PDA

View Full Version : I have proof Marcus Thigpen was down on the 33 on that kickoff return

PromoTheRobot
10-21-2013, 12:26 AM

Why on earth did they not review this?

PTR

SeatownBillsFan21
10-21-2013, 02:15 AM
I was yelling at the tv during this here we go again wtf thank god it didn't cost us.

kishoph
10-21-2013, 04:59 AM
It certainly looked like his knee touched and I'm sure that's what Marrone was talking to the ref about and not a holding as Steve Tasker was saying. :blahblah:

jamze132
10-21-2013, 09:11 AM
I just hope the kick was short by design.

Carpenter has been great all season kicking the ball deep resulting in touchbacks or <20yrd returns. He should be kicking as hard has he can every time. No squib or short kicks. Marcus Easley is right there, every time!

jdaltroy5
10-21-2013, 09:13 AM

Carpenter has been great all season kicking the ball deep resulting in touchbacks or <20yrd returns. He should be kicking as hard has he can every time. No squib or short kicks. Marcus Easley is right there, every time!
I hope to God it wasn't short by design.

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Carpenter said the kick was his fault - he mis-hit. It was supposed to be long

better days
10-21-2013, 09:15 AM

No, it was not by design. Marrone & Carpenter both said it was just a bad kick. Lucky it did not cost us the game, just turned it into a nail biter.

But I am very happy with Carpenter. He is much better than Lindell was.

PTI
10-21-2013, 09:18 AM
This is the 2nd time now they have kicked short on that last one instead of attempting to get it out of the end zone. Maybe even more than that on purpose. The Bills tied the game up against the Bengals last week, and then on purpose kicked off short too on the Bengals last chance in regulation. Tate had a decent return on that one. I thought Bills were going to lose in regulation because of that.

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2013, 09:19 AM
This is the 2nd time now they have kicked short on that last one instead of attempting to get it out of the end zone. Maybe even more than that on purpose. The Bills tied the game up against the Bengals last week, and then on purpose kicked off short too on the Bengals last chance in regulation. Tate had a decent return on that one. I thought Bills were going to lose in regulation because of that.

You are wrong. Carpenter himself said he mis hit the kick

PTI
10-21-2013, 09:26 AM
You are wrong. Carpenter himself said he mis hit the kick

They did the same thing last week against the Bengals. Guess he missed that one too.

casdhf
10-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Or, gasp, they learned from that mistake and tried something different ...

Historian
10-21-2013, 11:30 AM
I thought he was down too.

Man for about three seconds I was reliving the Tennessee thing, I swear!

Mr. Pink
10-21-2013, 11:36 AM
He wasn't down.

His knee was about 6 inches off the ground.

And that picture of "proof?" Could there possibly be any more grain? Was it shot in 1980 technology?

kishoph
10-21-2013, 12:18 PM
He wasn't down.

His knee was about 6 inches off the ground.

And that picture of "proof?" Could there possibly be any more grain? Was it shot in 1980 technology?

If you look at how his foot is positioned and his leg/knee, they are parallel (look at the shadow under the leg/knee), it is a little hard to tell in that image, so I tried to catch it a split second before and then blew it up. I wasn't sure before, but now I'm almost certain his knee was down and definitely no 6" off the ground. A big issue is why they didn't even take a look at it, especially when it seemed that Marrone was questioning it also. The refs blow too many crucial calls and could of cost the Bills that game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/Image1B.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kishoph/media/Image1B.jpg.html)

Mr. Pink
10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
If you look at how his foot is positioned and his leg/knee, they are parallel (look at the shadow under the leg/knee), it is a little hard to tell in that image, so I tried to catch it a split second before and then blew it up. I wasn't sure before, but now I'm almost certain his knee was down and definitely no 6" off the ground. A big issue is why they didn't even take a look at it, especially when it seemed that Marrone was questioning it also. The refs blow too many crucial calls and could of cost the Bills that game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/Image1B.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kishoph/media/Image1B.jpg.html)

His knee is basically right behind his arm in this shot. Look at his hand, look at his knee. His hand is lower than his knee.

Saying his left knee is down here is like saying his entire right foot is on the ground.

JCBills
10-21-2013, 01:57 PM
His knee is basically right behind his arm in this shot. Look at his hand, look at his knee. His hand is lower than his knee.

Saying his left knee is down here is like saying his entire right foot is on the ground.

He is leaning over hard to his left side, so it looks like his hand is actually about 8 inches outside of his knee, because I don't know what type of gumby-man he would have to be for his knee not to be down with his right foot off the ground and his left foot dragging behind.

mjt328
10-21-2013, 02:11 PM

Are you blind?

