PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy This: Belichick Press Conference

The King
10-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Enjoy the awkwardness of Bill Belichick's Post Game Conference. What dick this guy is, completely shuts down on media.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Belichick-1020-We-made-too-many-mistakes/a9a0642e-1879-4f9e-93c5-116fb146274b

sukie
10-21-2013, 11:00 AM
reports asking questions of him get those snide 1 word answers. It's like asking a 5 year old questions. Uh, no. Yes. No. No it didn't. No I don't know.

Bill Cody
10-21-2013, 11:02 AM
what does it mean to "push on the 2nd level"?

Thurmal
10-21-2013, 11:03 AM
For NE to have the gall to complain about officiating is unreal. Sorry fellas, for the first time in over a decade, the refs didn't give you the benefit of the doubt.

Meathead
10-21-2013, 11:06 AM
sometimes worldly success is extremely unfair

we are all gods chillins but this one is an ass hole, cheating, painfully mediocre hc who will go down in most ppls minds as some kind of great genius of the nfl bc he fell into a bucket of ѕhit that just happened to be tom bradys ass crack

pmoon6
10-21-2013, 11:22 AM

we are all gods chillins but this one is an ass hole, cheating, painfully mediocre hc who will go down in most ppls minds as some kind of great genius of the nfl bc he fell into a bucket of ѕhit that just happened to be tom bradys ass crackI'm the antithesis of a Belichick or New England fan, but I have to disagree that he is a mediocre football coach. He is a student of the game and probably understands every defense run in the modern era. For that, he deserves respect. Just taking into account that he designed the game plan to stop two of the greatest offenses in NFL history (The K-Gun and the Greatest Show on turf) and was successful on football's premier stage is enough to give him his due.

I think the cheating thing is overblown. Teams and coaches for years have spied on opponents practices. George Allen, when he was HC of the Redskins even used a counter-intelligence staff to prevent other teams from seeing their practices. Today is somewhat different. Jimmy Johnson saw a Bills' piece on ESPN before the second Super Bowl game where he saw us practicing the shovel pass and then prepared his defense to counter it. Knowing what plays the teams are going to use is an advantage, but you still have to execute. You can get the keys to the opponents plays just by watching game film.

Also to quote a wise sage "If ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't competin' ".

coastal
10-21-2013, 11:27 AM

we are all gods chillins but this one is an ass hole, cheating, painfully mediocre hc who will go down in most ppls minds as some kind of great genius of the nfl bc he fell into a bucket of ѕhit that just happened to be tom bradys ass crack
Couldn't agree more... I'd like to add my flavor...

butt ****ing cheater.

Meathead
10-21-2013, 11:32 AM
yeah truly great dc. fine. so is wade but he aint going down as nfl hc god. belicheats lifetime non-brady record is about .500. total coincidence it all changes in games marcia plays for him

like ive always said about the filming of signals changes everything compared to visual inspection and charting. you give me that recorded data together with data ive already collected per team and i will hire a team of geek cryptanalysts with state of the art software who by halftime of each game will give me an at least 50% and as much as 100% reliable signal decoders. huge advantage

why the hell else do you risk that practice in the first place. they obviously got something out of it. personally i believe it could easily have been the difference in their sb wins. and its amazing to me more ppl dont see it that way

pmoon6
10-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Couldn't agree more... I'd like to add my flavor...

butt ****ing cheater.I suppose you could say that about the entire NFL since 60% or more of the players use or have used performance enhancers.

Not that I have a problem with it.

Bill Cody
10-21-2013, 11:38 AM

anyone?

RedEyE
10-21-2013, 11:44 AM
He looks terrrible!

