PDA

View Full Version : Don't be surprised if Sabres beat Bruins on Wednesday

DetDannyWilliams
10-20-2013, 05:54 PM
“It’s getting to be pretty ridiculous the way we’re starting games,” defenseman Tyler Myers said. “It’s unacceptable. It’s embarrassing.”
“We all knew we stunk that period,” said Marcus Foligno who joined Cody Hodgson in bringing the Sabres’ goal total to 12 in 10 games.
“It wasn’t good. It was terrible hockey.”
“These fans, they just want hard work,” Foligno said. “They want simple guys who care. That’s the way it’s always been.”http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-hit-another-low-as-latest-loss-leaves-rolston-testy-20131019

OpIv37
10-20-2013, 07:11 PM
So, let me get this straight.... You think the Sabres will beat the Bruins because of some quotes they made to the media about starting slow?

Gimme a ****ing break.

JATMtheJATM
10-20-2013, 07:14 PM
at least the offense is..... kinda. better? like over a goal a game now.

Dude
10-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Any time the Sabres win is a surprise.

SkateZilla
10-21-2013, 09:57 AM
a 1:7 ratio sounds about right for a crappy team.

trapezeus
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM
i thought the danceoff at center ice was going to be the difference maker.

remember how we all loved the cheeseburgers provided by mularkey in the one memorable season we had in the last 14 years?

i just don't get why the sabres find it so important to please darcy over pleasing their fans. This is his 3rd second chance to get it right, and it has to take at least 2-4 years to be in the run for a meaningful playoff run. Darcy does not need to be here for this. the fans will be more supportive. the players won't feel jeered.

but every owner since regas family feels some indebtedness to this idiot.

SkateZilla
10-21-2013, 01:55 PM
If i were GM, I'd send the young kids back to Rochester, pending clearing waivers.

And have a Firesale, get rid of everyone except Enroth, Miller, Vanek, Hodgson, And Ott, (Unless a Decent Offer is given for them).

put 1/2 of the Cap into the Top Forward Line and Top Defense Line, then Fill in the rest with Veterans with Similar Playstyles.

Let the Kids Develop in the AHL for a few years.

The King
10-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Looks like you guys are getting Tres' Zero in goal too.

OpIv37
10-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Looks like you guys are getting Tres' Zero in goal too.
Does it matter? You could put one of those cardboard goalie training cut outs over the goal and we'd still be lucky to score 2.

The King
10-23-2013, 12:01 PM
I dont know. Chad Johnson is unproven. He's a significant downgrade from Anton.

SkateZilla
10-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Bs are gonna be playing the backup goalie, if he gets a shutout Im gonna have a cow,.

OpIv37
10-23-2013, 02:36 PM
I bet we see a lot of back up goalies this year. Calling our offense "hapless" gives them too much credit.

The King
10-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Bs are gonna be playing the backup goalie, if he gets a shutout Im gonna have a cow,.
Didnt I already cover this?

SkateZilla
10-23-2013, 03:53 PM
It's the lag, im a few posts behind.

swiper
10-23-2013, 05:20 PM
trap is right. The only way to really change the culture is to replace Regier.

JATMtheJATM
10-23-2013, 10:01 PM
uhhhh. should i be surprised now?

even me, the staunch optimistic fan, is getting sick of this.

coastal
10-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Darcy needs to go this week.

GreedoII
10-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Don;t be surprised if you're wrong...oh wait...

who joined Cody Hodgson in bringing the Sabres’ goal total to 12 in 10 games. http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-hit-another-low-as-latest-loss-leaves-rolston-testy-20131019

trapezeus
10-24-2013, 08:41 AM
i am rooting for a loss every game now. the only way this team saves itself is by getting rid of regier. this team is listless. passionless. they gave up and it's not even october.

You can tell whatever player they bring in isn't going to make the team better. they'll decay to the level these players are all at. it needs a strong personality where everyone thinks, "****, i might not be here or even in the NHL if i don't make it on this team."

can you imagine a GM walk in and be like, "hey, i inherited this mess. you guys are the worst team in hockey. i owe nothing to any of you. and i think you all suck so much that i am getting a high pick to start out my regime. So show me what you got, or go get me the first pick in the draft so i can build this right. and remember, you can hate me all you want, but no other team wants you right now. This is essentially your last chance with the exception of2-3 of you. and we don't really need more water bottle and pucks. So if you really want to be an NHL'er, now would be a good time to show us that. Otherwise wegmans needs cart pushers."

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2013, 08:57 AM
At no point in the game did the Sabres sustain pressure in the offensive zone. Not once.