Thief
10-21-2013, 02:17 PM
No, it was not by design. Marrone & Carpenter both said it was just a bad kick. Lucky it did not cost us the game, just turned it into a nail biter.

But I am very happy with Carpenter. He is much better than Lindell was.The weather has been luscious. Lets see how he is in Nov-Dec.

TigerJ
10-21-2013, 02:18 PM

Saying his left knee is down here is like saying his entire right foot is on the ground.I guess you've never taken an art class. The arm is nearer to the camera than the leg. Given the angle of the camera and the position of the arm, the hand is going to look lower than the knee. I think you're wrong on this one.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Find the play somewhere in full speed that's in good quality and you'll see that his hand and knee are basically parallel...that and his knee is nowhere near the ground.

It was within 2 minutes, obviously, so if it was even close the replay booth would have called down.

It wasn't close.

Thief
10-21-2013, 02:46 PM
That dude is without question down and saying he isn't makes just about as much sense as saying his right foot isn't on the ground becasue it is "above" his hand in the pic.

Meathead
10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
yeah i watched the replay a bunch of times and i dont think he was down either. thats a pretty classic example of the angle of the shot showing an optical illusion that makes the still pic look like something that would be obvious in the video, which it was

BillsFever21
10-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Either way if Dan Carpenter wouldn't have slowed him down then he may have taken it to the house. Either that or put them in FG position. I was having visions of the game last week against the Bengals.

jimmifli
10-21-2013, 04:08 PM

Why on earth did they not review this?

PTR
NEEDZ MOAR JPEG!11

scartown
10-21-2013, 06:47 PM
I just watched the play in slow mo again and his knee clearly touched the ground and bounced back up quick. Missed call by the refs.

Goobylal
10-21-2013, 07:58 PM
His knee is down. There is no way anyone can say otherwise.

Mike13
10-21-2013, 09:33 PM
and Gene Steratore completely missed Lamar Miller being horse collared.

TigerJ
10-21-2013, 09:58 PM
and Gene Steratore completely missed Lamar Miller being horse collared.You mean when Mario Williams grabbed the back of his jersey and hauled him down, the one where a flag was thrown and the officials picked it up and the announcers explained how a horse collar tackle would not be called unless Mario's hand got under the shoulder pad (which it didn't) and complimented the officials for a good no call?

PromoTheRobot
10-21-2013, 11:23 PM
and Gene Steratore completely missed Lamar Miller being horse collared.

It's not considered a horse collar if you grab the outside of the jersey. As you can see Mario has his jersey, not his collar. So the non-call was 100% correct.

PTR

imbondz
10-21-2013, 11:37 PM
It looks likes he's 100% down but if you blow the pic up his leg looks like it's at an angle and possibly not touching the ground at the second this pic was taken

PromoTheRobot
10-22-2013, 12:25 AM
It looks likes he's 100% down but if you blow the pic up his leg looks like it's at an angle and possibly not touching the ground at the second this pic was taken

I'd have to go back to Game Rewind to get a pic but you can see a mark on the field where his knee/hand hit.

You can't be absolutely sure looking at these screen captures, but it's pretty damn hard to strike that pose and NOT have your knee touch the ground! I mean look at the shadow under his leg. Look how it meets his knee. To me he looks down.

PTR

kishoph
10-22-2013, 04:49 AM
I'd have to go back to Game Rewind to get a pic but you can see a mark on the field where his knee/hand hit.

You can't be absolutely sure looking at these screen captures, but it's pretty damn hard to strike that pose and NOT have your knee touch the ground! I mean look at the shadow under his leg. Look how it meets his knee. To me he looks down.

PTR

Looking at the shadow is what made me think more so that his knee did touch, still my biggest problem is they didn't go under the "hood" to look at it, when it was such a crucial play. I think that the rule that coaches can't challenge with less than 2 minutes to go in a half needs to be changed.

YardRat
10-22-2013, 06:32 AM
They should have taken a closer look, I'm still not sure if his knee touched or not, but that still photo is far from 'proof'.

Goobylal
10-22-2013, 09:16 PM
His knee was clearly down. Thankfully it didn't matter.

JCBills
10-22-2013, 10:21 PM
For his knee not to be down, all of his weight would have to be on his hand or his left foot would be straining like crazy with the toe pointed like that.

delectrolux
10-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left...

jamze132
10-23-2013, 07:35 AM
I hope to God it wasn't short by design.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say...