PDA

View Full Version : Mike Milbury just roasted the whole Sabres organization

coastal
10-23-2013, 09:50 PM
...for the Scott hit.

called for Scott to be sent packing... Said Rolston was in over his head and should be fired... can't believe how far this organization has fallen. The B's didn't even respond to the hit... why... because it was total bush league.

I don't blame Phil Kessel for swinging his stick at his ankles. The only thing I blame him for is that he didn't break his ankles.

so ashamed of this team... especially the night after having my own kid meet John Tucker.

btw... There is a team roster plaque in the rink's sitting foyer. Team executive President of hockey operations, GM and head coach was Scotty Bowman. Top to bottom it was a great hockey organization.

its absolute **** right now.

for those rooting for this to bottom out... well congratulations! This is he bottom... and it has nothing to do with hockey.

chernobylwraiths
10-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Well it is Mike Milbury, one of the biggest hypocrites in hockey. He also single handedly ruined the islanders as their GM. Milbury is and has always been a piece of ****.

coastal
10-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Well it is Mike Milbury, one of the biggest hypocrites in hockey. He also single handedly ruined the islanders as their GM. Milbury is and has always been a piece of ****.
In this case... he was absolutely correct.

Skooby
10-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Rolston needs a pink slip.

clumping platelets
10-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Peter Laviolette :nod:

Rockstar
10-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Whatever. It was a shoulder to chest hit by a guy who was huge vs a guy who had his head down. Milbury? What a douche hypocrite. Anyone remember this?

Police today said they have charged Milbury with assault and battery on a child, threats to commit a crime and disorderly conduct in connection with his alleged verbal and physical attack on a 12-year-old boy during a pee-wee exhibition hockey game last Friday night at the town-owned Larz Anderson Rink in Brookline.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/nbc-analyst-mike-milbury-charged-with-assaulting-child?urn=nhl,wp20037

The King
10-24-2013, 05:57 AM
How can people defend Scott, how are these instances still just unlucky?

coastal
10-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Anyone defending Scott and this organization doesn't understand hockey... at all.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 07:08 AM

Wasn't unlucky, it was a bad hit and he got him in the head. He should have made an effort to get his whole body. It was NOT late as others like to say since he had just gotten rid of the puck. This is because it is John Scott, who while he is pretty much only a fighter does not have a history of doing this.

And I am not a Rolston apologist, but blaming the coach for the actions of the player is just stupid.

I would keep Scott on this roster of Kaleta though IMO. Kaleta, while a much better hockey player, will hurt them more on reputation alone.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Scott is a thug and is not even a player capable of playing in the AHL.

It is in a embarrassment that he is on the Sabres roster. It is even a bigger embarrassment that he was put on the ice in a game that was still able to be won. It is an embarrassment that Rolston can't control his team and will soon have two players that are on long term suspension. It is an embarrassment that "Big Bad John" was played after a player was hit with a filthy hit and was being helped off the ice.

Right now, not only is this team not competitive with the rest of the NHL, they have no class and are a laughing stock.

coastal
10-24-2013, 07:31 AM
When Hodgson is out there skating circles instead of attacking the puck... and Rolston is apparently more worried about getting Scott playing time in a winnable game...

well?

The King
10-24-2013, 07:37 AM
I do disagree with Milbury in the sense that I think the Bruins shouldve responded. I feel like the fact that no one goes after Scott gives the Sabres this false sense of security.

But let's face it suspending Scott is absolutely no loss to the Sabres. They easily have AHL players who can step in and play better defense.

coastal
10-24-2013, 07:40 AM
I do disagree with Milbury in the sense that I think the Bruins shouldve responded. I feel like the fact that no one goes after Scott gives the Sabres this false sense of security.

But let's face it suspending Scott is absolutely no loss to the Sabres. They easily have AHL players who can step in and play better defense.
Sometimes offenses speak for themselves. A response only gives the act validity.

this is clearly one of those situations.

scott is getting 10 games and Rolston should get another fine.

The King
10-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Sometimes offenses speak for themselves. A response only gives the act validity.

this is clearly one of those situations.

scott is getting 10 games and Rolston should get another fine.

I dont think he'll get ten. I think somewhere between 4-6. I think a fine to Rolston is valid though.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 07:46 AM
Why respond? They get nothing out of it. Why take the risk of injuring one of their players going after some Sabre?

