Why Do Bills Fans Love Average and Hate Greatness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Why Do Bills Fans Love Average and Hate Greatness?

I'm going to rip the negative aspects of Bills fans in general, so please be warned.

The Bills win and most fans are lost for words. When the Bills win the phones go silent on local sports talk radio. When they lose, the phones go crazy.

Buffalo loves to focus on the negative, and hates the positive.

Too many Bills fans don't know what to do besides criticize and nitpick, even after a win.

Winning is not average. It is not what we are used to. It's as if people wanted the Bills to lose just because they don't know anything else to identify with besides average crap, or below average at best.

Buffalo loves average. Bingo, bowling and the Bills losing. Anytime anything above average rises to the top, people smack it down in Buffalo.

Subway is popular in Buffalo because it sucks, bad. It's below average at best in terms of quality, but 3 separate locations are within 1 mile of where I live and they're very successful because Buffalonians love average and hate anything that exceeds it.

Buffalo loves crap. They love average at best and anything above average is met with a union like disgust. How dare the Bills win that game?

What are they trying to do, be great? How dare them!

How dare a single player try to be great and stand out above the rest in our wonderful collective of a city?

What are the Bills trying to do? Be better than average?

For Christ's sake, that's not allowed in this town!

Go get a footlong and shove it up your collective arses, Bills fans.

Average SUCKS, tastes like dog poop, and I'm sick of it, not used to it, and desire something better from my team and city.

What's wrong with that?
  • Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Re: Why Do Bills Fans Love Average and Hate Greatness?

Not one person here loves being the average Bills. People are just tired of losing, granted we have had some bad injuries this year we have been in every game. But 13 years without playoffs with turn any fan-base looney. I think we are on the right track but it's gonna take time. As to everything else you said, wtf?
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

Subway is popular everywhere, not just Buffalo. Heck, there are several here in Managua, Nicaragua even. As for the rant, I'm not sure what triggered it, but I'm pretty sure we'd all love to see some greatness for the Bills, and for Buffalo.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

It's because failure defines us. We love to roll around and wallow in it like a dog rolls in something smelly. If a Buffalo sports team ever won a championship we wouldn't know what to do. We would have nothing to complain or whine about. We'd have nothing to feel victimized over.
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

It was great to win but with a record of 3-4 we're still just average. You're acting like we're 5-2 and leading the division and everyone is pissed. I'm optimistic it might turn around next year though. I do agree that Subway sucks.
          Last edited by BillsFever21; 10-21-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

What the hell are you talking about? The team won to go 3-4, how is that wanting to be great? Are we supposed to be excited because we're probably headed to another below mediocre season? Great, we won the game. I'm sure we all celebrated and had a good time on Sunday... are we supposed to be holding a week long party or something? What the hell do you expect?

Even your stupid subway analogy is off considering it's popular everywhere. I live in Texas and there's at least 4 locations within a 5-10 minute drive of me I can think of, it's not some phenomenon that's limited to WNY.

When the Bills started 5-1 or whatever under Trent, there was plenty of buzz. There was plenty of buzz when the Sabres were Eastern Conference favorites. The problem isn't with Bills' fans outlooks, it's the fact that our teams being average would be an IMPROVEMENT.

Being content with a win that puts you at 3-4 is the best example of average I can think of- and that's what you want to celebrate.
            Last edited by Crisis; 10-21-2013, 10:11 PM.
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot View Post
              It's because failure defines us. We love to roll around and wallow in it like a dog rolls in something smelly. If a Buffalo sports team ever won a championship we wouldn't know what to do. We would have nothing to complain or whine about. We'd have nothing to feel victimized over.
              You wouldn't know that from fans of teams that HAVE won titles. Listen to Giants fans complain about Eli Manning when he hoisted a Super Bowl trophy like 18 months ago.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

You have it wrong. The people in Western New York hate average. Winning a game is just not good enough. 4 straight Superbowls and no championships is not good enough. If you told Western New York they could have an average team with a playoff berth once every 15 years and no post seasons wins they would stop showing up and force the team out of town. Western New Yorkers are passionate and loyal...they are not stupid.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Just another great thread started by BillsImpossible. Only people who ACCEPT AVERAGE would be thrilled to win a game that took us to 3-4 and last place in the division by 1/2 game.

I'm optimistic that the team can improve but to act like this is some amazing feat shows accepting mediocrity. We've been in every game but our 3 wins are by a total of 6 points.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

Bowling is average?
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                      • Aug 2013

I'm a Bills fan and I'll just come out and say I absolutely in no way enjoy being average, and gain no satisfaction from constantly being correct about the team's inability to put together a group of players and coaches capable of winning a superbowl.

You have to understand, people who complain are always going to seem like they number far more than they really do. They are the loudest voice and therefore the most prominent.

Most of us are just normal people without an obnoxious axe to grind. We want to see the team succeed, but are not willing to tolerate ineptitude anymore. When we win games, we sit there holding our breaths because we've seen this movie before 5-6 times in the last 12 years and we know how it ends. It's not that we don't enjoy it, it's that our nervousness about the future makes the wins difficult to fully enjoy sometimes.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Why do some people love creating stupid threads?

Comment

• GvilleBills
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          Why do some people love creating stupid threads?
                          My biggest take away from this thread is people in Buffalo going to Subway. Being transplanted in Gainesville, I don't eat the **** from Subway because I know what a good sandwich tastes like.
                          I can't fathom passing all the great grub joints back home to go to Subway. Sitting on a gold mine of great food, but stuck on stupid.
                          This thread is ****, by the way. Subway-esq
                          Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by GvilleBills View Post
                            My biggest take away from this thread is people in Buffalo going to Subway. Being transplanted in Gainesville, I don't eat the **** from Subway because I know what a good sandwich tastes like.
                            I can't fathom passing all the great grub joints back home to go to Subway. Sitting on a gold mine of great food, but stuck on stupid.
                            This thread is ****, by the way. Subway-esq
                            So basically you got nothing out of this thread like everyone else, because the Subway reference is idiotic, people everywhere eat Subway, thats why its one of the biggest chains in the entire US and the world.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                              Buffalo loves crap
                              If this were true your thread would be popular

Comment

Working...
                              X