• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Texans cut 3 over pot

HOUSTON -- Houston Texans rookies Sam Montgomery, Cierre Wood and Willie Jefferson were released Monday, two days after violating team rules while at the Texans' team hotel in Kansas City.

Three sources who wished to remain anonymous told ESPN.com that the violation occurred due to marijuana use.

Wood, Jefferson and Montgomery were inactive for Sunday's 17-16 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, the Texans' fifth consecutive loss.

Texans outside linebacker Brooks Reed said, "They had the opportunity of their lives and they just kind of threw it away. I don't have too much to say about it. It's really unfortunate. We lost a lot of depth for that game. They were great players and they had a lot of potential. We're just going to find more guys that are more dedicated to the cause."

what do they all have in common?

with all due respect to my good friend feldspar, we are going to do this again since he bungled it so badly last time that he cant even remember the key point that i made in the other story about three black guys that ruined their football career over weed. perhaps a refresher would do everyone some good

before we continue, you have to try to shut off your automatic reaction machine or you will get nothing out of this except inappropriately furious
    - pointing out three black guys getting in trouble for smoking weed isnt racist, it isnt biased, and it doesnt imply that black guys are the only ones that smoke weed
    - those are ideas in your own freakin head that you automatically insert whenever you perceive a white guy criticizing a black guy and feel you have to rush to protect black folks with your 'special rules'
    - thats exactly the automatic response you need to control or you will continue to create an environment that actually enables these things to take place

lets recap the first example:
    - three black guys get college scholarships for football
    - all three are warned time and time again by the school and their coach that they have to stop (getting caught) smoking weed
    - they get caught again and again, and still are given chance after chance after chance to stop (or just not get caught)
    - finally the school and the team get fed up and cut all three, cancelling their scholorship, and ruining their lives

now for this current example, we dont know any particulars and dont need to know any particulars. these were three professionals that had the chance of a lifetime, they knew the rules, they knew the consequences, and they still decided to do it

is this representative of a problem within the black community? you bet your ass

now while you are flooding your mind with rage at how inappropriate mh is being, how much he annoys the hell out of you, and how much youd like to punch his racist face in, consider this:

not that its necessary, but i just had this conversation with several of my pot smoking black friends in the nf ghetto, two of the three being fathers. one of the guys had his seventeen year old son (who he has smoked weed with but doesnt allow to smoke with us) sitting with us. i brought up the question and just let them go off on it. heres a recap of their comments:

- recreational weed use is no different than drinking a few beers
    - lots of blacks are totally addicted to pot and dont know where to draw the line, they cant live without it, and it ruins their life
    - pot is a psychological addiction, which points directly to psychological problems they developed while in that ghetto environment
    - its completely inappropriate to bring weed or any drugs to work or school (even if you often carry skittles and iced tea - i added that, and they agreed). it is disrespectful to yourself, its disrespectful to others, it is disrespectful to blacks, and its disrespectful to the institution. if you do cross that line, you deserve everything you get
    - this kind of behavior is a big problem amoung ghetto blacks. its a huge factor why there are so many wasted lives among black youth, who become adults with wasted lives, churning out more kids with ... wait for it ... wasted lives
    - the biggest problem is that there usually isnt a strong male role model for those kids to show them how to properly live with recreational drug use, and to kick them in the ass if they get out of line with it
    - once those kinds of kids get into that pattern, EVEN IF YOU TELL THEM OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, they just dont listen. they think they should be able to smoke weed anytime they want and have convinced themselves that its the system (ie the man or somebody not them) keeping them down unfairly
    - THEY COMPLETELY REMOVE THEMSELVES FROM RESPONSIBILITY and think its everyone else with the problem, when its THEY THEMSELVES that dont know how to limit themselves
    - its not just the pot, it gets manifested in other ways, including violence, pregnancies, joblessness, etc

this of course was the point in the first thread feldspar referred to and totally botched recognition of the point, preferring instead to attack me as if i was the one doing something wrong

