• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Enjoy This: Belichick Press Conference

Enjoy the awkwardness of Bill Belichick's Post Game Conference. What dick this guy is, completely shuts down on media.

Last edited by The King; 10-21-2013, 10:56 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Enjoy This: Belichick Press Conference

reports asking questions of him get those snide 1 word answers. It's like asking a 5 year old questions. Uh, no. Yes. No. No it didn't. No I don't know.

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

what does it mean to "push on the 2nd level"?

Comment

• Thurmal
        • Oct 2005

For NE to have the gall to complain about officiating is unreal. Sorry fellas, for the first time in over a decade, the refs didn't give you the benefit of the doubt.
        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

sometimes worldly success is extremely unfair

we are all gods chillins but this one is an ass hole, cheating, painfully mediocre hc who will go down in most ppls minds as some kind of great genius of the nfl bc he fell into a bucket of ѕhit that just happened to be tom bradys ass crack
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• pmoon6
            Legendary Zoner
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post

we are all gods chillins but this one is an ass hole, cheating, painfully mediocre hc who will go down in most ppls minds as some kind of great genius of the nfl bc he fell into a bucket of ѕhit that just happened to be tom bradys ass crack
            I'm the antithesis of a Belichick or New England fan, but I have to disagree that he is a mediocre football coach. He is a student of the game and probably understands every defense run in the modern era. For that, he deserves respect. Just taking into account that he designed the game plan to stop two of the greatest offenses in NFL history (The K-Gun and the Greatest Show on turf) and was successful on football's premier stage is enough to give him his due.

I think the cheating thing is overblown. Teams and coaches for years have spied on opponents practices. George Allen, when he was HC of the Redskins even used a counter-intelligence staff to prevent other teams from seeing their practices. Today is somewhat different. Jimmy Johnson saw a Bills' piece on ESPN before the second Super Bowl game where he saw us practicing the shovel pass and then prepared his defense to counter it. Knowing what plays the teams are going to use is an advantage, but you still have to execute. You can get the keys to the opponents plays just by watching game film.

Also to quote a wise sage "If ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't competin' ".

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Couldn't agree more... I'd like to add my flavor...

butt ****ing cheater.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

yeah truly great dc. fine. so is wade but he aint going down as nfl hc god. belicheats lifetime non-brady record is about .500. total coincidence it all changes in games marcia plays for him

like ive always said about the filming of signals changes everything compared to visual inspection and charting. you give me that recorded data together with data ive already collected per team and i will hire a team of geek cryptanalysts with state of the art software who by halftime of each game will give me an at least 50% and as much as 100% reliable signal decoders. huge advantage

why the hell else do you risk that practice in the first place. they obviously got something out of it. personally i believe it could easily have been the difference in their sb wins. and its amazing to me more ppl dont see it that way
                Last edited by Meathead; 10-21-2013, 11:34 AM.
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                  Couldn't agree more... I'd like to add my flavor...

butt ****ing cheater.
                  I suppose you could say that about the entire NFL since 60% or more of the players use or have used performance enhancers.

Not that I have a problem with it.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
                    anyone?

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

He looks terrrible!

And I'm left wondering if he has a social anxiety disorder.

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

yeah truly great dc. fine. so is wade but he aint going down as nfl hc god. belicheats lifetime non-brady record is about .500. total coincidence it all changes in games marcia plays for him

like ive always said about the filming of signals changes everything compared to visual inspection and charting. you give me that recorded data together with data ive already collected per team and i will hire a team of geek cryptanalysts with state of the art software who by halftime of each game will give me an at least 50% and as much as 100% reliable signal decoders. huge advantage

why the hell else do you risk that practice in the first place. they obviously got something out of it. personally i believe it could easily have been the difference in their sb wins. and its amazing to me more ppl dont see it that way
                        I understand what you're saying Meat, but to single out Belichick for doing what almost every other team does and has tried too do historically is kind of picking and choosing who gets criticized. I don't know if filming was ever involved, but spies have been a factor ever since Paul Brown coached in Cleveland.

I would also not use Belichick's tenure with the Browns as a negative. BB, Ozzie Newsome and Mike Lombardi thought up the template of the organization that became the Baltimore Ravens, including draft strategy. Odd situation since the franchise moved when the group was starting to make head way and the team was affected because the players knew drastic changes would certainly result from that move. The '95 Browns were like a lame duck politician.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                          I suppose you could say that about the entire NFL since 60% or more of the players use or have used performance enhancers.

Not that I have a problem with it.
                          Why? If I give you PEDs, it won't make you Barry Bonds. Like you say with illegal cheating/videotaping, the player(s) still has(have) to go out and execute. And can you say for certain which play PEDs helped a player gain an advantage?

Cheating is cheating. They do it for a reason.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

anyone?
                            I think it means the player doing the pushing would get a running start from the linebacker or safety position. The guy that came in behind the rusher and pushed was lined up next to him and came behind and aided him.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Basically to get behind a guy and push him forward. You'll notice on the play that Jones lines up on the line (or 1st level) and then looks like he's going to stunt but instead gets behind his teammate and starts pushing. That per all the refs on Twitter is a violation and was correctly called.

It was also the first time that penalty has ever been called.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X