What does it prove if a Bruin goes after a guy like Brian Flynn or Cody Hodgson?

OpIv37
10-24-2013, 07:47 AM
When Hodgson is out there skating circles instead of attacking the puck... and Rolston is apparently more worried about getting Scott playing time in a winnable game...

well?
You're a bit mixed up here. The Scott line was actually generating some chances. You said yourself that Hogson was skating in circles- I know the chances of that line scoring are slim, but when Hogson and Stafford are clearly dogging it, why not give the 4th line a chance? Don't forget Porter is on that line too.

As far as the hit, it was high and deserved a penalty, and it happened cuz Scott sucks. If he was even average as a NHL skater, he gets there in time to get his shoulder down and make a clean hit, but he's not. It's not nearly as dirty as people are making it sound.

And gotta love Bruins fans who defended Lucic going high on Miller *****ing about this....

OpIv37
10-24-2013, 07:50 AM
IMO the Porter hit on the PP was far worse and far more dangerous than the Scott hit. It was perhaps the dumbest penalty I've ever seen an NHL player take, and it was full speed into the boards.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 07:50 AM
You're a bit mixed up here. The Scott line was actually generating some chances. You said yourself that Hogson was skating in circles- I know the chances of that line scoring are slim, but when Hogson and Stafford are clearly dogging it, why not give the 4th line a chance? Don't forget Porter is on that line too.

As far as the hit, it was high and deserved a penalty, and it happened cuz Scott sucks. If he was even average as a NHL skater, he gets there in time to get his shoulder down and make a clean hit, but he's not. It's not nearly as dirty as people are making it sound.

And gotta love Bruins fans who defended Lucic going high on Miller *****ing about this....

Except Hodgson already had scored and the line, when Scott was out there, had not generated anything.

And yes - the hit was as bad as people are saying. He skated over and made no attempt to hit the body. Once the puck was gone he aimed directly for the head.

As for your last sentence, you know as well as I do that it is irrelevant. "They do it too" is no excuse.

The Lucic hit was dirty and nasty.

The Scott hit was dirtier and nastier.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 07:51 AM
IMO the Porter hit on the PP was far worse and far more dangerous than the Scott hit. It was perhaps the dumbest penalty I've ever seen an NHL player take, and it was full speed into the boards.

Full speed?

Hardly. It was dumb. But I have seen much worse.

coastal
10-24-2013, 07:56 AM

Give me a break!

mixed up nothing!

if I'm coaching the Sabres, I'm all up in Hodgson's ****. I own him.

my answer isn't Scott.

as far as Lucic and Millet... sour grapes. The Sabres didn't respond when that happened and it certainly can be argued that Rolston's incarnation of "old school hockey Sabres" is an over exaggerated, long winded response to that still.

Lucic took a cheap shot at Miller how many years ago now?

big ****ing deal.

coastal
10-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Full speed?

Hardly. It was dumb. But I have seen much worse.
But Porter was generating chances doncha know...

OpIv37
10-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Except Hodgson already had scored and the line, when Scott was out there, had not generated anything.

And yes - the hit was as bad as people are saying. He skated over and made no attempt to hit the body. Once the puck was gone he aimed directly for the head.

As for your last sentence, you know as well as I do that it is irrelevant. "They do it too" is no excuse.

I didn't see it that way at all. Scott was late to make the hit on the body- he knew he couldn't make a clean hit on time so he reached out for whatever he could get- it looked like he was going for the chest but got head too- partly as a result of being so big and partly as a result of being a sloppy out- of- control skater.

Again, worthy of a penalty because players are responsible for being in control and not hitting opponents in the head. But Scott was lining him up for the bit and I just don't think Scott has the reflexes or body control to just suddenly change and go for the head.

And I'm not using "they do it too." I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the reaction by Boston fans.

The King
10-24-2013, 07:59 AM

First off I am not up in arms about this. I expect this crap from Scott, I am not the least bit surprised. He was put out there to make something happen and this is the only type of thing he can make happen. As for the Lucic hit, there's still bad blood between the organizations about that hit, I get it. But Lucic is a top line forward, he's scored 30 goals, he plays 15mins a game. It's a different scenario than a guy who plays 120 seconds a game, and goes after top line guys.