we need to acknowledge this is a real problem with the black culture especially the youth. sure, theres tons of white kids smoking tons of weed and ruining their lives, but its a COUNTERCULTURE element in whitness, in blackness this is pretty much NORMAL OPERATING PROCEDURE for a great many blacks. ask yourself when was the last time you saw a non-black get tossed out of football for their inability to control their weed addiction, let alone three of them at the same time - TWICE

pretending this isnt a serious problem especially for blacks right now, preferring instead to aggressively attack the message deliverer, isnt doing anybody any god damn favors

how do i know? over many years ive asked a whole bunch of black pot smoking fathers, including the ones i just talked to over a bowl. these are real conversations by real black ppl - and one super pasty white head of meat

i realize this makes you super uncomfortable

i realize you would feel a ton better if you lambasted me as being such a total ass hole to even bring it up

i realize you wish it would all just go away and would love to knock my teeth out to make it happen and make yourself feel like you did something to atone for past sins

so i say we go ahead and focus on banning meathead, instead of doing something about changing our biased minds to stop pretending its bad to acknowledge these real world problems among our black brothers and sisters

whos with me?!
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Texans cut 3 over pot

Did you also do similar research with white folk who are in similar economic conditions and are of similiar backgrounds?
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

I'm with you but can I piss on you first?

Comment

• DesertFox24
        • Jul 2005

I do not want any part of these guys at all. This is clearly a problem and I am sure there are other reasons why they were cut.

Heck the LSU strength coach had this to say about Montgomery.

Strange the article kind of debunks what the sign says, so probably Les got to him and told him to shush that up so future recruits will not hold it against them.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Good.

I'm not sure what race/economic background has to do with 3 idiots that "had the opportunity of their lives and they just kind of threw it away."

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Initial report said they were smoking cigars, but they were probably blunts. How about just make it legal? Black, white, human. Smoke it if you want to.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

I'm just sitting here wondering what Meathead was smoking when he wrote that post...
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

oh yawn...

another racially motivated post from the "blacksacologist" aka nutbag.

White, black, poor, rich, old, young, male, female...almost everyone in their life has smoked the stuff.

Comment

• Thief
                  • Sep 2009

I think Meat has a point.

"we need to acknowledge this is a real problem with the black culture especially the youth. sure, theres tons of white kids smoking tons of weed and ruining their lives, but its a COUNTERCULTURE element in whitness, in blackness this is pretty much NORMAL OPERATING PROCEDURE for a great many blacks."

I know like 2 -3 black guys (out of what, a couple hundred?) that don't smoke weed.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

"They had the opportunity of their lives and they just kind of threw it away.

Nothing to do with culture. Culture doesn't cause stupidity. There a weed smokers in the hood saying "DAMMMMMMN!" without exhaling too much over this story.

- - - Updated - - -

"They had the opportunity of their lives and they just kind of threw it away.

Nothing to do with culture. Culture doesn't cause stupidity. There a weed smokers in the hood saying "DAMMMMMMN!" without exhaling too much over this story.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

For me, what it really comes down to from an athletic perspective, is that you cannot be all can be physically if you're getting high or drinking during professional training. You may be good enough to get away with it, but you're short changing your potential. At an NFL level, is shows a lack of respect for your team mates.
                      Getting high may not be as illegal as it was, but that doesn't make it good for society or your lungs.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                        • Mar 2006

Meathead ego fluffing on 2, break!
                        Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

This has all the hallmarks of a classic meathead lecture, but I applaud him for at least starting his own thread rather than hijacking a legitimate one.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

I'd sign all three for the Bills given injuries to Jackson, Spiller, and Lawson.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Gibby
                              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                              • Jun 2006

You could argue that the two defensive players they released were let go after the that 98 yard drive that put the Chiefs up for good. In the NFL if your kicking team pins the other team on its own 1 or 2 the most that team should score is 3, not six. I think what these three had in common was being rookies on a team that has lost five straight. I know that Meat thinks its them being black, but I think them being rookies who violated team rules on a team that was 2-5 had a lot more to do with it. Lets face it, lots of people had Houston as winning the south and maybe playing for the superbowl. Their coaching staff is on the hot seat.

Comment

Working...
                              X