PDA

View Full Version : Sit Spiller ??

Victor7
10-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Its been painfully obvious his ankle is still sore and hurting. His speed is not the same and he has trouble making cuts.

Is it time for CJ to sit out a game and let the ankle heal completely ?? Kudos to him for trying to play through this, but it seems in the long run it could end up being worse. Besides that Fred Jackson guy is kinda good and even Choice can do well.

Thoughts ??

Pinkerton Security
10-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Im honestly fine with sitting him. He needs to get healthy before he can be the factor we need him to be.

sukie
10-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Why risk further damage?

bleve
10-24-2013, 02:09 PM
If it needs to heal, give him a rest. I don't think it will matter in this game anyway.

better days
10-24-2013, 02:10 PM
CJ says he feels 10 times better now than he did before the Fins game & he wants to play.

sukie
10-24-2013, 02:11 PM
CJ says he feels 10 times better now than he did before the Fins game & he wants to play.

Of course he says that.

better days
10-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Of course he says that.

WHY would he say that if it were not true???????????????????????????????????????

Mr. Pink
10-24-2013, 02:29 PM
He honestly should have probably been sat during the Cleveland game. He might be 100% now or close if he had.

sukie
10-24-2013, 02:32 PM
WHY would he say that if it were not true???????????????????????????????????????

athletes want to play. (exceptions: Byrd and Derek Rose)

Luisito23
10-24-2013, 02:33 PM
We're more than likely going to lose this game, so why have him do further damage?

It doesn't really matter though because there's no way he sits.

Meathead
10-24-2013, 02:39 PM
play him until he vomits blood

trapezeus
10-24-2013, 02:43 PM
depends on what he looks like in practice. it's been his ankle and then in miami it looked like he pulled up due to a calf.

i'd dress him and do as they did in miami. give it to fred and tashard. and play CJ if he's hurt or if he really did look ok during the warm ups.

stuckincincy
10-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Of course he says that.

Yep. They are called "contract incentive clauses" or some such. Starts, downs, yards, you name it.

jdaltroy5
10-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Good to see you again Vic!

And good to see that we're still on the same page. I said that he should sit in another thread.

He's just note effective at the moment.

DBrown77
10-24-2013, 03:24 PM
If he isnt active do we promote the RB on th PS? If so, who gets the axe?

IlluminatusUIUC
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM

Gamesmanship.

justasportsfan
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM
ON BB.com MArrone might sit him vs. saints

jdaltroy5
10-24-2013, 03:30 PM
If he isnt active do we promote the RB on th PS? If so, who gets the axe?
I would think they would be able to roll with Jackson, Choice, and Summers for one week.

BillsFever21
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
I've been advocating this for the past two weeks. Had we sat him a week or even two if needed then he would be 100% healthy right now. Spiller wouldn't have changed the outcome in the Dolphins game one bit either. He only carried the ball 6 times.

HAMMER
10-24-2013, 03:36 PM
I would love to see him sit this week and come back close to 100% for the Chiefs game..

feldspar
10-24-2013, 04:21 PM
This is not the week to sit Spiller.

We are going to have to be able to run the ball if we have a prayer to win against the Saints, for starters.

The Saints are the worst rush defense in the league in terms of yards per carry, which is the true measuring stick. If he's able to go, you suit him up. Yeah, his ability to make cuts isn't the same, but the guy can still juke and run really fast. He can help this team. Dunno how he's progressing with his ankle, but you play him if at all possible...maybe not as much, but you still play him.

Don't forget that Freddie is hobbled too.

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Hi Victor. I guess Rick finally succeeded in killing off the range. Looks good on the tool.

Sitting Spiller this week makes sense to me.

Victor7
10-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Hi Victor. I guess Rick finally succeeded in killing off the range. Looks good on the tool.

Sitting Spiller this week makes sense to me.

Still a proud member over there. Hope its not frowned upon over here.

Why can't we all be friends ?

Generalissimus Gibby
10-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Its been painfully obvious his ankle is still sore and hurting. His speed is not the same and he has trouble making cuts.

Is it time for CJ to sit out a game and let the ankle heal completely ?? Kudos to him for trying to play through this, but it seems in the long run it could end up being worse. Besides that Fred Jackson guy is kinda good and even Choice can do well.

Thoughts ??

