PDA

View Full Version : 5 Question Fridays

The King
10-25-2013, 07:30 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food?
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty?
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice?
4. How many people live in your city/town?
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what?

SquishDaFish
10-25-2013, 07:35 AM
1 Never
2 pasta
3 sammy
4 couldnt say dont feel like liking it up lol

5 window decal stick figures running from guy in Jason mask words say run you stick bastards

TacklingDummy
10-25-2013, 07:38 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food?6 times a year
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Steak
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Diet Coke, I don't drink and drive
4. How many people live in your city/town? Around 29,000
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? None

sukie
10-25-2013, 07:39 AM
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice?

1. Gave up Chinese food. It all sucks. (That notion came to me after repeatedly feeling like crap after Chinese food and discovering this asian fusion noodle bar).

2. reservations.

3. Back 3 years ago it would have been SA. Now Iced tea.

4.don't know

5. no. Bumper stickers suck

OpIv37
10-25-2013, 07:43 AM

1. Once or twice a month. I'd love to have it more but it's so unhealthy that even that is too much.
2. Chicken on the grill. I can cook a lot of things on the grill (even pizza) but I'm terrible in the kitchen.
3. Guinness, although I generally stick to rum
4. Baltimore city: 621k. Baltimore Metro: 2.7 million. If you count Baltimore-DC as one Metro region: over 9 million. And no that's not a typo.
5.not at the moment. I had a Bills window decal and a sticker from the MMA gym I go to on my old car, but for some reason I never replaced them on my new car, and I've had it for a year and a half.

Pinkerton Security
10-25-2013, 07:46 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? about once a month on hungover Sundays
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? My personal favorite is mac and cheese with ham and a Ritz crumble topping
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Sam seasonal
4. How many people live in your city/town? ~21,000
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? memorial sticker in my back window for a deceased friend

mayotm
10-25-2013, 07:46 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food?6 times a year
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Steak
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Diet Coke, I don't drink and drive
4. How many people live in your city/town? Around 29,000
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? None

No friends and too cheap to pay for a cab.

OpIv37
10-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Also my wife gave me a ND window decal last Christmas. It fell off when I was brushing snow off the car. I distinctly remember picking it up, drying it off and thinking that I'll put it back after I get the car washed, but now I can't find the damn thing.

JoeMama
10-25-2013, 07:50 AM

I RIKKA CHINESE FOOD EVERY DAY PREASE.

Black beans and rice. Sautee some onions, green peppers, and garlic. Then toss in the black beans. Add white wine vinegar, cumin, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, tobasco sauce, and chili powder to taste.

Sam Adams has this really weird aftertaste that I really enjoy.

Close to a million.

Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, and Buffalo Elmwood St.

Bills fans are awesome because I always get thumbs up whenever I commute.

jdaltroy5
10-25-2013, 07:58 AM

1: Don't remember the last time I ate it. I like it but my wife hates it, so we never eat it.
2: BBQ chicken. make my own rub, cook it low and slow and then hit it with the sauce on high heat at the very end.
3: Depends on the time of year. If it's warm out, I'll drink Coors, but otherwise probably Sam Adams.
4: 150k
5: Nope

TacklingDummy
10-25-2013, 08:00 AM
No friends and too cheap to pay for a cab.

Married, no use for bars, I'm 42, not 21. DWI's are not worth it.

I could walk to the bar that's about 5 minutes away and pay $3 per beer or I could just buy a 12 pack for $8 at the store, stay home, drink it in the company of my wife, watching stuff on the DVR.

OpIv37
10-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Married, no use for bars, I'm 42, not 21.

I could walk to the bar that's about 5 minutes away.
So you never go to a restaurant/bar for dinner and order one draft with your food? Or hit a happy hour with co workers or friends after work?

Being at a bar doesn't necessarily mean pounding beers until closing time.

OpIv37
10-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Black beans and rice. Sautee some onions, green peppers, and garlic. Then toss in the black beans. Add white wine vinegar, cumin, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, tobasco sauce, and chili powder to taste.

Bills fans are awesome because I always get thumbs up whenever I commute.