Lucic also answered the call. He's readily available to answer the call for all his actions, no one wants to go after Scott because the Sabres win in every circumstance, the guy not playing simply makes your team better.

coastal
10-24-2013, 08:01 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eCjdxL1uoSo/Tr8ZRlh59QI/AAAAAAAAGd8/VhsjRniZxJI/s500/Lucic-Hit-Miller-Animation.gif
hahahahahahaha!

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 08:02 AM
I didn't see it that way at all. Scott was late to make the hit on the body- he knew he couldn't make a clean hit on time so he reached out for whatever he could get- it looked like he was going for the chest but got head too- partly as a result of being so big and partly as a result of being a sloppy out- of- control skater.

Again, worthy of a penalty because players are responsible for being in control and not hitting opponents in the head. But Scott was lining him up for the bit and I just don't think Scott has the reflexes or body control to just suddenly change and go for the head.

And I'm not using "they do it too." I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the reaction by Boston fans.

I agree he does not have the control to suddenly change. I think that was his intent all along.

And if King is being a hypocrite (and he was/is wrong when he says that hit was not dirty), so what?

Coastal is not a Bruins fan. Nor did he defend the hit.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 08:04 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eCjdxL1uoSo/Tr8ZRlh59QI/AAAAAAAAGd8/VhsjRniZxJI/s500/Lucic-Hit-Miller-Animation.gif
hahahahahahaha!

Gee, when I posted stuff in the Spin Zone that you thought was an intent to get Spartacus and Blondie riled and instigate something, you threw a great, big huge homo fit.......................

The King
10-24-2013, 08:06 AM
FYI I am not sure I ever said the hit on Miller was clean. I am pretty sure I said it was ridiculous that no one went after him.

coastal
10-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Gee, when I posted stuff in the Spin Zone that you thought was an intent to get Spartacus and Blondie riled and instigate something, you threw a great, big huge homo fit.......................
Go hump your wool coat.

OpIv37
10-24-2013, 08:07 AM
And btw- Milbury roasted the whole organization for this hit? Even if it was intentional, it's one action by one player.

The entire organization needs to be roasted for utter incompetence over a decade, not for one fleeting moment.

coastal
10-24-2013, 08:09 AM
And btw- Milbury roasted the whole organization for this hit? Even if it was intentional, it's one action by one player.

The entire organization needs to be roasted for utter incompetence over a decade, not for one fleeting moment.
Is your problem the roast or that Milbury was the one delivering it?

OpIv37
10-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Is your problem the roast or that Milbury was the one delivering it?

I don't know anything about Milbury so it's not about him.

My point is that the Sabres have done a million things wrong and this one is near the bottom of the list as far as where organizational criticism is deserved.

OpIv37
10-24-2013, 08:18 AM
First off I am not up in arms about this. I expect this crap from Scott, I am not the least bit surprised. He was put out there to make something happen and this is the only type of thing he can make happen. As for the Lucic hit, there's still bad blood between the organizations about that hit, I get it. But Lucic is a top line forward, he's scored 30 goals, he plays 15mins a game. It's a different scenario than a guy who plays 120 seconds a game, and goes after top line guys.

Lucic also answered the call. He's readily available to answer the call for all his actions, no one wants to go after Scott because the Sabres win in every circumstance, the guy not playing simply makes your team better.
No doubt Lucic is far more valuable to a team than Scott.

The only reason Scott's presence is tolerated is because this team was such a giant bunch of vaginas for so long. Kaleta instigates but doesn't fight. Peters fought but usually lost, and in between all we had was Goose and Mair. No one else would throw down or stand up for anyone.

And even Goose pussied out against Lucic on the Miller hit- I was a big fan of his before that.

But Scott's the last of a dying breed- the old skool goon. Most of them died out after the '03 lockout but a few survived. He's pretty much the last one.

And the fact that he is still on he active roster says something about the lack of options this team has at the moment. And that pathetic situation is why they should be roasted- not one hit by a goon.

coastal
10-24-2013, 08:19 AM

My point is that the Sabres have done a million things wrong and this one is near the bottom of the list as far as where organizational criticism is deserved.
I get that.. and agree.

but last night was pure Mickey Mouse. I've never seen worse from the Sabres.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 08:20 AM

What is this no response crap. McQuaid went after him immediately. What do you want? To go after one of the other Sabres that didn't do anything? That is what is wrong with hockey. Not responding is what the Sabres waited a year to do with Lucic.

