PDA

View Full Version : guess the length of John Scott's suspension

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 11:06 AM
I think he deserves at least a game or two because it was a bad hit. But as some others have stated before, if this were any other player delivering it (with the exception of Kaleta) he might get only a game. But seeing as how it is John Scott and the type of player he is, the league will want to appear to "come down hard" on him. Plus, the league's affinity with the Sabres will come into it as well.

I say he will get 5 games. But I would not be surprised with more.

coastal
10-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Scott - 5
Rolston - 3

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 11:39 AM
If Rolston gets another fine or suspension, this league will become an even bigger joke than it already is.

coastal
10-24-2013, 11:44 AM
If Rolston gets another fine or suspension, this league will become an even bigger joke than it already is.
Mkay

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2013, 11:44 AM
10 games plus a fine for Rolston.

JATMtheJATM
10-24-2013, 12:03 PM
6 games. wish it was longer.

The King
10-24-2013, 12:27 PM
6-8 and a fine for the coach.

JATMtheJATM
10-24-2013, 12:51 PM
indefinitely, for now.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2013, 05:18 PM
since when do coaches get fined for putting a player on the ice? And not for a fight.

Rockstar
10-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Mkay

Why in Gods name should Rolston be fined let alone suspended? I'm dying to hear this response...

Rockstar
10-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Brad Stuart, Alexander Edler, and a few other received three games for head hits this season. That means simply because Scott is a “big scary guy” he will receive 5 games. </SPAN>

SkateZilla
10-31-2013, 04:57 PM
7 Games is the Official Sentence.

JATMtheJATM
10-31-2013, 04:59 PM
if he comes back and plays on grigs wing, im gonna freak out.

DetDannyWilliams
10-31-2013, 05:00 PM
can't wait to see Milbury foam at the mouth like a ribid animal about this :lol:

DetDannyWilliams
10-31-2013, 05:10 PM
"Although this is not an elbow to the head, the follow-through that occurs after contact indicates to us a significant amount of force delivered on this illegal check to the head," NHL director of player safety Brendan Shanahan said, adding that because Eriksson's positioning didn't change before the hit, the onus was on Scott to avoid it.
Further, Shanahan noted that Scott, at 6'8, is indeed a physical player who hadn't been suspended previously in his career—and used that clean record as proof that Scott's size doesn't make illegal contact inevitable. http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2013-10-31/john-scott-suspension-video-loui-eriksson-bruins-sabres

coastal
10-31-2013, 05:37 PM
So when do we cut him?

OpIv37
11-01-2013, 10:01 AM
I still don't see how 7 games is justifiable, especially for a guy who has never been disciplined before. He's basically paying the price for Kaleta and Rolston's reputations.

Remember Whose Line is it, Anyway? After each game, the host would arbitrarily assign points based on absolutely nothing, then at the end a winner was declared. I swear that's what Shanaban does with these suspensions. He just slaps a random number on it then talks out of his ass trying to defend it.

The King
11-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Eriksson is still out FYI.

OpIv37
11-01-2013, 10:07 AM
So when do we cut him?

If they haven't cut Kaleta for four suspensions in two years, they aren't going to cut Scott for one suspension.

I do think this hastens Scott's demise though. He was already a dinosaur- the last of a dying breed of pure goons with no discernible hockey ability. Now he's a marked man, and he'll start getting whistled for every hit and suspended for crap that wouldn't even be a minor penalty for someone with a name like Chara or Subban. Whatever little use he had will be quickly nullified because of this.

Dr. Lecter
11-01-2013, 10:08 AM
If they haven't cut Kaleta for four suspensions in two years, they aren't going to cut Scott for one suspension.

I do think this hastens Scott's demise though. He was already a dinosaur- the last of a dying breed of pure goons with no discernible hockey ability. Now he's a marked man, and he'll start getting whistled for every hit and suspended for crap that wouldn't even be a minor penalty for someone with a name like Chara or Subban. Whatever little use he had will be quickly nullified because of this.

There is a big difference in the two. Kaleta is a hockey player.
Scott might literally be the least skilled player in the NHL.

OpIv37
11-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Eriksson is still out FYI.

Shanaban better not take that into account. He certainly didn't when Miller or Gerbe got hit with cheap shots.

OpIv37
11-01-2013, 10:10 AM
There is a big difference in the two. Kaleta is a hockey player.
Scott might literally be the least skilled player in the NHL.

Kaleta had all of one goal last year. He's certainly a better hockey player than Scott, but that's not saying a whole lot. Kaleta's hockey ability could easily be replaced.

Dr. Lecter
11-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Kaleta had all of one goal last year. He's certainly a better hockey player than Scott, but that's not saying a whole lot. Kaleta's hockey ability could easily be replaced.

Kaleta can also do things like kill penalties and skate.

And I am not saying it could not replaced.

John Scott is the worst player in the league. Kaleta is not even close to that.

OpIv37
11-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Kaleta can also do things like kill penalties and skate.

And I am not saying it could not replaced.

John Scott is the worst player in the league. Kaleta is not even close to that.

Yeah well, for some reason Darcy thought Scott has a place on this team. Do you honestly think one suspension is going to change his mind? He probably wasn't going to be resigned in the off-season anyway.

coastal
11-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Hockey is an incredibly difficult sport to play and even harder to excel at. To think one kid who's spent his life hoping for that NHL chance is passed aside for the likes of John Scott or George Parros is more than disappointing to real fans of the game.

Dr. Lecter
11-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Or Colton Orr........

The King
11-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Hockey is an incredibly difficult sport to play and even harder to excel at. To think one kid who's spent his life hoping for that NHL chance is passed aside for the likes of John Scott or George Parros is more than disappointing to real fans of the game.
Comparing Parros and Scott is a huge reach.

coastal
11-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Or Colton Orr........
Hush