Sounds very Cuban. I don't really like beans but Cuban black beans are great.

And even being 400 miles from Buffalo, I get beeps and thumbs up for the Bills stuff too (I do have a license plate frame).

JoeMama
10-25-2013, 08:08 AM
So you never go to a restaurant/bar for dinner and order one draft with your food? Or hit a happy hour with co workers or friends after work?

Being at a bar doesn't necessarily mean pounding beers until closing time.

Yeah but for some people, having even a single beer leads to complete ruin.

And I think TD works for the NY Dept of Corrections.

Smart move if he avoids bars as a general rule. Especially if you're 42 and married. What's the point?

TacklingDummy
10-25-2013, 08:09 AM

If I go to a restaurant that has a bar I will order Diet Coke if I am driving. Drinking and driving is stupid.
You wouldn't want to drink with my co-workers.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Smart move if he avoids bars as a general rule. Especially if you're 42 and married. What's the point?

Let's say you have 6 beers, you can drive perfectly, your driving home, some kid jumps out in front of you (not your fault) and gets killed, what's going to happen to your life?

It's just not worth it, I value my family and freedom.

JoeMama
10-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Let's say you have 6 beers, you can drive perfectly, your driving home, some kid jumps out in front of you (not your fault) and gets killed, what's going to happen to your life?

It's just not worth it, I value my family and freedom.

Same here.

I won't even tailgate people going 10 under in the left lane because all it does is create legal culpability if he brakes for any reason and I rear end him.

Adding alcohol to the mix is a recipe for disaster.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-25-2013, 08:28 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? Twice a week.
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Baby Ribs. I have mastered it. Just as good as Blue Smoke or RUB as my NYC friends tell me.
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Sam Adams
4. How many people live in your city/town? over a million
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? No. I hate decals. No stickers anywhere (car, fridge, etc.)

OpIv37
10-25-2013, 08:29 AM
If I go to a restaurant that has a bar I will order Diet Coke if I am driving. Drinking and driving is stupid.
You wouldn't want to drink with my co-workers.

Yes drinking and driving is stupid. But having one pint with food then driving home is not drinking and driving.

Skooby
10-25-2013, 08:47 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? Not very often
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Never
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Shocktop
4. How many people live in your city/town? ~120,000 in-season
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? Beach pass good until April 2014

GvilleBills
10-25-2013, 08:51 AM
1. About every other month
2. Smoker or grill grub.
3. Sammy
4. A bunch. Locals and the college kids.
5. Chunky T's Old Fl. BBQ

GvilleBills
10-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Cool thread btw

TacklingDummy
10-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Yes drinking and driving is stupid. But having one pint with food then driving home is not drinking and driving.
If you get in an accident while driving, kill someone, and there is alcohol in your system. It doesn't matter if its a pint or 8 pints, you're screwed.

Uncle Jesse
10-25-2013, 09:08 AM
1. Maybe once a month. I really like it, I should get it more.

2. Something on the grill, a chicken with my own marinade.

3. Coors Light, unless the bud was bud light.

4. 1,232 at the 2010 census

5. NRA sticker in my back window of my truck.

jamze132
10-25-2013, 09:09 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? Monthly
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? BBQ Ribs
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Guiness
4. How many people live in your city/town? ?
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? Nurburgring decal on my tailgate.

Valerie
10-25-2013, 09:14 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? Once every 2 months or so.
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Chicken Divan (chicken, brocolli and cream sauce). It's delicious!
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Water
4. How many people live in your city/town? No idea.
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? I have 3. One says "My Golden Retriever is smarter than your honor roll student." One is the Dallas Cowboys blue star. And one is a paw print.

Victor7
10-25-2013, 09:48 AM
1. Once every 2 months probably
2. Pasta
3. Depends on the mood. Either Guiness or Coors Light
4. 20+ million
5. The Chive

Pinkerton Security
10-25-2013, 10:01 AM
2. Pasta
4. 20+ million
5. The Chive

KCCO! Where do you live that is 20+ million??

Victor7
10-25-2013, 10:03 AM
KCCO! Where do you live that is 20+ million??

KCCO !