Bench him against the Saints, use sparingly against KC, and put em back in after the bye.

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2013, 05:06 PM

Of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Bench him against the Saints, use sparingly against KC, and put em back in after the bye.

We still have the Steelers and the Jets before the bye.

swiper
10-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Fred Jackson is better. Spiller can pitch relief.

swiper
10-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Still a proud member over there. Hope its not frowned upon over here.

The real reason the Zone is getting more traffic:

The Range is still down and it doesn't look promising.

GvilleBills
10-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Vic!
I think he has to play. Make them game plan for him, and we hit them with the Cerberus attack.

WagonCircler
10-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Why can't we all be friends ? That would be a great question to ask Rick the Psycho.

Good to see you here, Vic!

TigerJ
10-24-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm OK with sitting Spiller. At his present health he's not likely to be a difference maker. Get healthy so he can be a difference maker again.

jamze132
10-25-2013, 09:16 AM
A banged up Spiller is better than a 100% Tashard Choice trying to catch a ball on the run in the flats.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Heard on GR that Spiller may actually be out this week.

feldspar
10-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Heard on GR that Spiller may actually be out this week.

I hope that's all a smokescreen and Spiller is doing better than they are letting on.

Victor7
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I hope that's all a smokescreen and Spiller is doing better than they are letting on.

Doubt it. He's really looked hurt the past 2 weeks. I think he's for sunday.

feldspar
10-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Doubt it. He's really looked hurt the past 2 weeks.

Yeah, he's definitely been hurt...no doubt about that, but that ain't the question. What I'm saying is that maybe he's further on to recovery than what they are letting on. You have Spiller saying he feels better than last week, and you have Marrone saying that he "thinks" Spiller has taken a step back.

I'm saying that I hope it's a smokescreen to keep the Saints guessing, because that sort of thing happens all the time, and that he really WILL play. That's a tactic every team uses, and I hope it applies here.

I think he's for sunday.

Did you leave a keyword out of this sentence? Out or in?

Victor7
10-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Yeah, he's definitely been hurt...no doubt about that, but that ain't the question. What I'm saying is that maybe he's further on to recovery than what they are letting on. You have Spiller saying he feels better than last week, and you have Marrone saying that he "thinks" Spiller has taken a step back.

I'm saying that I hope it's a smokescreen to keep the Saints guessing, because that sort of thing happens all the time, and that he really WILL play. That's a tactic every team uses, and I hope it applies here.

Did you leave a keyword out of this sentence? Out or in?

lol

Yeah. OUT

Meathead
10-25-2013, 12:17 PM
the outside drs are supposed to be there to do a determination whether he can play on the ankle without injuring it further. hes already played on it so unless something has changed it would appear those drs gave him the green light as long as he could stand the pain

so i dont understand why marrone is talking about making a decision based on how good spiller looked, unless he looked worse than he did before. if so then that would make spillers comments to the media a bit of his case why hes trying to convince marrone to let him play

do we know if spiller has looked better/worse in practice compared to the last couple weeks practices?

feldspar
10-25-2013, 12:41 PM
do we know if spiller has looked better/worse in practice compared to the last couple weeks practices?

Spiller hasn't practiced at all this week. I guess they dressed him today, but he did not participate in individual position drills. He's listed as doubtful right now.

Jackson has seen limited practice the past couple of days.

Edward Robinson
10-25-2013, 11:34 PM
They better he careful regarding Fred Jackson. He is one bad hit from hurting his MCL/ACL

Mr. Pink
10-26-2013, 12:23 PM
They better he careful regarding Fred Jackson. He is one bad hit from hurting his MCL/ACL

They probably should just sit both FJax and Spiller this week. Let Choice handle the load this week, he has shown in the past he can handle it, and then re-evaluate both Freddy and CJ Wednesday and see where they're at. If one, or both, is closer to 100% go all out in practice with them for playing next week.

Hopefully with a week of rest both backs or at least one of them is close to healthy for the Chiefs game. Which to me is more important overall than this week's game anyway.

BillsFever21
10-27-2013, 03:16 PM
It's about time they sat him. I've wanted it done for the past two games and had they done it then he would've been healthy by now and our record would be the same. All they did was prolong the injury and possibly make it worse. He wasn't doing us any good coming out of the game after each carry. You know the ankle is bad when he has one touch and needs to come out of the game.