PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: I have proof Marcus Thigpen was down on the 33 on that kickoff return

I was yelling at the tv during this here we go again wtf thank god it didn't cost us.

Comment

• kishoph
      • Jun 2003

It certainly looked like his knee touched and I'm sure that's what Marrone was talking to the ref about and not a holding as Steve Tasker was saying.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

I just hope the kick was short by design.

Carpenter has been great all season kicking the ball deep resulting in touchbacks or <20yrd returns. He should be kicking as hard has he can every time. No squib or short kicks. Marcus Easley is right there, every time!

Comment

• jdaltroy5
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post

Carpenter has been great all season kicking the ball deep resulting in touchbacks or <20yrd returns. He should be kicking as hard has he can every time. No squib or short kicks. Marcus Easley is right there, every time!
          I hope to God it wasn't short by design.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Carpenter said the kick was his fault - he mis-hit. It was supposed to be long
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post

No, it was not by design. Marrone & Carpenter both said it was just a bad kick. Lucky it did not cost us the game, just turned it into a nail biter.

But I am very happy with Carpenter. He is much better than Lindell was.

Comment

• PTI
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

This is the 2nd time now they have kicked short on that last one instead of attempting to get it out of the end zone. Maybe even more than that on purpose. The Bills tied the game up against the Bengals last week, and then on purpose kicked off short too on the Bengals last chance in regulation. Tate had a decent return on that one. I thought Bills were going to lose in regulation because of that.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by PTI View Post
                  This is the 2nd time now they have kicked short on that last one instead of attempting to get it out of the end zone. Maybe even more than that on purpose. The Bills tied the game up against the Bengals last week, and then on purpose kicked off short too on the Bengals last chance in regulation. Tate had a decent return on that one. I thought Bills were going to lose in regulation because of that.

You are wrong. Carpenter himself said he mis hit the kick
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• PTI
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                    You are wrong. Carpenter himself said he mis hit the kick
                    They did the same thing last week against the Bengals. Guess he missed that one too.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

Or, gasp, they learned from that mistake and tried something different ...
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

I thought he was down too.

Man for about three seconds I was reliving the Tennessee thing, I swear!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

He wasn't down.

His knee was about 6 inches off the ground.

And that picture of "proof?" Could there possibly be any more grain? Was it shot in 1980 technology?

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            He wasn't down.

His knee was about 6 inches off the ground.

And that picture of "proof?" Could there possibly be any more grain? Was it shot in 1980 technology?

If you look at how his foot is positioned and his leg/knee, they are parallel (look at the shadow under the leg/knee), it is a little hard to tell in that image, so I tried to catch it a split second before and then blew it up. I wasn't sure before, but now I'm almost certain his knee was down and definitely no 6" off the ground. A big issue is why they didn't even take a look at it, especially when it seemed that Marrone was questioning it also. The refs blow too many crucial calls and could of cost the Bills that game.

Last edited by kishoph; 10-21-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                              If you look at how his foot is positioned and his leg/knee, they are parallel (look at the shadow under the leg/knee), it is a little hard to tell in that image, so I tried to catch it a split second before and then blew it up. I wasn't sure before, but now I'm almost certain his knee was down and definitely no 6" off the ground. A big issue is why they didn't even take a look at it, especially when it seemed that Marrone was questioning it also. The refs blow too many crucial calls and could of cost the Bills that game.

His knee is basically right behind his arm in this shot. Look at his hand, look at his knee. His hand is lower than his knee.

Saying his left knee is down here is like saying his entire right foot is on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X