• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Bills @ Dolphins Preview

Bills fans got what we expected last week – a hard fought game and a loss. Now the Bills head to Miami to take on a rested 3-2 Dolphins team. I really like the Bills match-up in this one, more so than any other game this year. The defense will give the Bills a chance to win this game but the offense needs to execute when given field position. Enjoy!

Quarterback:
    Thad Lewis finished with a 100.5 QBR against the top 10 Bengals D. To put that in perspective Tom Brady had a rating of 52.2 the week before. Ryan Tannehill has been mostly impressive this season, he’s been accurate with the exception of throwing to Mike Wallace the two of them have yet to find their synchronicity. It’s also worth noting that Tannehill struggles most when throwing between the hash marks. Until we see if Thad can better last weeks performance = Dolphins
    Ryan Tannehill = 114/182, 1383 yards, 62.2%, 6TD/5INT, QBR 85.5
    Thad Lewis = 19/32, 216 yards, 59.4%, 2TD, QBR 100.5
    Running back:
    The Miami Dolphins have one of the worst rushing attacks in the league, averaging just 69.6 yards per game. Interesting though, they have 5 rushing TD’s which ranks them tied for 8th. This is directly tied to Tannehill inability to find receivers in the middle of the field, when the Dolphins get close their looking sideline pass or run. Lamar Miller has speed and can surprise you but the Dolphins are not going to be grinding this one out = Bills
    CJ Spiller = 84/351 yards, 4.2YPC, 1TD
    Lamar Miller = 50/211 yards, 4.2YPC, 2TD

Wide Receivers/Tight ends:
    Brian Hartline has continued to be a very reliable target and has made up for Mike Wallace’s lack of production. But it’s Fullback Charles Clay who becomes the focal point in this game, Clay has been targeted 31x and becomes a legitimate threat when catching out of the backfield, Clay leads all Dolphin receivers with 148 yards after the catch. Wallce and Brandon Gibson also deserve respect and I think the multiple options for Tannehill spreads the Bills secondary too thin. =Dolphins
    Brian Hartline = 25/332, 2TD
    Charles Clay = 23/297, 2TD
    Robert Woods = 18/274, 2TD
    Stevie Johnson = 20/254, 2TD
    Oline:
    Miami is second in the league in sacks allowed , when you consider they’ve played one less game than the leader, they’re the leagues worst (24). That’s just about 10% of their offensive plays ending in a sack. If you have a number in the 90’s you need to be licking your chops this week. = Bills
    Dline/LBers:
    The Bills are still sitting in the top 3 for sacks, but are still in the bottom of the league against the run, allowing 124 yards per game. The Dolphins are tough against the run, and struggle against the pass. From what I have seen their LB’s really struggle in pass coverage. Bills RB’s and TE could exploit this. Kiko Alonso needs to be locked onto Charles Clay and neutralize the YAC. Because the Bills pass rush is so effective and the Dolphins Oline struggles I give the Bills the upper hand here. = Bills
    Kiko Alonso = 66 Tackles, 1 sack, 4INT
    Marcell Dareus = 28 Tackles, 4 sacks
    Dannell Ellerbe = 40 tackles
    Philip Wheeler – 35 Tackles, .5 sacks
    Defensive backs:
    Was I the only one who thought watching Stephon Gilmore was painful last week? Gilmore might be the most physical corner in the NFL, playing one handed left him way off his game, but you have to appreciate his guts to get out there and play. Jairus Byrd was sprinkled in and expect we will see even more of him this week. The Dolphins secondary of Brent Grimes, Reshad Jones, Chris Clemons and Dimitri Patterson (back from injury) is a solid group, but they have shown an inability to contend with speedy receivers allowing 456 yards to speedsters in their last 4 games. Marques Goodwin and TJ Graham could require extra attention opening up the middle of the field for Stevie Johnson. = Bills
    Da’Norris Searcy = 49 Tackles, 2 sacks
    Aaron Williams = 34 Tackles, 2INT
    Reshad Jones = 31 Tackles, .5 sacks, 1INT
    Dimitri Patterson = 2 Tackles, 2INT