Mexico City man. This place is a hot mess

Skooby
10-25-2013, 10:03 AM
If you get in an accident while driving, kill someone, and there is alcohol in your system. It doesn't matter if its a pint or 8 pints, you're screwed. Alcohol was a factor is a thing that gets you sentenced to longer jail terms as well. Saying "Your Honor I wasn't that drunk", isn't quite going to cut it.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Alcohol was a factor is a thing that gets you sentenced to longer jail terms as well. Saying "Your Honor I wasn't that drunk", isn't quite going to cut it.or your honor I only had one.

jdaltroy5
10-25-2013, 11:00 AM
2. Pasta
4. 20+ million
5. The Chive
Oh you're one of those "chivers" eh?

I frequent that site often and it's great, but I find the whole dynamic of the users very, um...interesting.

Victor7
10-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Oh you're one of those "chivers" eh?

I frequent that site often and it's great, but I find the whole dynamic of the users very, um...interesting.

Hey J how are you bro ??

Not exactly a Chiver. Don't really do much of their dynamics since I'm not in the US. I do own a few merchandise and do check out the site daily. The eye candy is staggering.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2013, 11:13 AM

1. Like twice a year, if that.
2. BBQ
3. Sam Adams.
4. 25,000 roughly
5. I have a Kid Rock sticker in the rear window of my 2000 Caravan. It was there when I bought it. Seriously

The King
10-25-2013, 11:16 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? Once every 2 months or so.
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Chicken Divan (chicken, brocolli and cream sauce). It's delicious!
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Water
4. How many people live in your city/town? No idea.
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? I have 3. One says "My Golden Retriever is smarter than your honor roll student." One is the Dallas Cowboys blue star. And one is a paw print.
To all of these things I say gross.

feldspar
10-25-2013, 11:16 AM
A few times a year, which doesn't make sense, since I love it. Never use chopsticks though. Why in the world would you use chopsticks?

I cook a mean steak on the grill. Quality.

If money is not an issue, it's Guinness every single time. Love the stout beer the best...Brilliant! Sam Adams comes in second. Love their Cream Stout, but you won't find that on tap anywhere. Coors Light and Bud is a toss-up, but I would take a Coors (not Light) if that was an option.

Just me...everyone else is a prop.

I have one that says "if you can reading this, you are driving too close"...just kidding. Bumper stickers are gay.

jdaltroy5
10-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Hey J how are you bro ??

Not exactly a Chiver. Don't really do much of their dynamics since I'm not in the US. I do own a few merchandise and do check out the site daily. The eye candy is staggering.
I'm good man, good to see you that ol' familiar confusing avatar.

I meant the online dynamics. Girls send in their pics, guys call them attention whores, but then look at the pics, other guys come in to defend the chicks because they think they are going to score with them.

It's hilarious.

Jaydog57
10-25-2013, 11:33 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food?A couple times a year. I love it, there's just not any Chinese restaurants in my area that aren't a giant buffet loaded with MSG.
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty?Spaghetti or Lasagna with homemade sauce.
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guinness) whats your choice?Not a big fan of beer but I'd go with Guinness.
4. How many people live in your city/town?Around 61,000 people.
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what?No bumper stickers :peace:

bleve
10-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Take out, maybe three times per year. From scratch (Asian: Korean, Thai, etc.) a couple of times/month.

Depends on the time of year. Winter is soup/stew/pasta Summertime = Grillin' (everything) In either case it would depend on what's in season at the Farmers Market.

Find another bar.

64K ish

Window decal of my kid's soccer club (fundraiser). He's now playing in college (scored his first goal while in Hawaii).

Historian
10-25-2013, 12:01 PM

Once a week. Had it today for lunch!

Spaghetti sauce from scratch.

Guiness

Lots?

I have an UnderArmor static cling in one opera window, and an Apple static cling in the other.

Valerie
10-25-2013, 12:46 PM
To all of these things I say gross.

