle's face does not crash violently into the boards," Shanahan said.

"While (Boyle's position) might mitigate some of the responsibility for the hit, it doesn't erase it entirely."
http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2013-10-18/maxim-lapierre-suspension-video-dan-boyle-update

JATMtheJATM
10-19-2013, 01:25 PM
thrown out of the league? little dramatic.

kaleta got his suspension length because he has built himself a very negative reputation. thats what happens.

DetDannyWilliams
10-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Tomorrow Kaleta meets with the Commish to appeal the suspension and if Bettman upholds the suspension Kaleta's got one more move, he can appeal his suspension to the NHLPA.

gebobs
10-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Tomorrow Kaleta meets with the Commish to appeal the suspension and if Bettman upholds the suspension Kaleta's got one more move, he can appeal his suspension to the NHLPA.

Bettman isn't going to overturn. And seeing as he's already missed several games, further appeals are moot.

DetDannyWilliams
10-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Bettman isn't going to overturn. And seeing as he's already missed several games, further appeals are moot.
Kaleta and the PA have the right under the new CBA to take their appeal to an independent arbitrator within seven days. There’s a widely held belief that the PA is anxious to try out this new legal avenue as soon as possible. http://nhl.si.com/2013/10/24/patrick-kaletas-suspension-upheld-by-nhl-will-nhlpa-appeal-again/