This false crap that Scott shouldn't be on an NHL roster is just that, crap. He is on a roster because virtually every team has one of these guys on their roster, to so something about cheap shots when they happen. I do agree that these guys shouldn't be on the rosters, but when you have guys with marginal NHL talent that play dirty like Neil, Cook, Kaleta, etc. you want someone on your roster to give them pause. The NHL doesn't do anything against some of these guys for some unknown reason.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 08:21 AM

It is much more than one hit. The hit itself is a symptom of the disease.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 08:23 AM
What is this no response crap. McQuaid went after him immediately. What do you want? To go after one of the other Sabres that didn't do anything? That is what is wrong with hockey. Not responding is what the Sabres waited a year to do with Lucic.

This false crap that Scott shouldn't be on an NHL roster is just that, crap. He is on a roster because virtually every team has one of these guys on their roster, to so something about cheap shots when they happen. I do agree that these guys shouldn't be on the rosters, but when you have guys with marginal NHL talent that play dirty like Neil, Cook, Kaleta, etc. you want someone on your roster to give them pause. The NHL doesn't do anything against some of these guys for some unknown reason.

Teams have players like McCormick and Kaleta - players that can mix it up, but also can play the game at least some level. They might not be very good, but they do have the ability to do something besides stumble over ice.

Guys like Scott, whom are pure thugs, are quite rare

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 08:24 AM

BS Doc. The puck was barely gone when he hit him. The reason it looks worse is because of the size difference. The no hitting a goalie has ALWAYS been a rule.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Teams have players like McCormick and Kaleta - players that can mix it up, but also can play the game at least some level. They might not be very good, but they do have the ability to do something besides stumble over ice.

I wouldn't say rare. I like McCormik a lot more because he doesn't seem to always look for the big hit like Kaleta who constantly puts himeself at risk of a dirty hit.

And the NHL loves these players, otherwise they would throw out players for fighting every time.

The King
10-24-2013, 08:27 AM

Ding ding. I can't think of another. Perfectly said.

Scott has 187 games and 5 points.

In 145 games Tuukka Rask has 4 points.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 08:32 AM
BS Doc. The puck was barely gone when he hit him. The reason it looks worse is because of the size difference. The no hitting a goalie has ALWAYS been a rule.

Lucic also did not deliver a flying elbow to a guy's head. The puck being there is not the big thing.

And yes - it always has been a rule. I did not dispute that.

trapezeus
10-24-2013, 08:35 AM
i think milbury making the call is hard to stomach. i didn't see scott's hit yet, only heard about it.

but he's useless. the goon the sabre need are a couple more ott's. people who can skate and score like 8-15 goals a season and play agressive. not an old rob ray type where you dress them 4 games a season to send a message to the teams you hate the most. other teams don't have that guy. they have complete teams.

maybe we should be a bunch of european skill players who want to dangle the puck all night long instead of going to the boards hard, getting the puck and then getting in front of the net.

and lastly, i really thought the dancing at center ice was going to save the season. BOY was i wrong.

no, seriously, lastly, the bruins suck.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Lucic also did not deliver a flying elbow to a guy's head. The puck being there is not the big thing.

And yes - it always has been a rule. I did not dispute that.

Flying elbow? Really?! It was a shoulder and was reckless, but let's not give Scott credit for having the skills of a figure skater. You can't say he is a goon with marginal talent who can barely skate and then give him credit for a "flying elbow" to the head of a player skating across his body. Much better skaters don't have that precision. Unless he has been masking this unbelievable skating and body control that only some of you know about.

Plus, please dispense with the intent stuff too. His intent was clearly to deliver a big hit, to say anything else is dishonest.

I really don't know, has Scott ever been suspended before? Has he ever been accused of delivering a dirty hit like this before? While I believe he will definitely be suspended for the bad hit to the head, they DO take into account a players history and I don't really know if he has ever done anything like this before.

