PDA

View Full Version : X's official "I Was Wrong" admission

X-Era
10-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes, many of you have haunted me about calling out Freddy. He did look slow last year and througout the pre-season.

But I will say unequivocally that I am so glad he's still a Bill!

The guy plays hurt, has stepped up and been huge in these games while Spiller is banged up. He's done his job and more.

I couldn't be more pleased with what he has done on the field. I didn't expect it based on what I thought I saw. But, I was wrong and I will admit it.

Yes, I still want a young, big, bruising RB as our #3 initially. But, I'm really glad Freddy is still here.

TigerJ
10-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Freddy is clearly in the twilight of his career, but he still plays very smart. You're right to be looking toward acquiring a younger big back. There's a guy on the PS now that might fit the bill.

feldspar
10-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Now I'll have to make an "I was right" thread.

Skooby
10-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Fred is a gamer.

YardRat
10-20-2013, 05:29 PM
I was wrong about the defense wilting in the second half today. They came up big in the fourth quarter, when it was needed most.

X-Era
10-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Now I'll have to make an "I was right" thread.
You can. Of course that will cause a whole slew of folks to point out where you were wrong in the past...

Nature of the beast.

wozrob11
10-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Spiller BLOWS !!! YEAH YEAH YEAH HE'S GREAT IN SPACE ... well he's never in space he's always getting stuffed on his ass and i dont care about his boo boo ankle hit the dam hole and run the dam ball already enough with the dancing in the backfield bull****!!!

jdaltroy5
10-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Spiller BLOWS !!! YEAH YEAH YEAH HE'S GREAT IN SPACE ... well he's never in space he's always getting stuffed on his ass and i dont care about his boo boo ankle hit the dam hole and run the dam ball already enough with the dancing in the backfield bull****!!!
http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/2/25/Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

X-Era
10-20-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't have the data to back it at this point so I will just state a belief...

CJ Spiller is a top 5 RB in this league.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-20-2013, 06:23 PM
I don't have the data to back it at this point so I will just state a belief...

CJ Spiller is a top 5 RB in this league.

He's at best 5th behind Peterson, Lynch, McCoy, and Charles. And I'd need something compelling to put him over Foster, Gore, and Morris.

X-Era
10-20-2013, 06:26 PM
He's at best 5th behind Peterson, Lynch, McCoy, and Charles. And I'd need something compelling to put him over Foster, Gore, and Morris.I expect this response. No issue with it actually.

That's why I used the term "belief"