PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are either good, or the Dolphins are bad.

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Beat a divisional opponent, on the road, with a QB who 2 weeks ago was bagging groceries, both of your RBs have one leg, and you are so desperate in the secondary, you are starting a guy with one hand.

Still, the Defense came up huge. Mario Williams single handedly won this game. Fred Jackson getting that first down was huge.

This was a game they usually lose somehow.

What a win. And yes, I think the Bills are a good football team. Today showed it, IMO. Yes they have issues in the secondary, as usual, but a win is a win, and a road division win is huge. The fact that it's Miami makes it even sweeter.

I'm going to enjoy this all week.

Novacane
10-20-2013, 03:18 PM
They are talented but young. They have the chance to be good. You are right. This is a game they usually find a way to lose. I really like that they never quit.

PcA125
10-20-2013, 03:18 PM
I loved this win. Mostly because I thought, no I knew, that they were going to blow it. We are banged up on O and our D stepped up at the end to bail us out.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Bills are lucky.

And the Dolphins suck

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Bills are lucky.

And the Dolphins suck

Luck really had nothing to do with this win. Sorry TD, your trolling won't bring me down after this win.

Night Train
10-20-2013, 03:20 PM
The Fins are just like Dallas. A mile over the cap and having to cut a boatload of players after this season.

Have to admire that half empty stadium today. Some "fans" .

OpIv37
10-20-2013, 03:21 PM
I agree with you that this is a game we would normally lose, but this is still not a good team.

We couldn't run against a team that has struggled with run D, and we couldn't protect Thad. The OL sucked today. And we only managed one offensive TD.

And their struggling run game looked fine against our D. The secondary was bad and Kiko was invisible for the first half.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Luck really had nothing to do with this win. Sorry TD, your trolling won't bring me down after this win.

Yes I guess we didn't get lucky Tannerhill fumbles the ball.
Or that Johnson recovers the fumble in the Ravens game.
And the PI call that takes away the INT in the Panthers game.

Novacane
10-20-2013, 03:25 PM
I agree with you that this is a game we would normally lose, but this is still not a good team.

We couldn't run against a team that has struggled with run D, and we couldn't protect Thad. The OL sucked today. And we only managed one offensive TD.

And their struggling run game looked fine against our D. The secondary was bad and Kiko was invisible for the first half.

I agree the OL was not good today in the pass but you have to cut them some slack in the run game. You can't give a fair assessment when both our RB were hobbled. The run game still won the game on the last drive when Miami knew we were going to run

Novacane
10-20-2013, 03:27 PM

Come on TD. Mario made a great play to force that fumble. That was not luck and you know it. Stop acting like OP

SquishDaFish
10-20-2013, 03:31 PM

Now your talking out your ass bro. Mario made that play it wasnt luck. The only lucky your right on is that PI call.

Please go be a fan of another team ****

Night Train
10-20-2013, 03:31 PM
QB had a bad foot. Top 2 RB's playing hurt.

I'm actually shocked they won due to the above... but Mario Williams was sensational all day and Miami's QB has a penchant for bad turnovers.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Now your talking out your ass bro. Mario made that play it wasnt luck. The only lucky your right on is that PI call.

Please go be a fan of another team ****
The luck is the stupid play call Miami called and from Tannerhill holding on to the ball to long.
Great play by Mario, no doubt.

ServoBillieves
10-20-2013, 03:34 PM
The Fish suck and I'm OK with that.

The Bills are a 2014 team to watch.

Meathead
10-20-2013, 03:34 PM
oh come on. miami isnt as good as they looked early in the season but theyve still been playing pretty solid ball in any stadium not below sea level

this was a very gutsy win. i think the bills showed a big jump in maturity, very few unforced mistakes which was a freakin huge problem all year. showed they could shut down the screens and do better on the end arounds that killed them the week prior. made a bunch of key plays when they needed them. even white williams falling on the ball awkwardly was tons better than trying too hard to pick it up and lose the possession

looks like one of those growth spurt games where a team starts to learn how to win. may or may not mean anything in the long run but right now its very encouraging

MikeInRoch
10-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Lucky that the call was made. There *was* interference, and it *did* result in the interception.

