PDA

View Full Version : Something that really bothers me

OpIv37
10-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Is how out of sync the Sabres look.

They can't pass without putting the puck in each other's skates, wide open guys don't look back as the puck sails past them, the top line gets stuck in the zone because of sloppy clearing attempts, etc. They just never seem to have any clue where the other guys are, and the contrast between that and what our opponents are doing is staggering.

Now, I realize that there is a lot of youth on the team, but the top 2 lines are usually:
Vanek-Hogson-Stafford
Foligno-Ennis-Ott

With the exception of Foligno, all of these guys have played on lines together before, and even Foligno has played a bunch of games in Buffalo prior to this year. The youth explanation makes sense for the 3rd and 4th line, but the top two lines are too experienced and too talented to consistently be this out of sync.

Rockstar
10-25-2013, 02:47 AM
Maybe it's all those seasons of Lindy changing the lines every other shift has these guys confused playing with the same line mates. :/

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2013, 05:15 AM
My personal pet peeve is the no look passes that tend to go to the opposition.

trapezeus
10-25-2013, 07:20 AM
totally agree. they look like an adult league rec team out there. passes are in the general spot of a player, but not helpful to make a scoring play. therefore others try to hold the puck a little longer to do something more productive.

this is straight up coaching. rolston sucks.

but the mantra for the sabres is "don't upset darcy". It's ok to piss off the fans, the players, the community, the press. but don't ever upset precious darcy.

SkateZilla
10-25-2013, 04:15 PM
my Adult League Team can beat the Sabres.... with the way they are playing right now.

Rockstar
10-25-2013, 04:49 PM
my Adult League Team can beat the Sabres.... with the way they are playing right now.

:horsecrap

ckg927
10-26-2013, 05:43 AM

I took some heat for saying that a major junior hockey team(i.e. the OHL, Q and WHL)could hang with and likely beat the Sabres right about now. And I STILL believe that.

OpIv37
10-26-2013, 08:22 AM
I took some heat for saying that a major junior hockey team(i.e. the OHL, Q and WHL)could hang with and likely beat the Sabres right about now. And I STILL believe that.

Well roughly a quarter of the roster is about 12 games removed from juniors and at least a quarter is worthless trash, so it's unlikely but not inconceivable, especially the way the guys who are actually talented are just going through the motions.