The King
10-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Flying elbow? Really?! It was a shoulder and was reckless, but let's not give Scott credit for having the skills of a figure skater. You can't say he is a goon with marginal talent who can barely skate and then give him credit for a "flying elbow" to the head of a player skating across his body. Much better skaters don't have that precision. Unless he has been masking this unbelievable skating and body control that only some of you know about.

Plus, please dispense with the intent stuff too. His intent was clearly to deliver a big hit, to say anything else is dishonest.

I really don't know, has Scott ever been suspended before? Has he ever been accused of delivering a dirty hit like this before? While I believe he will definitely be suspended for the bad hit to the head, they DO take into account a players history and I don't really know if he has ever done anything like this before.

I dont think he's been suspended before but I believe he has had a hearing or two.

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Why respond? They get nothing out of it. Why take the risk of injuring one of their players going after some Sabre?

What does it prove if a Bruin goes after a guy like Brian Flynn or Cody Hodgson?

B-I-N-G-O!!!!

The Bruins were already looking ahead to their big game tonight against the Sharks.

There will be plenty of time later this year to settle the score.

Unfortunately Vanek's days in Buffalo are numbered so the Bruins will target another skilled player.

Anyone saying it was not a late hit is an idiot.

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2013, 09:12 AM
The puck was barely gone when he hit him.

Wrong.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Wrong.

NOPE

trapezeus
10-24-2013, 09:50 AM
i've seen the hit. i've seen bigger name players give that hit and not get a penalty in the game. it isn't vicious. it isn't graceful either. but if that hit gets scott off the team and rolston and darcy fired, that hit was the best thing to happen to us since hasek.

The King
10-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Just saw this on Twitter.
If NHL really wanted to punish John Scott and Sabres they'd force Ron Rolston to play him 20 mins a night for next 10-15 gms

gebobs
10-24-2013, 10:42 AM

I think Milbury's point is that it is emblematic of the franchise's decline.

That being said, I'll weigh in on the hit. It deserved a penalty and maybe deserves a game or two. That's it. It wasn't malicious IMHO. It was a bit late, but not egregiously so.

Scott's a bum. The sooner he's off the team, the better.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Mike Milbury calling out a GM for being bad is like Dick Jauron calling out a football coach for being unemotional. I know Milbury is right about the GM, but how the hell would he know what a bad GM is?

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 11:01 AM
NBC should have known the Sabres were going to be a train wreck this year and not scheduled so many games with them, especially early.

Uncle Jesse
10-24-2013, 11:24 AM
The Sabres are the laughing stock of the NHL, and a complete joke.

Meathead
10-24-2013, 11:43 AM
wasnt a late hit, you see players every night make hits with that kind of timing. but it was irresponsible. you have to be sure you can initiate contact with the body and with eriksonns head low and leading his posture like that scott needed to pull up

dont think it was at all intentional, just a bad poorly executed check. scott is a monster fighter and isnt a very good hockey player but hes not dirty

i dont think its any coincidence at all that theres been problems with irresponsible hits in the nhl ever since lucic cheap shotted miller and got absolutely nothing. in one of the most bizarrer scenarios in professional sports history, shanahan actually justified not suspending lucic because he determined lucics intent by 'asking him'. lindy was right, shanahan declared open season on not only goalies but everybody else. if youre not willing to continue the traditional protection of goalies like its always been, then youre essentially giving a green light to try to pull whatever crap you can against anybody out there

they are just going to have to keep issuing longer and longer suspensions until guys realize you CAN NOT hit the head no matter what your intentions were. and you sure as fk dont make decisions bc you asked a guy what he intended when he blatently blasts a defenseless goalie

Meathead
10-24-2013, 11:46 AM
and fwiw, this furor over scotts hit is being blown way out of proportion simply bc the sabres product on the ice sucks so epically bad. if the team was 9-1 instead of 1-9 it would have been scott suspended for a few games, next issue. this idea that the whole sabres organization is responsible is ridonkulis. it was one bad check, give the guy a few games, and move on

coastal
10-24-2013, 11:56 AM
and fwiw, this furor over scotts hit is being blown way out of proportion simply bc the sabres product on the ice sucks so epically bad. if the team was 9-1 instead of 1-9 it would have been scott suspended for a few games, next issue. this idea that the whole sabres organization is responsible is ridonkulis. it was one bad check, give the guy a few games, and move on
They aren't 9-1. they are 1-9 and instead of focusing on hockey skills, team play and getting back into a winnable game...

we we get John Scott wrecking a real hockey player.

that ended the game for the Sabres.

