• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

My bold prediction for the year.....

In two weeks, the Kansas City Chiefs will come to Ralph Wilson Stadium with a likely record of 8-0.

They will leave with a record of 8-1.

They beat Jacksonville, Dallas, Philadelphia, New York Giants, Tennessee, Oakland, and Houston and play Cleveland this week.

Except for Dallas (whom they beat in KC), none of those teams are much better than the Bills. Certainly some are in the same level (Tennessee, Philadelphia and Cleveland) and a few are worse (Jacksonville, New York Giants, and Oakland)

Their game at Buffalo, is possibly the hardest game they will have played up to that point.

I expect an ugly result next week, but I can definitely see an upset the week after.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • pmoon6
    Legendary Zoner
    • Dec 2002

Re: My bold prediction for the year.....

I've seen two KC games. Titans and Texans. My opinion is both those teams got jobbed with phantom penalties called against them at critical times. I had no bias when I watched those games, so it was an objective assessment.

I'm worried we get embarrassed in the Big Easy, but there's no reason we can't pull an upset against KC at home.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

The Bills always play KC tough. I am looking forward to a win as well.

And the Browns have proved to be better than people thought as well.

Comment

• ICRockets
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2008

Really excited for this game. My mom won tickets, she's been wanting to go to a game for a few years now and she'll finally have the chance. I think we've got a legit shot, KC has struggled against us of late.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I can see this happening. KC is not a 7-0 team. They're decent, don't get me wrong, but they've had the ball bounce their way a few times this year.

Comment

• PTI
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Bills will be 3-3 in the division.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

You just get lucky to get to 7-0 these days.

The Chiefs will leave here at 9-0...no Cleveland ain't beating them either.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

For some reason lately, we usually kill KC on the field & scoreboard. Our last couple of meetings weren't even that close.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

That is not what I said, but nice spin
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

35 sacks. That's how many KC has. To win this game means the Bills have to play near perfect. KC's offense isn't great but their D is as tough as anyone.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• PTI
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Going to need some draw plays to go for big yards.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

We need a healthy Spiller in that game.

Keys will be protecting Lewis, establishing the run, and controlling Charles.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Gibby
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                          I've seen two KC games. Titans and Texans. My opinion is both those teams got jobbed with phantom penalties called against them at critical times. I had no bias when I watched those games, so it was an objective assessment.

I'm worried we get embarrassed in the Big Easy, but there's no reason we can't pull an upset against KC at home.
                          I've seen all of them, and heard the ****ing media circus about them here is awful. One network has already hailed them as the AFC champ, and another expects a Superbowl. Actually, this year's Chiefs remind me a lot of the 03 Chiefs. Fortunately, this year's squad reminds me of the 03 Bengals. The bottom line is that the Chiefs are beatable, but we will have to play them very smart. Here are some things I've noticed about them:

1) They have a savage pass rush, but you can run on them and the best way to do this is up the center. Yes, they love blitzing the **** out of you, but this means you can run on them
                          2) They need turnovers to win. If you keep the football and don't throw stupid ints or fumble, they cannot beat you.
                          3) Alex Smith is merely the newest 49er flub to take the reigns of the Chiefs offense, following DeBerg, Montana, Bono, and Grbac. He is actually average at best like all of them were (lest anyone accuse me of blasphemy against the holy name of Montana, I want to stress that he was a legend in San Fran, but by the time he took over in KC he was still effective but not the terror he was in the eighties). Shut down Jamaal Charles and put a scout on Smith to keep him from rushing for a first and you've pretty much shut down the Chefs offense.

Really, the Chefs are quite beatable and the only wins that they have dominated in were against the Giants and Iggles from the abysmal NFC Least, and the hapless Raiders.

It will be a close one, but as long as we don't do anything **** face ******ed I think we can pull out a close win.

Comment

• Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

To review, the teams the Chiefs have beat are as follows:

The Jags (I think most of the top five teams in the BCS poll could at least hold their own against them, and Bama could probably beat them).
                            The Cowboys (they might win the NFC LEast only because someone has to).
                            The Iggles (another fine selection from the worst division in football)
                            The Giants (They are battling with Tampa and Jacksonville for that coveted first pick in the 2014 draft)
                            The Titans (They were a fine football team, then Locker got hurt against the Jets and Ryanne Fitzpatrick was in for them at QB. While it was funny that the Titans lost because of a questionable ref call, I have to remind you that it took a very questionable call to give the Chiefs a score on that drive. Also, I think Fitzy shot them in the foot in the last couple minutes)
                            The Raiders (yes, in the perennial battle of the basement, the Chiefs forced the Raiders down to the cellar)
                            The Texans (whoop de doo, they beat --barely -- a team that has dropped five straight and has a third stringer in at QB in front of those obnoxious fans of theirs).
                            The Browns (Another ****ty team that we nearly beat with a guy who is arguable the worst qb we've put behind center since Billy Joe)

Overall record of the Chiefs opponents:

14-33, which leads to a winning percentage of .298

As such, I am not entirely convinced the Chiefs are as good as they are being given credit for. Their success reminds me of that incredible run we had back in 2004 when we played one of the easiest six game stretches imaginable. The Chiefs are beatable, and while they might look very good (I could see them finishing 13-3 or 14-2) they only play two teams that are any good, namely Denver and San Diego. Bottom line is that they are not getting beyond the division round of the playoffs. Brady and Bellicheck could beat them, so could Manning and the Broncos, so could Rivers and the Bolts. As for us, we have a better chance than you think. Our losses have come against the Pats, still one of the premier teams in the league, the Jets who unfortunately are still a cut above, the Browns, and the Bengals. I think we can dance with the Chiefs and asking for a win is not out of the question.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                            I can see this happening. KC is not a 7-0 team. They're decent, don't get me wrong, but they've had the ball bounce their way a few times this year.
                            and they've needed bounces of the ball to go their way to beat some absolutely awful teams.

Comment

• Gibby
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                              Really excited for this game. My mom won tickets, she's been wanting to go to a game for a few years now and she'll finally have the chance. I think we've got a legit shot, KC has struggled against us of late.
                              And now for the jinx:

The Chiefs haven't won in Buffalo since 1986. If this game was in Arrowhead, I'd expect a nasty game for us. However, I think we have a legit shot of winning at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X