• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Mike Milbury just roasted the whole Sabres organization

...for the Scott hit.

called for Scott to be sent packing... Said Rolston was in over his head and should be fired... can't believe how far this organization has fallen. The B's didn't even respond to the hit... why... because it was total bush league.

I don't blame Phil Kessel for swinging his stick at his ankles. The only thing I blame him for is that he didn't break his ankles.

so ashamed of this team... especially the night after having my own kid meet John Tucker.

btw... There is a team roster plaque in the rink's sitting foyer. Team executive President of hockey operations, GM and head coach was Scotty Bowman. Top to bottom it was a great hockey organization.

its absolute **** right now.

for those rooting for this to bottom out... well congratulations! This is he bottom... and it has nothing to do with hockey.
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: Mike Milbury just roasted the whole Sabres organization

Well it is Mike Milbury, one of the biggest hypocrites in hockey. He also single handedly ruined the islanders as their GM. Milbury is and has always been a piece of ****.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
      Well it is Mike Milbury, one of the biggest hypocrites in hockey. He also single handedly ruined the islanders as their GM. Milbury is and has always been a piece of ****.
      In this case... he was absolutely correct.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Rolston needs a pink slip.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Peter Laviolette

Comment

• Rockstar
            Zone Bartender
            • Jul 2013

Whatever. It was a shoulder to chest hit by a guy who was huge vs a guy who had his head down. Milbury? What a douche hypocrite. Anyone remember this?

Police today said they have charged Milbury with assault and battery on a child, threats to commit a crime and disorderly conduct in connection with his alleged verbal and physical attack on a 12-year-old boy during a pee-wee exhibition hockey game last Friday night at the town-owned Larz Anderson Rink in Brookline.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

How can people defend Scott, how are these instances still just unlucky?
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The King View Post
                Anyone defending Scott and this organization doesn't understand hockey... at all.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Wasn't unlucky, it was a bad hit and he got him in the head. He should have made an effort to get his whole body. It was NOT late as others like to say since he had just gotten rid of the puck. This is because it is John Scott, who while he is pretty much only a fighter does not have a history of doing this.

And I am not a Rolston apologist, but blaming the coach for the actions of the player is just stupid.

I would keep Scott on this roster of Kaleta though IMO. Kaleta, while a much better hockey player, will hurt them more on reputation alone.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Scott is a thug and is not even a player capable of playing in the AHL.

It is in a embarrassment that he is on the Sabres roster. It is even a bigger embarrassment that he was put on the ice in a game that was still able to be won. It is an embarrassment that Rolston can't control his team and will soon have two players that are on long term suspension. It is an embarrassment that "Big Bad John" was played after a player was hit with a filthy hit and was being helped off the ice.

Right now, not only is this team not competitive with the rest of the NHL, they have no class and are a laughing stock.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

When Hodgson is out there skating circles instead of attacking the puck... and Rolston is apparently more worried about getting Scott playing time in a winnable game...

well?

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

I do disagree with Milbury in the sense that I think the Bruins shouldve responded. I feel like the fact that no one goes after Scott gives the Sabres this false sense of security.

But let's face it suspending Scott is absolutely no loss to the Sabres. They easily have AHL players who can step in and play better defense.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

I do disagree with Milbury in the sense that I think the Bruins shouldve responded. I feel like the fact that no one goes after Scott gives the Sabres this false sense of security.

But let's face it suspending Scott is absolutely no loss to the Sabres. They easily have AHL players who can step in and play better defense.
                          Sometimes offenses speak for themselves. A response only gives the act validity.

this is clearly one of those situations.

scott is getting 10 games and Rolston should get another fine.

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            Sometimes offenses speak for themselves. A response only gives the act validity.

this is clearly one of those situations.

scott is getting 10 games and Rolston should get another fine.
                            I dont think he'll get ten. I think somewhere between 4-6. I think a fine to Rolston is valid though.
                            It was all

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Why respond? They get nothing out of it. Why take the risk of injuring one of their players going after some Sabre?

What does it prove if a Bruin goes after a guy like Brian Flynn or Cody Hodgson?
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X