X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Mario Wired for Sound - the best one so far this season in my opinion

Talks a lot to himself, kinda like Bruce Smith in his days, though I'd say Mario is really into the game and helping out teamates, something people who went to Bills training camps have been telling me.

Surprised to see the amount of yepping at the refs. I know most linemen (both O and D side) do, he just did not strike me as that kind of guy before. In fact I don't see Marcel, Kyle are that kind of guys either. Wood would be.

Man that first sack on Tennerhill was quick and sick.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Mario Wired for Sound - the best one so far this season in my opinion

What a difference in personality from last year.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Wow, that was great. Thanks.

Comment

• K-Gun
        Deal with it
        • Jul 2003

this is the first time i've actually liked mario. i liked his agression, and think he can turn it up. i liked that the refs seemed to actually respect him when he'd banter with them. I still think he's way over paid, but i also think that he's making his stake this season for being the highest paid player on the team.

now i want to se him make an impact on on more crucial games later in the season, more often and at more clutch times.
        [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

I love the line all Mammals cheat haha

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

He is clearly having fun and impacting games at the same time. It looks like he's going all out every play, and was beating OTs with a lot of power and quality quickness. Pretty amazing what being healthy can do. Since his first game with a sack as a Bill in week 3 2012 vs. Cleveland, Mario has 20.5 sacks in 21 games. It also seemed like his pressure assisted Robey's INT, so you could argue he assisted in 2 turnovers and had 2 sacks on the day as well as a number of hurries and QB knockdowns. He doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of hate he gets from fans. He's also on pace for 23 sacks which would be a single season record.

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Really enjoyed this. He had a rep coming over from Houston as a quiet one who just went through the motions. Best part of it to me, was that it really seems he's having fun.

Comment

Working...
              X