PDA

View Full Version : John Tucker

coastal
10-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Met John Tucker last night at his rink in Tampa.

My son Sam has a practice there once a week. My sister had sent Sam a Sabres tshirt awhile back. Sam happened to have it on last night, and Tucker comes up to him to tell him how much he loves his shirt.

he asked Sam if that was his favorite team and he said, "no.. the Bruins are. My aunt sent me this shirt."

Tucker told him he likes his aunt but not his favorite team.

lol.

he also told him that Milan Lucic was his favorite player.

Tucker has also coached one of his recent practices. You know how weird it is watching your son interact and get coached by one of the players you grew up watching?

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Bruins? Lucic?

I should call CPS on you. There is no excuse to raise a Bruins fan. None

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2013, 07:30 AM
FWIW, Tucker is one of the most underrated Sabres ever. Solid player.

coastal
10-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Bruins? Lucic?

I should call CPS on you. There is no excuse to raise a Bruins fan. None
He likes the Avalanche too...

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2013, 08:39 AM
If you tell me that he likes the Dolphins, Cowboys or Patriots I am going to kick your ass.

Night Train
10-23-2013, 10:32 AM
FWIW, Tucker is one of the most underrated Sabres ever. Solid player.

Darcy is probably considering him right now in a trade, along with Bob Corkum.

chernobylwraiths
10-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Met John Tucker last night at his rink in Tampa.

My son Sam has a practice there once a week. My sister had sent Sam a Sabres tshirt awhile back. Sam happened to have it on last night, and Tucker comes up to him to tell him how much he loves his shirt.

he asked Sam if that was his favorite team and he said, "no.. the Bruins are. My aunt sent me this shirt."

Tucker told him he likes his aunt but not his favorite team.

lol.

he also told him that Milan Lucic was his favorite player.

Tucker has also coached one of his recent practices. You know how weird it is watching your son interact and get coached by one of the players you grew up watching?

Nicely done be Tucker. I liked him, but I didn't really like the trade we got him in, though the other guy we got in the trade I liked possibly the most out of all the people in the trade, Mike Foligno.

Lucic? Nice role model.

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2013, 11:30 AM
The Sabres drafted Tucker.

The Foligno trade was Gare, Schonfeld, Bob Sauve and Derek Smith for Foligno, Dale McCourt and Brent Peterson

chernobylwraiths
10-23-2013, 02:33 PM
The Sabres drafted Tucker.

The Foligno trade was Gare, Schonfeld, Bob Sauve and Derek Smith for Foligno, Dale McCourt and Brent Peterson

I'm confusing him with McCourt. My bad. I liked Tucker too. 4 goals in that one game to tie the playoff series with Boston at 2. Fight filled series when we had Maguire, Hartman, Halkidis (who broke Bruce Shoebottom's colarbone) etc. Bruins had Miller and a host of fighters. At least I believe that was the same series. I'm getting old and these things all jumble up.

coastal
10-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Lucic? Nice role model.my son is built like a Mack truck. I wanted to find a badass power forward he could model after.

I steered him in the right direction.

tucker asked Sam why he liked Milan. Sam answered because he's powerful on the wing. Tucker replied... that he is... that he is.

chernobylwraiths
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM
my son is built like a Mack truck. I wanted to find a badass power forward he could model after.

I steered him in the right direction.

tucker asked Sam why he liked Milan. Sam answered because he's powerful on the wing. Tucker replied... that he is... that he is.

Might as well model him after Thornton who is a cheap shot artist like lucic.

coastal
10-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Might as well model him after Thornton who is a cheap shot artist like lucic.
Hey **** for brains... two goals tonight by Milan. Totally sacrificed his body to score one of them.

and considering the cheap shot that Scott just took on a real hockey player, I'm thinking you should stfu.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Hey **** for brains... two goals tonight by Milan. Totally sacrificed his body to score one of them.

and considering the cheap shot that Scott just took on a real hockey player, I'm thinking you should stfu.

I meant to say Thornton isn't a cheap shot artist like Lucic. Whipty do, he scored two goals. I didn't say he didn't have talent, I said he is a cheap shot artist, which he is and has shown to be.

Just because Scott's hit was a little cheap takes nothing away from what Lucic is, which is a piece of ****.

coastal
10-24-2013, 06:22 AM
I meant to say Thornton isn't a cheap shot artist like Lucic. Whipty do, he scored two goals. I didn't say he didn't have talent, I said he is a cheap shot artist, which he is and has shown to be.

Just because Scott's hit was a little cheap takes nothing away from what Lucic is, which is a piece of ****.scott's hit was "a little cheap"?

dude that was the very definition of cheap an Rolston with his decision making has turned this once great organization into the Charleston Chiefs.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 07:01 AM
He hit him from the side immediately after he got rid of the puck on an open ice hit. The only bad part about the hit was that he got him in the head with his shoulder. If he doesn't hit him in the head, it is a clean hit.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Scott's hit was disgusting and can't be allowed in this league. Scott should not be any closer to a NHL roster than I should be.

That being said, Lucic is clearly a better player and his skill set is unique. But that does not excuse the **** he has pulled before and his cheap shots.

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Scott will be gone for 10 games.

He's a piece of ****.