PDA

View Full Version : Some Interesting Numbers

JCBills
10-22-2013, 09:32 PM
From PFF.com via BuffaloBills.com -

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/From-the-Booth-Bills-at-Dolphins/a610fc12-a31d-4ed9-85de-e5e4f746031c

-I believe we are seeing the emergence of <nobr>Marcell Dareushttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/marcell-dareus/b8a50345-19f8-45e5-a8cc-6acc6b085633/)</nobr> as a defensive force for the Bills, the way most people envisioned him when the team made him the third overall pick in the draft in 2011. Dareus is coming off one of the best games of his career against the Dolphins on Sunday. Playing 79-percent of the Bills defensive snaps, Dareus finished with six total tackles against Miami. The analytics folks at Pro Football Focus credit him with four stops in the game (they define “stops” as the cumulative number of solo defensive tackles which constitute an offensive failure ((including sacks)). This means tackles made 7-8 yards downfield after a gain by the offense are not counted as stops. For the season, PFF ranks Dareus number one in the league among Defensive tackles with 26 stops.

-Besides the interception return for the touchdown, Robey only allowed one pass completion out of his slot corner spot against Miami. That was a five yard Ryan Tannehill pass to Brandon Gibson.

Again, back to the PFF.com numbers—they say Robey has allowed just 0.54 yards per coverage for the snaps he’s taken in the slot corner spot, 2nd best in the NFL. And PFF says he hasn’t given up a touchdown yet—and opposing quarterbacks have a QB rating of 35.8 when they throw into Robey’s coverage. That’s the best in the NFL.

A lot of people on here agree the Robey pickup was a good one, but Dareus gets a lot of undeserved hate. Discuss.

BillsFever21
10-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Dareus is finally having a good season after a couple bad ones. He needs to stay consistent to make him worth the #3 pick. Most of the hate has to do with all of the great players drafted right after him who has already produced from their rookie seasons.

BuffaloRedleg
10-22-2013, 10:33 PM
This thread ought to be interesting.

Skooby
10-22-2013, 10:38 PM
I remember Tannehill trying to run past Dareus, fail.

Oaf
10-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Dareus is finally having a good season after a couple bad ones. He needs to stay consistent to make him worth the #3 pick. Most of the hate has to do with all of the great players drafted right after him who has already produced from their rookie seasons.

He's the only one of the first top 6 picks not to make the Pro Bowl or be considered All-Pro yet.

GvilleBills
10-23-2013, 05:48 AM
He's the only one of the first top 6 picks not to make the Pro Bowl or be considered All-Pro yet.
That's true, but I think it changes this year. I'm happy to see his emergence. He's one of our young cornerstones going forward if he can keep this up.
Typically, year 2-3 is when the light goes on. He's put up solid sack numbers from the DT/5tech spot ( not his job, but nice). This year he's showing the punch and shed that made him the #3 pick.

If Robey was 4" taller, he'd have been an early rounder. All the talent, and no fear. Loving that kid.

YardRat
10-23-2013, 05:53 AM
Dareus is also the only 'trench' guy drafted in the top 10 that year, and the other (OT) hasn't made a Pro Bowl either. It's harder to establish a rep, and maintain it, in the trenches than the other play-making positions. Especially if that position is on the interior.

DBrown77
10-23-2013, 07:04 AM
I didnt realize Robey was 5'7" and 169 lbs. Dang

trapezeus
10-23-2013, 07:17 AM
there is something to be said of a guy holding the line. last year we saw people get hit 3 4 yards after the line of scrimmage. now we see guys met at the line and i think it has a lot to do with him standing his ground.

i would love to see his stats be better, but he's looking good thus far through half a season.

jamze132
10-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Should Robey shadow Sproles when he lines up outside?

Should Kiki pay attention to Sproles slipping into the flats?

The keys to success those are.

Pinkerton Security
10-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Should Robey shadow Sproles when he lines up outside?

Should Kiki pay attention to Sproles slipping into the flats?

The keys to success those are.

I feel like the Bills give up a lot of passes in the flats, might just seem that way but if we let Sproles catch swing passes all day we're gonna be in trouble.

Thief
10-23-2013, 10:07 AM
I remember Tannehill trying to run past Dareus, fail.LOL, loved it.

JCBills
10-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Another interesting Dareus tidbit:

@PFF_Pete: Marcell Dareus has 21 run stops this season. No other defensive tackle in the league has more than 14. #Bills

Courtesy of Pro Football Focus.