And I'm left wondering if he has a social anxiety disorder.

pmoon6
10-21-2013, 11:50 AM
yeah truly great dc. fine. so is wade but he aint going down as nfl hc god. belicheats lifetime non-brady record is about .500. total coincidence it all changes in games marcia plays for him

like ive always said about the filming of signals changes everything compared to visual inspection and charting. you give me that recorded data together with data ive already collected per team and i will hire a team of geek cryptanalysts with state of the art software who by halftime of each game will give me an at least 50% and as much as 100% reliable signal decoders. huge advantage

why the hell else do you risk that practice in the first place. they obviously got something out of it. personally i believe it could easily have been the difference in their sb wins. and its amazing to me more ppl dont see it that wayI understand what you're saying Meat, but to single out Belichick for doing what almost every other team does and has tried too do historically is kind of picking and choosing who gets criticized. I don't know if filming was ever involved, but spies have been a factor ever since Paul Brown coached in Cleveland.

I would also not use Belichick's tenure with the Browns as a negative. BB, Ozzie Newsome and Mike Lombardi thought up the template of the organization that became the Baltimore Ravens, including draft strategy. Odd situation since the franchise moved when the group was starting to make head way and the team was affected because the players knew drastic changes would certainly result from that move. The '95 Browns were like a lame duck politician.

Goobylal
10-21-2013, 11:53 AM
I suppose you could say that about the entire NFL since 60% or more of the players use or have used performance enhancers.

Not that I have a problem with it.
Why? If I give you PEDs, it won't make you Barry Bonds. Like you say with illegal cheating/videotaping, the player(s) still has(have) to go out and execute. And can you say for certain which play PEDs helped a player gain an advantage?

Cheating is cheating. They do it for a reason.

pmoon6
10-21-2013, 11:54 AM
anyone?I think it means the player doing the pushing would get a running start from the linebacker or safety position. The guy that came in behind the rusher and pushed was lined up next to him and came behind and aided him.

DraftBoy
10-21-2013, 11:56 AM

Basically to get behind a guy and push him forward. You'll notice on the play that Jones lines up on the line (or 1st level) and then looks like he's going to stunt but instead gets behind his teammate and starts pushing. That per all the refs on Twitter is a violation and was correctly called.

It was also the first time that penalty has ever been called.

trapezeus
10-21-2013, 11:57 AM
apparently, it is a line in the rule book that it's illegal for the second level to push a player in a FG. So a guy lining up a yard to two back, can't take a running start to push his player. BB is saying he didn't think it applied to a guy who lined up level to the line and pushed a guy.

but to the sentiment bashing BB, the guy is a world class dick. of all the great coaches, they all had periods of being bad. And i think it's so telling how badly they still are cheating with the total decimation of their team and they are still in games. the length of this run should make people very skeptical.

and the guy's whole career is based on the tuck rule. a bs rule that got them to their first championship.

and lastly, perhaps this is the NFL's way to ask for the patriot payment to be increased and paid on time next time.

wankers.

pmoon6
10-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Why? If I give you PEDs, it won't make you Barry Bonds. Like you say with illegal cheating/videotaping, the player(s) still has(have) to go out and execute. And can you say for certain which play PEDs helped a player gain an advantage?

Cheating is cheating. They do it for a reason.No ****. PEDs just give an already talented player an edge, but they still have to put in the training work.

I can say for certain that using gives a player an advantage. I have personal experience and even if I didn't, why do you think the NFL has banned those substances?

pmoon6
10-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Basically to get behind a guy and push him forward. You'll notice on the play that Jones lines up on the line (or 1st level) and then looks like he's going to stunt but instead gets behind his teammate and starts pushing. That per all the refs on Twitter is a violation and was correctly called.

It was also the first time that penalty has ever been called.It's ironic that BB is commenting on this because he was the beneficiary of an obscure rule that never got called until that game. I have never seen the "Tuck Rule" called until then.

pmoon6
10-21-2013, 12:08 PM
There was some stuff like this that went on in the '60's that was similar. The Cowboys used to have Mel Renfro run from 10 yards back while Jethro Pugh stayed in a four point stance and Renfro used his back to vault and tried to block a kick. I think it was legal until the rules were changed because of those plays.

Bill Cody
10-21-2013, 01:58 PM

It was also the first time that penalty has ever been called.