Period.

Trying to compartmentalize this hit into a single incident without trying to view the larger story is intellectually dishonest and shows a healthy lack of understanding for the game of hockey and the organizational dynamics that go into building a winner.

JATMtheJATM
10-24-2013, 12:01 PM
NBC should have known the Sabres were going to be a train wreck this year and not scheduled so many games with them, especially early.

they had to. buffalo is always in the top 3 of ratings of nationally televised games, and thats almost always when the sabres ARENT involved in the game. so they schedule alot of sabre games because they know the sabres (despite their current state) are one of the more popular teams in the NHL.

JATMtheJATM
10-24-2013, 12:02 PM
as for john scott. the longer the suspension, the better. why is he taking up a spot in the line up when a kid like larsson could be getting time?

OpIv37
10-24-2013, 12:23 PM
as for john scott. the longer the suspension, the better. why is he taking up a spot in the line up when a kid like larsson could be getting time?

Because the only other tough guys we have are Kaleta and McCormick, and Kaleta is suspended. You could argue Ott, but now that he has the C/A, he needs to be a bit more diplomatic.

Basically this team is a bunch of pansies without him.

coastal
10-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Because the only other tough guys we have are Kaleta and McCormick, and Kaleta is suspended. You could argue Ott, but now that he has the C/A, he needs to be a bit more diplomatic.

You don't build a tough team by signing goons.

this falls straight into the lap of the douche who built this steaming mound of muff excrement.

OpIv37
10-24-2013, 12:26 PM

this falls straight into the lap of the douche who built this steaming mound of muff excrement.
No argument there.

The King
10-24-2013, 12:28 PM

Or by holding a roster spot for a guy who's a liability. If you're rebuilding why would you take a young developing player out of the lineup for Scott?

coastal
10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Or by holding a roster spot for a guy who's a liability. If you're rebuilding why would you take a young developing player out of the lineup for Scott?
No ****...

JATMtheJATM
10-24-2013, 12:50 PM

you have a point, but it doesnt matter how soft this team is now. id rather have larsson and grigs getting time and learning then sitting in the pressbox. if you arent going to play them, send them to where they will be played. (risto)

The King
10-24-2013, 12:52 PM
you have a point, but it doesnt matter how soft this team is now. id rather have larsson and grigs getting time and learning then sitting in the pressbox. if you arent going to play them, send them to where they will be played. (risto)

Also if you're only going to win 1 out of ten games teams aren't really interested in roughing you up.

Rockstar
10-24-2013, 02:21 PM

well?

What are you rambling about? You are actually stretching this to the point you are implying Rolston was "worried about getting Scott playing time?" Rolston was rolling his lines against the Boston Bruins. So we should have benched our first line center and not shifted Scott against a big strong team. Awesome analysis.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 02:23 PM
What are you rambling about? You are actually stretching this to the point you are implying Rolston was "worried about getting Scott playing time?" Rolston was rolling his lines against the Boston Bruins. So we should have benched our first line center and not shifted Scott against a big strong team. Awesome analysis.

No - there is no reason to play Scott when the score is 4-2 and there is 14 minutes left in the game, especially a game that the Sabres were (until that point) competitive.

Rockstar
10-24-2013, 02:38 PM
No - there is no reason to play Scott when the score is 4-2 and there is 14 minutes left in the game, especially a game that the Sabres were (until that point) competitive.

Your opinion, I disagree. My reasons? This team isn’t looking to make the playoffs or even beat the Boston Bruins in my opinion. What they are doing is building a young team and teaching them how to be men in the league. Scott has a purpose in that he is a 100% effort guy who does his job. There are young guys that are learning how to be pros. Ice time isn’t awarded to the kids simply because they are more talented. If this team had five, six wins, I think the priorities would be different. For instance winning. Right now I believe rolling lines and teaching the kids their place is more important. </SPAN>

coastal
10-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Rolling his lines? Wtf is this... house league?

DetDannyWilliams
10-24-2013, 02:53 PM
:wail:!

