PDA

View Full Version : Tashaun Gipson - Dirty Player?

User Manuel
10-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Two Weeks - Two bad injuries on his hits.. EJ last week and the hit to the head of Jermichael Finley. Starting to wonder if the NFL is selective in its enforcement, especially since the Browns were bragging about trying to get EJ....

PTI
10-21-2013, 02:28 PM
That was a 100% without a doubt cheap hit on Manuel by that guy.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Neither of Gipson's hits were dirty.

The hit on Manuel was just a small guy cutting the legs down of a bigger guy. Happens all the time in the NFL. Unfortunate result.

The hit on Finley was flagged but it was a case of both guys lowering their heads and connecting. Hopefully Finley can play again after it as I've heard he has full movement and the tests they've done have come back negative.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2013/1021/dm_131021_nfl_finley_in_icu/dm_131021_nfl_finley_in_icu.jpg

Skooby
10-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Neither of Gipson's hits were dirty.

The hit on Manuel was just a small guy cutting the legs down of a bigger guy. Happens all the time in the NFL. Unfortunate result.

The hit on Finley was flagged but it was a case of both guys lowering their heads and connecting. Hopefully Finley can play again after it as I've heard he has full movement and the tests they've done have come back negative.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2013/1021/dm_131021_nfl_finley_in_icu/dm_131021_nfl_finley_in_icu.jpg

If JF's 5 year old has any say in it, Daddy will stay home.

Meathead
10-21-2013, 03:06 PM
yeah i dont think the hit on ej was dirty at all. ej is the one who turned up field and started running down the sideline, hes fair game at that point. dumbass shoulda just ran oob and protect his status for the team

Mr. Pink
10-21-2013, 03:14 PM
If JF's 5 year old has any say in it, Daddy will stay home.

I remember hearing the 5 year old didn't want daddy going back to work after the last concussion.

It wouldn't surprise me if Finley hung it up. I was glad to hear that he had all the feeling in his extremities and the tests so far have all come back negative.

mikemac2001
10-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I didnt think his hit was dirty vs ej but his actions after were dirty

Buddo
10-21-2013, 07:28 PM
I've not seen what happened to Findley, but I do know full well what happened to EJ.
Imho, while the hit was undoubtedly legal, it was also unnecessarily targeting EJ's knees, and consequently dirty.
Knee injuries are becoming all to frequent in the NFL, and need to be the next thing seriously looked at, to try and reduce them.
In many circumstances, I have a deal of sympathy with the defenders, as they really do need to aim low, to try and avoid the head area as much as possible, however, you also see plenty of instances like the one that caused EJ's injury, where it simply wasn't necessary.
While we will never know for sure, I think it would have been a safe bet, that even if EJ had headed to the sideline, that hit was still coming.