So is BB just completely wrong about the rules? Because he doesn't seem to be denying the player pushed just that he wasn't on the "2nd level". Apaarently it doesn't matter what "level" you're coming from there's no pushing period because I haven't heard anyone say it was the wrong call.

Meathead
10-21-2013, 02:45 PM
There was some stuff like this that went on in the '60's that was similar. The Cowboys used to have Mel Renfro run from 10 yards back while Jethro Pugh stayed in a four point stance and Renfro used his back to vault and tried to block a kick. I think it was legal until the rules were changed because of those plays.

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dartlife/archives/18-2/images/history.jpg

Meathead
10-21-2013, 02:47 PM
teams also used to make a pyramid of players to try to block kicks. i just looked for a pic or even better a vid but couldnt find one. i can barely remember them in black and white. kinda surprised i didnt find a single reference tho

better days
10-21-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm the antithesis of a Belichick or New England fan, but I have to disagree that he is a mediocre football coach. He is a student of the game and probably understands every defense run in the modern era. For that, he deserves respect. Just taking into account that he designed the game plan to stop two of the greatest offenses in NFL history (The K-Gun and the Greatest Show on turf) and was successful on football's premier stage is enough to give him his due.

I think the cheating thing is overblown. Teams and coaches for years have spied on opponents practices. George Allen, when he was HC of the Redskins even used a counter-intelligence staff to prevent other teams from seeing their practices. Today is somewhat different. Jimmy Johnson saw a Bills' piece on ESPN before the second Super Bowl game where he saw us practicing the shovel pass and then prepared his defense to counter it. Knowing what plays the teams are going to use is an advantage, but you still have to execute. You can get the keys to the opponents plays just by watching game film.

Also to quote a wise sage "If ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't competin' ".

Well, you can't get the other teams SIGNALS just by watching film. Knowing the other teams signals lets you know exactly what defense they are going to be in. That takes some seriously good CHEATING.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-21-2013, 02:50 PM
f*** bill belichick. I used to work with his god daughter (who's hot as f***) If i weren't married, i'd totally stick it to her just to somehow get back at him for ruining the last 20 plus years of bills football

Goobylal
10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
No ****. PEDs just give an already talented player an edge, but they still have to put in the training work.

I can say for certain that using gives a player an advantage. I have personal experience and even if I didn't, why do you think the NFL has banned those substances?
For the same reason that they, say, make videotaping illegal?

MidnightVoice
10-21-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.nflevolution.com/article/dean-blandino:-line-overload-call-on-jets%27-field-goal-try-was-correct?ref=0ap2000000266541

According to the rule change passed in March:

"(a) When Team A presents a punt, field-goal attempt or a Try Kick formation, a Team B player, who is within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage. must have his entire body outside the snapper's shoulder pads at the snap. (b) When Team A presents a field-goal or Try Kick formation: (1) No more than six Team B players may be on the line of scrimmage on either side of the snapper at the snap; Penalty: For illegal formation by the defense, loss of 5 yards from the previous spot. (2) Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation. Penalty: For unnecessary roughness, loss of 15 yards from the previous spot."

Jeff1220
10-21-2013, 04:06 PM
BB is pissed because he thought he had found a loophole in the ST push rule, but he was mistaken and got caught in it. Simple as that.

Bill Cody
10-21-2013, 04:30 PM
http://www.nflevolution.com/article/dean-blandino:-line-overload-call-on-jets%27-field-goal-try-was-correct?ref=0ap2000000266541

"(a) When Team A presents a punt, field-goal attempt or a Try Kick formation, a Team B player, who is within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage. must have his entire body outside the snapper's shoulder pads at the snap. (b) When Team A presents a field-goal or Try Kick formation: (1) No more than six Team B players may be on the line of scrimmage on either side of the snapper at the snap; Penalty: For illegal formation by the defense, loss of 5 yards from the previous spot. (2) Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation. Penalty: For unnecessary roughness, loss of 15 yards from the previous spot."

This is about as clear as mud. WTF are "Team B players"?

DynaPaul
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
I think the cheating thing is overblown.

Thought wrong... didn't ya?