ParanoidAndroid
10-20-2013, 03:50 PM
The Dolphins are a decent team, very mediocre. So are the Bills. The difference is that we are learning how to stay in and win games. Today, Buffalo was the better team because they made plays when they counted.

- - - Updated - - -

Great play by Mario, no doubt.

There. Was that so hard?

Mace
10-20-2013, 04:12 PM
For an injury riddled, penalty ridden team, necessarily locked into a learning curve with new coaches and new schemes and as mentioned, starting two one legged rb's and a one armed corner, with Kevin Kolb, Dennis Dixon, Matt Flynn, Jeff Tuel, EJ Manuel and Thad Lewis drawing paychecks at the cursed QB position, this team is doing absolutely freaking spectacular to be 3-4.

Major potential going on here.

I don't know if they'll achieve it, and I doubt I'll be here to see it next year though because these last second games are going to kill me.

Fixxxer
10-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Their defense is tough and Wake is beast. I know he's battling some injuries but today he was non-existant. Their oline is weak and Tannehill is still too green, so it's an awful feeling seeing them score three TDs on us.

OpIv37
10-20-2013, 04:17 PM
I agree the OL was not good today in the pass but you have to cut them some slack in the run game. You can't give a fair assessment when both our RB were hobbled. The run game still won the game on the last drive when Miami knew we were going to run

Agreed- I'll give you that one.

Mr. Pink
10-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Today was not a game you'll usually win.

We played as poorly as possible and still won because the other team played worse.

The o-line didn't block anyone, the offensive gameplan was terrible, Thad didn't look all that great when he was able to actually make decisions, we couldn't run, we couldn't stop the run, when Tannehill wasn't shooting his own team in the foot he could do whatever he wanted.

Lone bright spot for the Bills besides the W which obviously is the most important part, was the play of "Fool's Gold" I think it's time the guy on here who calls him that starts giving Mario credit for being the best player this season on the defensive side of the ball.

Skooby
10-20-2013, 04:25 PM

We played as poorly as possible and still won because the other team played worse.

The o-line didn't block anyone, the offensive gameplan was terrible, Thad didn't look all that great when he was able to actually make decisions, we couldn't run, we couldn't stop the run, when Tannehill wasn't shooting his own team in the foot he could do whatever he wanted.

Lone bright spot for the Bills besides the W which obviously is the most important part, was the play of "Fool's Gold" I think it's time the guy on here who calls him that starts giving Mario credit for being the best player this season on the defensive side of the ball.Miami looked rusty & then their O-line got tired there at the end.

Mace
10-20-2013, 04:29 PM

Lone bright spot for the Bills besides the W which obviously is the most important part, was the play of "Fool's Gold" I think it's time the guy on here who calls him that starts giving Mario credit for being the best player this season on the defensive side of the ball.

So in other words, it was a classic run for the bus game against a division opponent where we won by not running for the bus. That in and of itself is an achievement whether or not it dawns on you. The 100 million dollar man didn't even go on cruise control like you'd expect a 100 million dollar man to do in a "run for the bus game."

Don't anoint them contenders, but they earned some credit by working for it more than we're used to instead of rolling over again for the moral victory of "close divisional road loss to a team coming off the bye".

Famous Amos
10-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Bills offense did well enough in spite of Hacketts play calling

DesertFox24
10-20-2013, 06:50 PM
This team has a long way to go but it was nice seeing us win a game the way we normally lose them. There are some bright spots and some definite question marks for sure. I was very concerned about our def they were not playing well early on run def or getting pressure. That being said Pettine made some changes and they were better. As for off we out Thad in a terrible position both RBs are banged up and teams are teeing off on him.

pmoon6
10-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Paraphrasing the Bills' Anti-Fans.

"Yeah, we won, but we still suck"

Jry44
10-21-2013, 07:19 AM
Doug Marrone is absolutely coaching his ass off. This guy has had this team in every single game this year despite the youth and the injuries. Even when it has looked like some games were headed towards a blow out, this team has battled back and not given up. Losing in OT to Cincy and beating Miami on the road with a PS QB is almost unheard of.

With the way this draft class is looking so far together with what we are seeing from Marrone to this point I feel like for once, the future of this franchise might finally be shinning a glimmer of brightness. There's no way this team should be 3-4 with the injuries and youth.