PDA

View Full Version : 3 of the Bills 4 QBs are better than Brady

Albany,n.y.
10-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Manuel, Lewis & Flynn all have higher QB ratings than Tom Brady. Only Jeff Tuel has a lower rating.

This is more proof that QB ratings are utter garbage. Anyone who uses QB ratings to support a "My QB is better than your QB" debate deserves to be punched by a felonious Jets or Patriots fan.

DynaPaul
10-23-2013, 11:46 AM
It's just a statistic. You have to look at the whole overall story.

trapezeus
10-23-2013, 11:56 AM
and you would expect brady to have a crap rating since he isn't really connecting on a ton of passes. that's why he's yelling all season.

However, he continues to have a high QB rating when it matters most. the bills had him in a box most of the game. Last drive of the game he made 2 good throws on 3rd down to keep the ball moving.

thad has 2 games and has a smaller sample size vs brady's 7 games. and EJ has 4 games. So i would expect someone on the field a lot more to have a lower rating on average.

However, i do agree QB rating is somewhat useless, but in this instance, i don't think it's the best way to demonstrate that.

BuffaloRedleg
10-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I thought you were going to go a different way with this thread and I had my response already planned out after reading the title.

You are absolutely correct, QB Rating is a (mostly) ridiculous stat.

better days
10-23-2013, 12:38 PM
I thought you were going to go a different way with this thread and I had my response already planned out after reading the title.

You are absolutely correct, QB Rating is a (mostly) ridiculous stat.

I have always said the only stats that matter are TD's & Wins VS Losses.

imbondz
10-23-2013, 02:39 PM
It's not a ridiculous stat, it's fairly accurate as far as stats go. Brady is having a down year, because most of his go to guys are out. They still win because they know how to and expect to

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to be 6-1 and having a down year. lol

better days
10-23-2013, 03:25 PM
It's not a ridiculous stat, it's fairly accurate as far as stats go. Brady is having a down year, because most of his go to guys are out. They still win because they know how to and expect to

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to be 6-1 and having a down year. lol

No question Brady is having a down year & much of it can be blamed on his lack of receivers. BUT Brady has not thrown the Ball well this year, is making poor decisions, & is holding onto the ball longer than he has in the past.

And before the season started some people were calling him the best of all time & said he could make even scrubs look great.

I think those people look pretty stupid now. And I think this is the start of the decline for Brady.

Crisis
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
I ****ing hate Tom Brady. Of course the year I pick him up in fantasy football he decides to not throw any more touchdowns... yet the ******* still wins games somehow. If you're going to screw me in fantasy, don't screw me in real football too.

imbondz
10-23-2013, 05:53 PM
fantasy stresses me out more than the real games

Goobylal
10-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Brady is on the decline, doesn't have a dominant OL anymore, and his receivers are that great. This will be the Pats' last season as a playoff contender.

JoeMama
10-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Manuel, Lewis & Flynn all have higher QB ratings than Tom Brady. Only Jeff Tuel has a lower rating.

This is more proof that QB ratings are utter garbage. Anyone who uses QB ratings to support a "My QB is better than your QB" debate deserves to be punched by a felonious Jets or Patriots fan.

I don't think Brady cares.

He's playing effectively enough to keep his team well ahead in first place despite losing all his weapons.

Which is what most of us expected from Brady.

JCBills
10-23-2013, 08:58 PM

And today's topic will be sample size.