DynaPaul
10-21-2013, 05:33 PM

why the hell else do you risk that practice in the first place. they obviously got something out of it. personally i believe it could easily have been the difference in their sb wins. and its amazing to me more ppl dont see it that way

100% on point and for the record, most people are stupid.

imbondz
10-21-2013, 05:41 PM
f*** bill belichick. I used to work with his god daughter (who's hot as f***) If i weren't married, i'd totally stick it to her just to somehow get back at him for ruining the last 20 plus years of bills football

Don't give them that much credit. The last 13 years

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Don't give them that much credit. The last 13 years

SB XXV..

imbondz
10-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Rex Ryan aware of Patriots' illegal FG tactic in advance

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/10/21/new-york-jets-rex-ryan-illegal-push-information-new-england-patriots/3147007/

stuckincincy
10-22-2013, 05:34 AM

Sounds like they are trying to save the long snapper the trouble of a broken neck...

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2013, 06:34 AM
I despise Rex Ryan, but his comments after the game were awesome.

Bellicheat is such a dick bag.

better days
10-22-2013, 07:34 AM
This is about as clear as mud. WTF are "Team B players"?

The team on defense.

better days
10-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Thought wrong... didn't ya?

Belichick was warned about the CHEATING yet continued to do it.

He must have felt the rewards of cheating outweighed the risk of getting caught.

DynaPaul
10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Belichick was warned about the CHEATING yet continued to do it.

He must have felt the rewards of cheating outweighed the risk of getting caught.

Exactly, and then Kraft tried to downplay it by saying Belichick told him it didn't help much. Bullshizzle! It totally helped and they haven't been the same since though they are still winning with other illegal techniques like the speaker in the headset, more game film, and Ernie Adams dissecting everything even though their level of talent is probably less than ours at other positions besides QB. I'm still puzzled why they were only fined and lost a draft pick while the Saints suffered one year suspensions of two coaches.

pmoon6
10-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Thought wrong... didn't ya?Not really. To take the videotaping incident and use it to negate all of Belichick's accomplishments is narrow minded and obtuse.

DynaPaul
10-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Not really. To take the videotaping incident and use it to negate all of Belichick's accomplishments is narrow minded and obtuse.

Well then call me narrow minded and obtuse! LOL. The rabbit hole goes a lot deeper than just a "videotaping incident."

better days
10-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Not really. To take the videotaping incident and use it to negate all of Belichick's accomplishments is narrow minded and obtuse.

Tell us about all his accomplishments AFTER he was caught CHEATING.

pmoon6
10-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Tell us about all his accomplishments AFTER he was caught CHEATING.Did Bill Parcells cheat when Belichick was with the Giants and they won two Super Bowls?

better days
10-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Did Bill Parcells cheat when Belichick was with the Giants and they won two Super Bowls?

Who KNOWS?

justasportsfan
10-23-2013, 02:07 PM
I despise Rex Ryan, but his comments after the game were awesome.

Bellicheat is such a dick bag.http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bill-belichick-says-jets-cheated-too-used-same-142517927--nfl.html?vp=1

DynaPaul
10-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Did Bill Parcells cheat when Belichick was with the Giants and they won two Super Bowls?

It goes too far back for us to know but I know that Ernie Adams and him had not yet perfected their system at that time. Adams spent some time there as an assistant but left for some Wall Street job.

pmoon6
10-24-2013, 08:03 AM
It goes too far back for us to know but I know that Ernie Adams and him had not yet perfected their system at that time. Adams spent some time there as an assistant but left for some Wall Street job.Maybe we can add that to the lexicon of excuses for not winning SB XXV.

better days
10-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Maybe we can add that to the lexicon of excuses for not winning SB XXV.

Well, the Giants were faking injuries in that game to slow it down. I guess that is cheating.

pmoon6
10-24-2013, 08:21 AM
It goes too far back for us to know but I know that Ernie Adams and him had not yet perfected their system at that time. Adams spent some time there as an assistant but left for some Wall Street job.Well, cheating or getting an edge has always been part of the NFL. Just a few examples.