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Your opinion, I disagree. My reasons? This team isn’t looking to make the playoffs or even beat the Boston Bruins in my opinion. What they are doing is building a young team and teaching them how to be men in the league. Scott has a purpose in that he is a 100% effort guy who does his job. There are young guys that are learning how to be pros. Ice time isn’t awarded to the kids simply because they are more talented. If this team had five, six wins, I think the priorities would be different. For instance winning. Right now I believe rolling lines and teaching the kids their place is more important. </SPAN>

They won't learn their place from an untalented player like Scott. What are they learning from him?

If you want them to learn from a hard worker then use Matt Ellis and not Scott.

Teaching them that the way to play the game is not even try to win is so illogical I don't even know where to start.

The King
10-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Ericcson is out indefinitely. Concussion.

coastal
10-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Ridiculous.

Rockstar
10-24-2013, 03:18 PM
They won't learn their place from an untalented player like Scott. What are they learning from him?

If you want them to learn from a hard worker then use Matt Ellis and not Scott.

Teaching them that the way to play the game is not even try to win is so illogical I don't even know where to start.

I didn't mean to imply they are being taught NOT to win, rather that winning isn't the whole picture with a team like this. I do like your point about Matt Ellis though.

YankeeInRaleigh
10-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Tough **** for Boston...I don't like the hit, but I could give a **** about the bruins. Have you guys all forgotten we still owe them a debt of pain?

DetDannyWilliams
10-24-2013, 04:04 PM
compare Scott hit to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0g6YlJRwaU I don't see what the difference is!, it's the same type of hit! the NHL is watering this league down just the the NFL is doing.

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Tough **** for Boston...I don't like the hit, but I could give a **** about the bruins. Have you guys all forgotten we still owe them a debt of pain?

There is a back to back in November. The Sabres should get their vaginas ready.

rbochan
10-24-2013, 04:49 PM
"Police today said they have charged Milbury with assault and battery on a child, threats to commit a crime and disorderly conduct in connection with his alleged verbal and physical attack on a 12-year-old boy during a pee-wee exhibition hockey game last Friday night at the town-owned Larz Anderson Rink in Brookline."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/nbc-analyst-mike-milbury-charged-with-assaulting-child?urn=nhl,wp20037

trapezeus
10-24-2013, 05:01 PM
which means scott didn't even do the job we wanted him to do, which is put people out permanently ;-)

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
December 19th and 21st.

trapezeus
10-24-2013, 05:04 PM
compare Scott hit to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0g6YlJRwaU I don't see what the difference is!, it's the same type of hit! the NHL is watering this league down just the the NFL is doing.

the difference being that scott's elbow does move up a little. i would compare this to the hit ottawa (i think it was neil) put on drury. The above was straight on hit. the neil hit and this was from the side and then the elbow comes up a touch.

Downinfloflo
10-24-2013, 05:33 PM
The day the Sabres signed Scott, and the fans were jumping up and down with glee, I said you will soon hate his ass.....Well told ya.....LOL

JATMtheJATM
10-24-2013, 06:19 PM
i dont hate scott at all. i just dont see the value of playing him most games.

Rockstar
10-24-2013, 06:35 PM
I still love having Scott on the bench. He is not a dirty player and had has no history of this type of conduct. He will be back and fulfill his role of scaring the **** out of other teams and preventing them from applying hits on our players such as the one Lucic applied to Miller.

Downinfloflo
10-24-2013, 06:52 PM
I still love having Scott on the bench. He is not a dirty player and had has no history of this type of conduct. He will be back and fulfill his role of scaring the **** out of other teams and preventing them from applying hits on our players such as the one Lucic applied to Miller.

No one is afraid to play the Buffalo Sabres....His presence don't change anything.

Skooby
10-24-2013, 07:36 PM
In losing efforts who cares ??

coastal
10-24-2013, 08:32 PM
And the B's won the game with 0.8 seconds left because they focused on HOCKEY.

JATMtheJATM
10-24-2013, 08:40 PM
No one is afraid to play the Buffalo Sabres....His presence don't change anything.

no not right now. soon enough.

Rockstar
10-25-2013, 02:45 AM

Hey spin master, I said scared to be reckless physically on the ice. Not anything about winning and loosing.

coastal
10-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Hey spin master, I said scared to be reckless physically on the ice. Not anything about winning and loosing.
Are u arguing for the ****s and giggles?

