PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Ralph Wilson!

feldspar
10-17-2013, 10:33 AM
95-years-old today.

SpikedLemonade
10-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Fantastic!!!!!

cookie G
10-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Fantastic!!!!!

Let it go....

Buffalo Thriller
10-17-2013, 10:37 AM
95 years young, Happy Birthday hope he has another 10.

stuckincincy
10-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Happy B'day, Mr. W!

kelly2reed4six
10-17-2013, 11:51 AM
1 Year closer to........

:-D

Winning that elusive Superbowl, of course! You morbid minds!!!

Don't Panic
10-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I remember shaking his hand after the 51-3 drubbing we laid on the Raiders in the '91 AFC Championship game (he had opened the window to his box and my dad and I had snuck into the club seats in front of it) and thinking, "man, this dude is frail." That was almost 23 years ago...

BidsJr
10-17-2013, 04:52 PM
To be able to afford to live this long, he had to be cheap!

Generalissimus Gibby
10-17-2013, 04:59 PM
95-years-old today.

And to think Europe was at war with itself less than ten months later. Coincidence? I don't think so. Then in the next 95 years 200 million people would die, the most brutal dictatorships in the history of the world would be established, Miley Cyrus, Tiny Tim, and Lady Gaga would write stuff and people would call it music. The Bills would lose six world championships (one in the old AAFC and four in the NFL), the city of Buffalo's All Americans would never win a league title in the 1920s, and complete misery, earthquakes, floods, famine, and the hippies, yuppies, generation X, and twitter would all happen. Yes, today 95 years an evil spectre entered the world when the Chuck Norris of Satan would be born.

Don't like it? Tough! However, I think Spiked might.

Oh and Evil has a name Ralph and Because Ralph is Cheap, Evil is Cheap

DynaPaul
10-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Come on Goodell! Give Ralph a Super Bowl before his time is up.

YardRat
10-17-2013, 05:14 PM
:party:

tampabay25690
10-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Good for him!!!
Happy B Day to Ralph!

Crisis
10-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Happy birthday.

This man is going to outlive us all somehow.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Happy birthday.

On the occassion of Ralph's 195th birthday (with the Bills 114 years removed from their last playoff berth) my then 100 year old nephew will say you old fart, when the hell will you die already?

Mace
10-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Das Ralphenstein ! 795 and counting, feeding of the gnashing angst of those who despise him.

Once, I looked into his ancestry. In 1218, the Khara-Khitan Khanate was destroyed by Genghis Khan's Mongolian cavalry. Khara-Khitan was said to be led by someone from Detroit, a land no one knew of, his warchiefs said to be known only as the Littman and the Overdorf. As I considered the ancient parchments written in nearly lost tongues, the candles flickered.

From the shadows, a figure emerged, looking like Gary Oldman in Bram Stoker's Dracula, and speaking very nearly the same whispery tone. He gave me a Zubaz and a mesh cap, discussed tennis for seniors, marketing strategy, and then was gone, a shadow in the night. I went home, out the same window I'd entered, ducking the guards, chilled with understanding how fragile the essence of life, thrilled with colorful pants and a good hat, understanding a regional marketing strategy and senior tennis as few ever will.

I still have the hat, the zubaz, and a savage return volley rushing the net in slow motion, licensing rights for a number of adult senior care products across the northeast and midwest....but I will never ever forget that whispery voice in the dead of night, saying "Listen to them, the children of the night....pull my finger..."

Happy Birthday Mr. Wilson, and thanks for the wing of hospice where I spent the last days I ever will with my mom. Can't ever forget that.

Live 795 more years to upset Spiked and then send him a mesh cap with regards.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Das Ralphenstein ! 795 and counting, feeding of the gnashing angst of those who despise him.

Once, I looked into his ancestry. In 1218, the Khara-Khitan Khanate was destroyed by Genghis Khan's Mongolian cavalry. Khara-Khitan was said to be led by someone from Detroit, a land no one knew of, his warchiefs said to be known only as the Littman and the Overdorf. As I considered the ancient parchments written in nearly lost tongues, the candles flickered.

From the shadows, a figure emerged, looking like Gary Oldman in Bram Stoker's Dracula, and speaking very nearly the same whispery tone. He gave me a Zubaz and a mesh cap, discussed tennis for seniors, marketing strategy, and then was gone, a shadow in the night. I went home, out the same window I'd entered, ducking the guards, chilled with understanding how fragile the essence of life, thrilled with colorful pants and a good hat, understanding a regional marketing strategy and senior tennis as few ever will.

I still have the hat, the zubaz, and a savage return volley rushing the net in slow motion, licensing rights for a number of adult senior care products across the northeast and midwest....but I will never ever forget that whispery voice in the dead of night, saying "Listen to them, the children of the night....pull my finger..."

Happy Birthday Mr. Wilson, and thanks for the wing of hospice where I spent the last days I ever will with my mom. Can't ever forget that.

Live 795 more years to upset Spiked and then send him a mesh cap with regards.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing, good show. Of course I may laugh too easily but this was some funny ****.

Homegrown
10-17-2013, 07:44 PM

This true, I've dying via death by 1,000 paper-cuts watching this team through the years (i.e. Wide Right, Music City Miracle, etc.) ... and Happy B-Day RW

Skooby
10-18-2013, 05:19 AM
http://blogdailyherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/3879-animated_gif-chuck_norris-dodgeball-thumbs_up.gif