• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Redskins trying to trade Fred Davis

Davis passed on Buffalo to stay with Washington during the offseason. He's only under contract through this year.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• clumping platelets

Re: Redskins trying to trade Fred Davis

They can have Justin Rogers and a 7th

Comment

• GvilleBills
      • Mar 2006

No thanks. Wouldn't want to give up a pick for a guy who already chose not to be here once.

I'd like to see more of Gragg. His upside is younger/faster Fred Davis. I don't think he sees the field this year unless injury or we're out of it. Hoping he can make a nice jump in the off season, come to camp ready to take Lee Smith's job.
      Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

No thanks. He chose to sign there instead of here. I wouldn't give up crap for him. He's no better than Chandler.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

He must feel like an idiot now.

He'd be the number 1 TE here or on a few other teams but instead he chose to stay in Washington and is now buried behind Jordan Reed who is an absolute beast.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

I dont necessarily want him but I think he's well worth a late round pick - hes a very athletic guy, but not much of a blocker. Would be a nice addition to the passing game, and a guy the D definitely would have to account for.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

His deal was 2.5m with 1.5m being the bonus. That puts him on a a deal with about 600k remaining.

He's 27 but you get nothing guaranteed except 9 games... risky.
              Last edited by The King; 10-21-2013, 03:54 PM.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
                I dont necessarily want him but I think he's well worth a late round pick - hes a very athletic guy, but not much of a blocker. Would be a nice addition to the passing game, and a guy the D definitely would have to account for.
                Well would Washington accept a 7th for him? Even if they would, I agree with Forward Lateral, I don't want a player that chose not to be in Buffalo.

Comment

• JCBills
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GvilleBills View Post
                  No thanks. Wouldn't want to give up a pick for a guy who already chose not to be here once.

I'd like to see more of Gragg. His upside is younger/faster Fred Davis. I don't think he sees the field this year unless injury or we're out of it. Hoping he can make a nice jump in the off season, come to camp ready to take Lee Smith's job.
                  Smith hasn't offered much as a receiving threat, but he excels as a blocker.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Bills also offered about 1million less that WAS according to reports.
                    It was all

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Bills also offered about 1million less that WAS according to reports.
                      Did the Bills only offer a one year deal? And reports must have come from Smith because the Bills never let this kind of stuff get out on their end.

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        Did the Bills only offer a one year deal? And reports must have come from Smith because the Bills never let this kind of stuff get out on their end.
                        Bills offered two years and it was still less than what WAS had on the table.
                        It was all

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

As much as I dislike our TE situation, I think I'd pass.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mjt328
                            • May 2011

I don't think it's fair to say Fred Davis "didn't want" to be in Buffalo.

He tested the free agent waters (after an injury) and didn't get as much interest as he was hoping. He decided to take the 1 year deal to stick with the Redskins - for more money than we offered - and see if he could earn a bigger paycheck in the offseason. It backfired after Washington drafted a better TE in the draft.
                            2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                            Posted During the 2013 Draft
                            1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                            2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                            2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                            3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                            4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                            5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                            6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                            7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                            1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                            2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                            2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                            3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                            4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                            5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                            6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                            7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              Well would Washington accept a 7th for him? Even if they would, I agree with Forward Lateral, I don't want a player that chose not to be in Buffalo.
                              I agree.

Any person who chose not to be in Buffalo should be shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X