Dr. Lecter
10-25-2013, 07:46 AM

All I care about is winning and losing

Skooby
10-25-2013, 07:49 AM
All I care about is winning and losing

That's the bottom line.

Downinfloflo
10-25-2013, 03:20 PM

I'm no spin master...It's just every thing you post is about 'FEELINGS'...

It's not my fault your an emotional buffoon.

Rockstar
10-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Are u arguing for the ****s and giggles?

Partly, yes, and partly in response to non-Sabres fans talking about the Sabres.

Rockstar
10-25-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm no spin master...It's just every thing you post is about 'FEELINGS'...

It's not my fault your an emotional buffoon.

Sports are predominantly about emotions..I'm not getting paid to play or coach, therefore my role in the scheme of things is to be emotionally invested. I don't run from that like costal does. I'm able to endure the pain and hope for the rewards.

coastal
10-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Sports are predominantly about emotions..I'm not getting paid to play or coach, therefore my role in the scheme of things is to be emotionally invested. I don't run from that like costal does. I'm able to endure the pain and hope for the rewards.
So being a drama queen is the point of being a fan?

JATMtheJATM
10-26-2013, 01:12 PM

part of rockstars problem hes having, and this is my opinion, is non sabres fans coming to a sabres forum to kick sabres fans while we are down. i like spiked and flo flo, but i get annoyed by that too. its not that they arent speaking the truth in some cases, its just the joy they get while kicking us while we are down.

just my opinion.

coastal
10-26-2013, 01:59 PM
part of rockstars problem hes having, and this is my opinion, is non sabres fans coming to a sabres forum to kick sabres fans while we are down. i like spiked and flo flo, but i get annoyed by that too. its not that they arent speaking the truth in some cases, its just the joy they get while kicking us while we are down.

just my opinion.
Go back and read what you just wrote.

once you're done... please turn in your man-card along with Rockstar's.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2013, 02:40 PM

just my opinion.

I had no interest in anything Sabres here until I started reading the glee of some of the Sabres fans to Scott's hit causing Erikson's concussion. Once I saw that, I became interested in reminding Sabre fans what a piece of crap the Sabres have been, are and will probably always will be.

rbochan
10-26-2013, 04:18 PM
http://sabreshockeycentral.com/2013/10/25/the-nhl-the-national-hypocrisy-league/

swiper
10-26-2013, 05:38 PM
I had no interest in anything Sabres here until I started reading the glee of some of the Sabres fans to Scott's hit causing Erikson's concussion. Once I saw that, I became interested in reminding Sabre fans what a piece of crap the Sabres have been, are and will probably always will be.

Besides the fact I always liked Louie Eriksson.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Besides the fact I always liked Louie Eriksson.

If he drools for the rest of his life, you still liking him?

The Sabres are a bloody disgrace right now.

Change it!

Rockstar
10-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Go back and read what you just wrote.

once you're done... please turn in your man-card along with Rockstar's.

Please, no weakness here. Only strength in standing behind my team through thick and thin, even when I criticize them. Speaking of man cards, didn't you forfeit yours when you announced on the range that your pussy hurt so you were no longer a Bills fan?

You should probably check yo self before you wreck yo self : )

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the groan button when you need one...

coastal
10-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Where is the groan button when you need one...
In your purse?

:idunno:

JATMtheJATM
10-27-2013, 12:05 PM

uh, the bruins? i mean, if we wanna talk about pieces of crap, scotts hit was childs play compared to the hit chara put on pacioretty 2 years ago.

you can call scott a piece of crap all you want, but as a bruins fan, you should hold off making such statements.

Rockstar
10-27-2013, 10:56 PM
In your purse?

:idunno:

no, no that bulge under my shirt is something completely different..

Rockstar
10-27-2013, 10:58 PM
uh, the bruins? i mean, if we wanna talk about pieces of crap, scotts hit was childs play compared to the hit chara put on pacioretty 2 years ago.

you can call scott a piece of crap all you want, but as a bruins fan, you should hold off making such statements.

He knows that, he is just stirring the pot. He is like John Scott in that he has a limited role and isn't respected by many, but his job is important none-the-less