Major IF - what kind of team are we IF we beat the Saints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Major IF - what kind of team are we IF we beat the Saints?

This mostly for the "realists" out there - and lets not get confused, I am not delusional and I dont expect us to win.

However, IF we beat the Saints this weekend, what does that mean for us? Do you expect us to have a shot at all?

HINT: Fluke win is not an acceptable answer. The Saints are legit. If we find some way to beat the Saints, i think we are closer to being a legitimate team and playoff contender than many of the realists on here would like to admit.

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Major IF - what kind of team are we IF we beat the Saints?

It wouldnt change my impression of the team at all. We're a young team with a lot of fight, moving in the right direction. That's it. Nothing more.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

1-2 in the div, 2-4 in the conf.

A win would show an improving team and be a big morale boost, but an NFC win doesn't go nearly as far to dig us out of this hole.

The season is still training camp for next year and playoffs are highly, highly unlikely. A win is a strong sign that we are ahead of schedule on rebuilding, but it's too little, too late for 2013.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

I would probably owe it to the Sanits having an off day. It would be a glitch that only weakens the draft for Buffalo.
        I would love a win... no doubt but the reality is... If a win happens it is flukey.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          1-2 in the div, 2-4 in the conf.

A win would show an improving team and be a big morale boost, but an NFC win doesn't go nearly as far to dig us out of this hole.

The season is still training camp for next year and playoffs are highly, highly unlikely. A win is a strong sign that we are ahead of schedule on rebuilding, but it's too little, too late for 2013.
          Fair enough. What I'm getting at are those who say we're nothing more than a 3 to 4 win team, max. I think we're better than that anyways and have since the beginning, but a win against the Saints would, in my mind, completely destroy any of those theories that we're still a crappy team in a downward spiral.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sukie View Post
            I would probably owe it to the Sanits having an off day. It would be a glitch that only weakens the draft for Buffalo.
            I would love a win... no doubt but the reality is... If a win happens it is flukey.
            This is garbage.

Comment

• Thief
              • Sep 2009

SB CHAMPS or die attitude would kick into effect!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Thief View Post
                SB CHAMPS or die attitude would kick into effect!
                Some may go into that mode. Im just trying to convey the idea that if we can pull off a win this weekend (and even if we dont) we have a fairly strong team who isnt quite there yet.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
                  This is garbage.

You really think that by winning in NO the Bills are a contender and legit?

Comment

• IAG
                    • Jan 2005

We win the division if we win vs. New Orleans

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      You really think that by winning in NO the Bills are a contender and legit?
                      I think it shows without question we're headed in the right direction. I know this whole reading thing is tough for some, my original post stated:

"If we find some way to beat the Saints, i think we are closer to being a legitimate team and playoff contender than many of the realists on here would like to admit."

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

2 years is closer than 3... I agree. I would be more interested in the outcome of the Saints game at home. Beating a powerhouse defense would be more eye opening

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

I would increase my hopes to 8-8 rather than 6-10. They would have to win this game, then the Chiefs and Steelers game as well before I began to entertain a possible playoff birth.
                          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

If we win we're a .500 team..........and I'm booking myself to the sb.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

Let's be clear on something, the NFC South is mediocre. The Saints are the only team over 0.500 and we don't really know how good they are. Their five wins come against opponents with combined 12-20 record and only Chicago is over 0.500...and barely at that. The Saints lost a close one to the Pats in Foxboro that they should have won, but then this is not a dominant New England team.

Yeah, it'll be a huge upset if the Bills win, but but but I have a glimmer of hope.
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X