Coaching:
    I like Joe Philbin as a head coach, but he’s yet to strike any of that magic he found in Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. The Dolphins made a huge splash in free agency and sometimes when you overhaul a team it can be tough to find chemistry/consistency. That’s where the Dolphins are now. They’ve had 2 weeks to prepare for Buffalo so that gives them the advantage. But based on the overall match-up I really like the Bills. = Dolphins
    Joe Philbin = 10-11 (1-1 vs Buffalo)
    Doug Marrone = 2-4
    Last edited by The King; 10-16-2013, 07:33 PM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• malvado78
    • Mar 2006

Re: Bills @ Dolphins Preview

Originally posted by The King View Post

"...
    is a solid group, but they have shown anability to contend with speedy receivers allowing 456 yards to speedsters in their last 4 games. Marques Goodwin and TJ Graham could require extra attention opening up the middle of the field for Stevie Johnson. = Bills
    I think this should be "inability"

Good write up though.

Comment

• DBrown77
      Watching the Bills suck since 1999
      • Mar 2005

If we can keep them from hitting the deep passes we will win.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DBrown77 View Post
        If we can keep them from hitting the deep passes we will win.
        I think it's even easier... Just keep them one dimensional. The Jets caught us with Bilal Powell. If we could've kept Geno throwing we're winning that game.
        The Dolphins line sucks, and if they can't keep us honest Tannehill won't have time to find anyone deep.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

We lose by 11... I live here and it is supposed to suck when Buffalo comes down here. (sigh)

- - - Updated - - -

We lose by 11... I live here and it is supposed to suck when Buffalo comes down here. (sigh)

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

so its your fault then
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

Yes. Yes it is.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                Yes. Yes it is.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• kishoph
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  The Bills are still sitting in the top 3 for sacks, but are still in the bottom of the league against the run, allowing 124 yards per game. The Dolphins are tough against the run, and struggle against the pass. From what I have seen their LB’s really struggle in pass coverage. Bills RB’s and TE could exploit this. Kiko Alonso needs to be locked onto Charles Clay and neutralize the YAC. Because the Bills pass rush is so effective and the Dolphins Oline struggles I give the Bills the upper hand here.
                  The Bills defensive run stats can be a little misleading because the opposition has had the ball so many times due to how the offense was running with not only the speed of getting off plays, but the futility of it. In yards per rush the Bills defense ranks the 16th lowest, which is much better than being the 3 worst, where they finished up last season.
                  Last edited by kishoph; 10-17-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

after starting off the season like nostradamas at 3-0 mh the geek has dick jauron/ryan fitzpatrick/drew stafford-ed himself to a 3-3 record picking bills games

however, mh is totally positive the bills are going to get off the road schneid and beat the counterfish 24-20
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

This team needs to prove it can compete on the road. I don't think they are there yet.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Miami_Vice
                        • Aug 2003

Dolphin fan here. I think we win this one by like 7 or 10 points. BUT our Oline is AWFUL and you guys should get at least 3 or 4 sacks. I'll be honest that I haven't seen anything from Thad Lewis so I really dont know what to expect but its a home game so we got that going in our favor.

Comment

• Gibby
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                          Yes. Yes it is.
                          You *****, jinxing us like you. Oh well, I'm returning the Jinx, the Bills lose by 10 to Miami and then get blown at home by KC in a few weeks.

Comment

• bigbry
                            • Aug 2002

Its really very simple, Bills lose this week....Preview ended!

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                              The Bills defensive run stats can be a little misleading because the opposition has had the ball so many times due to how the offense was running with not only the speed of getting off plays, but the futility of it. In yards per rush the Bills defense ranks the 16th lowest, which is much better than being the 3 worst, where they finished up last season.

Very true, they're middle of the road in YPC @ 3.9. But this was more about what Bilal Powell was able to do to them, when they were keyed in on Geno.
                              It was all

Comment

Working...
                              X