Tell me about the revered and glorified Don Shula getting every call imaginable in the '70's including the perfect year. The Bills' had them beat until a phantom PI call in the endzone gave them the ball at the one with time running out. I guess being on the Competition Committee was a great thing for Shula.

Tell me how the Pittsburgh Steelers, the most penalized team in the league that year, did not have one penalty called on them in Super Bowl XX even when Jack Lambert body slammed Cliff Harris after Gerela missed a FG. Certainly a personal foul.

Tell me how an official gives the NE Patriots a first down on a fourth down play when it was obvious that the receiver was two yards short? "Just give it to 'em".

The current blocking of HgH testing from the players union also speaks volumes.

Cheating is fine with the NFL and the union as long as it doesn't generate negative publicity.

pmoon6
10-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Well, the Giants were faking injuries in that game to slow it down. I guess that is cheating.BTW, you are one of my favorite posters, just sayin'.

Sure, and Brian Urlacher spilled the beans that Chicago had designated players to do exactly that.

If ya ask me, the Saint's got boned with the suspensions for bounties. Buddy Ryan always gave incentives to injure players and I'm sure the less classy coaches did as well. I love David "Deacon" Jones and his stated mantra was "My job is to take the Quarterback OUT!!!!!!!. Not in today's game though, you say that and you have a official following your every move. If Deacon were playing today, I would have to tell him to pick up the QB gently and set him down so he doesn't get a bruise. I can just see the look in his eyes if that were to happen.

One of my criticisms of Marv Levy was when another team, like the Stealers, Redskins, or Broncos started giving us cheap shots, Marv wouldn't retaliate. True class in a less than classy league.

At the end of the day, rules are constantly changed so coaches try to walk a fine line between what's legal and what's not. It's been going on for decades. Players and coaches will always look for an edge because regardless of public and media perception, teams are not as far apart as they would have you believe.

JohnnyGold
10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary/dp/0985467002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382647169&sr=8-1&keywords=spygate

Read that.

For any fan of the Bills to think that what the Patriots did didn't give them an advantage is sickening.

I mean... if you take this game seriously enough to post on a message board about the Bills in your spare time... you clearly love the game more than just a casual observer.

Facts are facts: they cheated, they got busted, it affected their games, it taints their wins, and any bills "fan" that says anything other than Beli should be banned from the NFL for life isn't truly a fan. I can't say it any other way.

Do you p*ssies wear Titans jerseys too out of respect for the ingenuity of their special teams unit?

I hate Bills fans so much. Ashamed to be one some times. Man up and hate the Patriots like a real fan. It's ok.

DynaPaul
10-24-2013, 05:30 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary/dp/0985467002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382647169&sr=8-1&keywords=spygate

Read that.

For any fan of the Bills to think that what the Patriots did didn't give them an advantage is sickening.

I mean... if you take this game seriously enough to post on a message board about the Bills in your spare time... you clearly love the game more than just a casual observer.

Facts are facts: they cheated, they got busted, it affected their games, it taints their wins, and any bills "fan" that says anything other than Beli should be banned from the NFL for life isn't truly a fan. I can't say it any other way.

Do you p*ssies wear Titans jerseys too out of respect for the ingenuity of their special teams unit?

I hate Bills fans so much. Ashamed to be one some times. Man up and hate the Patriots like a real fan. It's ok.

Right on Johnny, tell 'em like it is! That book lays out the whole gameplan and anyone who thinks it's conspiracy talk should check their own self for the tinfoil hat. Pmoon6, you bring up an excellent point about the cheating and favoritism throughout the years. Unfortunately our team has never been the recipient of this sort of bias and even if we were I don't think it's right. Let the game be played by men, not officials although none of this surprises me since virtually all of the original owners had gambling ties in one form or another.

Tiburon1724
10-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Watching this video made me extremely uncomfortable. He seriously was insanely close to a complete breakdown. The guy was so close to crying, so close to walking out of there saying "eff this" it's great. One loss affects him like 10 losses does someone else. I see him retiring soon.