PDA

View Full Version : When does Gilmore lose his club ??

Skooby
10-22-2013, 08:59 PM
I would assume pressing opposing players is hard with one hand, so is playing with only one functioning one.

Jeff1220
10-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I question them for putting him out there like that, especially with Byrd back in the line up. Is a one-armed Gilmore really better than McKelvin, Robey, Williams, etc?

JCBills
10-22-2013, 10:16 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/10/22/club-removal-for-gilmore-is-surgeons-call/

Meathead
10-23-2013, 04:19 AM
I question them for putting him out there like that, especially with Byrd back in the line up. Is a one-armed Gilmore really better than McKelvin, Robey, Williams, etc?

fair question. i thought the same thing

gilmore has a great answer, though:

In fact Gilmore believes being forced to play with one arm will enhance his game once the club is off his arm.

“I think it’s helping put my game on another level,” said Gilmore. ”I think I’m learning a lot playing with it on. I’ve got to use my legs more. I can’t really use my hands like I want to. I have to really win with my feet so I think that’s helping my game.”

YardRat
10-23-2013, 05:37 AM
The club hasn't affected his coverage, teams aren't targeting him on intermediate and long routes. He's only having issues with the quick-hitters that are almost impossible to defend that force him to make the tackle after the catch. Let him play.

trapezeus
10-23-2013, 07:20 AM
this should be noted on his resume as "playing through it".

The team needed him on a decimated secondary. he stepped up with a broken hand. which is different from like a stress fracture. that should be noted at the time his contract comes due.

also, once he has both hands and can tackle, that should take care of that side of the field which leaves byrd able to roam free on the other side for some INTs

jamze132
10-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Because of his disability, he's a liability in the screen pass game. To cancel that out, he needs to be up on the receiver so they can't hit any of those quick hitters.

Raptor
10-23-2013, 07:55 AM
I think they should keep him out on the early downs and keep him in on passing downs. As others have noted its really affected his tackling and shedding blocks so teams attack that when he's in there

I say move him to 2nd and 3rd downs in passing situations till the club comes off

Mahdi
10-23-2013, 10:25 AM
this should be noted on his resume as "playing through it".

The team needed him on a decimated secondary. he stepped up with a broken hand. which is different from like a stress fracture. that should be noted at the time his contract comes due.

also, once he has both hands and can tackle, that should take care of that side of the field which leaves byrd able to roam free on the other side for some INTs

Yer right, it'll be a big selling point once we trade him for asking for top CB money.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Is a one-armed Gilmore really better than McKelvin, Robey, Williams, etc?

Yes.

This wouldn't be a problem if they'd just let Gilmore attach a bayonet like Merle from The Walking Dead, but commandant Goodell is worried about "safety."

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/walking-dead-portrait-dixon.jpg

Meathead
10-23-2013, 11:13 AM
instead of 'shut down' corner he would be a 'cut down' corner

Skooby
10-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Club is off & he'll probably end up in a tight wrap with use of his fingers. Gilmore also stated that he has been working on his footwork much more, so this might end up being an improvement in his play.

trapezeus
10-23-2013, 12:13 PM
they should have wrapped the club with velcro so that he could still drag down a player if the player caught the pass and gilmore needed to make the tackle. Next time, iguess.

Homegrown
10-23-2013, 06:25 PM
instead of 'shut down' corner he would be a 'cut down' corner

more of a 'club down' corner ...

YardRat
10-23-2013, 06:48 PM
lol at velcro...