PDA

View Full Version : Does Marrone yepping at the officials all game too?

ghz in pittsburgh
10-22-2013, 05:51 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/10/21/new-york-jets-rex-ryan-illegal-push-information-new-england-patriots/3147007/

It's big story that the Jets coaches alerted the officials that the Pats did illegal stuff on the last field goal before it happened. One reason they say the coaches constantly talking to officials any chance they get is to warn them what they tend to do: illegal formation, some guy always holding etc.

Of course your coach has to study enough film to pick on this. I wonder if the Bills coach like Crossman picked up on what the Pats do on defending field goals.

better days
10-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Watching the games on TV, I have seen Marrone talking to officials many times. The Bills played the Pats* in the first game of the season however.

Ingtar33
10-22-2013, 11:02 AM
you mean he alerted the officials that the pats did something completely legal according to the rules as written prior to last weekend, and got a flag thrown on it?

You do know the rule as stated in the league video, and league rulebook prior to 2 hours after the game on sunday was it was a penalty only if the push came from a 2nd level player (linebacker/safety), someone in a 3/4 point stance on the line of scrimmage can push the back of someone all day long. The refs blew the call, and then the league retroactively rewrote the rule when they realized it.

Not a pats fan, frankly i think this is poetic justice. But they did get completely boned by an incompetent officiating crew and then the nfl tried to cover it up.

The last buffalo fan
10-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Go Tuck yourself!

imbondz
10-22-2013, 11:44 AM
the more you win as a coach, the more clout you have with refs

trapezeus
10-22-2013, 11:48 AM
you mean he alerted the officials that the pats did something completely legal according to the rules as written prior to last weekend, and got a flag thrown on it?

You do know the rule as stated in the league video, and league rulebook prior to 2 hours after the game on sunday was it was a penalty only if the push came from a 2nd level player (linebacker/safety), someone in a 3/4 point stance on the line of scrimmage can push the back of someone all day long. The refs blew the call, and then the league retroactively rewrote the rule when they realized it.

Not a pats fan, frankly i think this is poetic justice. But they did get completely boned by an incompetent officiating crew and then the nfl tried to cover it up.

New England's version of no goal. after the fact the rule is revised to suite the league's protection of the refs.

I hate the pats and they've had a blown call coming to them for 12 some years, but it's time the NFL stop having part time refs and get guys watching film and getting their craft up to standards. just showing up for a game isn't cutting it. officiating gets worse and worse, and to compensate, they throw a flag for everything. Games are at least half an hour longer than when i was a kid.

kishoph
10-22-2013, 12:27 PM
The refs blew the call, and then the league retroactively rewrote the rule when they realized it.

Imagine that. It seems that the officiating gets worse every year.

better days
10-22-2013, 12:34 PM

LMAO. Where did you get that from?????? Must have been a Pats* board. TOO FUNNY.

I saw reported that ALL teams were told of this rule in TC, that would include the Pats*.

Rewritten after the fact? CONSPIRACY Theory against the Pats*?

Well, that would be a welcome CHANGE.

Ingtar33
10-22-2013, 01:04 PM
LMAO. Where did you get that from?????? Must have been a Pats* board. TOO FUNNY.

I saw reported that ALL teams were told of this rule in TC, that would include the Pats*.

Rewritten after the fact? CONSPIRACY Theory against the Pats*?

Well, that would be a welcome CHANGE.

NFL.com had the rule written as a push from a 2nd level, the nfl's training video given to the nfl teams in the preseason clearly stated the rule covered "2nd level" players, not players lined up on the line of scrimmage. this isn't some conspiracy theory. Its fact. The league rules were clearly written to penalize a push from a player with a running start, as dangerous to the unprotected player at the point of contact. within 2 hours of the game the rule as written on nfl.com was changed.

the league also ran out a bunch of representatives after the game to claim the rule stated something other then what it stated.

Pats board? no. I was told about this from a few friends in the league. and checked it out myself, to confirm the wording on nfl.com. assuming the video conveyed the rule properly, and assuming nfl.com had the rule written properly, the nfl engaged in a clear cover-up after the game.

DBrown77
10-22-2013, 01:06 PM
More importantly, WTH is yepping?

better days
10-22-2013, 01:09 PM
NFL.com had the rule written as a push from a 2nd level, the nfl's training video given to the nfl teams in the preseason clearly stated the rule covered "2nd level" players, not players lined up on the line of scrimmage. this isn't some conspiracy theory. Its fact. The league rules were clearly written to penalize a push from a player with a running start, as dangerous to the unprotected player at the point of contact. within 2 hours of the game the rule as written on nfl.com was changed.

the league also ran out a bunch of representatives after the game to claim the rule stated something other then what it stated.

Pats board? no. I was told about this from a few friends in the league. and checked it out myself, to confirm the wording on nfl.com. assuming the video conveyed the rule properly, and assuming nfl.com had the rule written properly, the nfl engaged in a clear cover-up after the game.

Yeah, right. The NFL CHANGED the rule to protect refs who got a call wrong........................like refs have NEVER gotten a call wrong before.

MAYBE NFL.com had the WRONG rule on the site, but the TEAMS all knew about the rule & I don't believe for one minute they changed it post call.

If it were true, it would be HEADLINES on Profootballtalk.com.

HAMMER
10-22-2013, 01:56 PM

According to this article you are incorrect.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24122058/report-dolphins-turned-ravens-tape-in-to-nfl-for-fg-violation

Ingtar33
10-22-2013, 04:08 PM
According to this article you are incorrect.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24122058/report-dolphins-turned-ravens-tape-in-to-nfl-for-fg-violation

you notice the dolphins didn't submit that tape till after the rule was rewritten.

i'm gonna stand firm on this one. they rewrote the rule 2 hours after the game.

DynaPaul
10-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Before we get all happy about it let's see how the calls go for them in the playoffs.

Parzival
10-22-2013, 04:26 PM
This thread title makes absolutely no sense. I seriously can't figure out what you were even trying to say.

HAMMER
10-22-2013, 05:00 PM
This thread title makes absolutely no sense. I seriously can't figure out what you were even trying to say.

English isn't his first language.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Go Tuck yourself!

Just give it to em already.

SpillerThrills
10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
The commentators were saying that the rule had nothing to do with the second level...

MikeInRoch
10-22-2013, 10:14 PM
They may have re-written NFL.com, but that's not the rulebook. I'm not sure I've seen evidence that the rulebook itself was re-written.

better days
10-23-2013, 12:48 AM
you notice the dolphins didn't submit that tape till after the rule was rewritten.

i'm gonna stand firm on this one. they rewrote the rule 2 hours after the game.

I'm going to stand firm on saying it is BS by you.

Like I said, If it were true what you say, profootballtalk.com would have been all over it.

It would have been MAJOR HEADLINES on that site & every other one.

And there is NOTHING in that article that suggests it was sent out after the rule was rewritten, in fact, just the OPPOSITE.

Like I said TOTAL BS by you.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-23-2013, 03:24 AM

Its about coaches who do or don't yepp. Marv chewed gum, the rest since him lost, and Marrone yepps.