What's gross about my answers? :idunno:

DraftBoy
10-25-2013, 01:08 PM

1. Hate it, so never
2. Lasagna
3. Coors Light I suppose, but I likely ask for a mixed drink instead
4. My town? About 100,000 but my MSA has 6.1 million
5. Hell no

JoeMama
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM
1. Hate it, so never
2. Lasagna
3. Coors Light I suppose, but I likely ask for a mixed drink instead
4. My town? About 100,000 but my MSA has 6.1 million
5. Hell no

What, why?

Jeff1220
10-25-2013, 02:54 PM
I don't

Grilled tuna

Idk, def Samadams or Guinesse depending on mood. Saranac if available.

Managua - approx. 1.5 million

5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car?
"Piensa en Dios" & "Run" where the u is actually a sneaker foot print (it's the logo for Charm City Run in the Baltimore area)

jdaltroy5
10-25-2013, 02:56 PM
What, why?
If I had to take a stab in the dark, it would be that he is a flagrant and unmitigated racist.

DraftBoy
10-25-2013, 03:18 PM
What, why?

Why do I hate Chinese food? Communism.

'Merica!

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to take a stab in the dark, it would be that he is a flagrant and unmitigated racist.

Also true.

Homegrown
10-25-2013, 03:30 PM

1. every 3 - 4 month
2. DATY :hungry:
3. Sam Adams
4. 1,500 - 2,000
5. "If this Vans Rockin' - Don't Bother Knocking" ... and, "Wine Me, Dine Me, 69 Me"

feldspar
10-25-2013, 03:32 PM
5. "If this Vans Rockin' - Don't Bother Knocking" ... and, "Wine Me, Dine Me, 69 Me"

Good God, man

Generalissimus Gibby
10-25-2013, 04:17 PM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? A couple times a month
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Breakfast food, its never too late in the damn day to have an omelette
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Sam
4. How many people live in your city/town? Last time I saw the road sign 3,129
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? Nope

swiper
10-25-2013, 04:24 PM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? - VERY RARELY
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? - IDK. I made homemade beef & barley soup two days ago.
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? - none. I'd order a bottle of Amstel Light
4. How many people live in your city/town? - 2,351 (2012)
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? - No. Bumper Stickers are not aloud on our cars for generations.

Mad Bomber
10-25-2013, 08:37 PM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? Very, very rarely
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Chili, burritos, jambalaya, or anything on the grill
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwater, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Sam
4. How many people live in your city/town? ~3500
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? No

GOBILLSGO!!!
10-26-2013, 04:26 PM
1. once every three months
2. grilled tuna
3. a nice pinot noir or merlot
4. 30k
5. 26.2

stuckincincy
10-26-2013, 05:24 PM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? Never.
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Mac n Cheese - world's best.
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Bud.
4. How many people live in your city/town? 3,100.
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? Visit Howe Caverns.

swiper
10-26-2013, 05:30 PM
More people than I expected live in small communities. Cool.

WagonCircler
10-26-2013, 05:56 PM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? - Bi-Monthly.
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Reservations.
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Kaliber.
4. How many people live in your city/town? 259,384
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? Window clings: UNC Dad, Apple - Magnets: Bills, Sabres.

WagonCircler
10-26-2013, 05:57 PM
No. Bumper Stickers are not aloud on our cars for generations.

Cool. I also have silent bumper stickers. (j/k)

YardRat
10-26-2013, 06:12 PM

A couple of times a month. Wife has started making it herself at home instead of getting take out.
Grilling or take-out.
I guess Bud.
I don't live in a municipality. The nearest village is about 600.
Hell no.

Famous Amos
10-27-2013, 09:40 AM

1. Can't afford take out.
2. Specialty is Spaghetti carbonara. My dad told me a story his grandpa told him. He said, during WW2, when American soldiers began to occupy Italy, the Italians wanted to do something nice for the Americans oldiers so they tried to make American comfort food. For breakfast, they didn't know what to do. They knew Americans loved bacon, so they got some pancetta, some bacon, eggs and pasta and whipped up a dish called Spaghetti carbonara. The GIs loved it and became a staple during the occupation in WW2. But I make it with bacon because bacon.
3. Guiness!
4. the West Side of Buffalo is coming back. Not sure how many people live in my neighborhood.
5. no bumper stickers.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-27-2013, 10:06 AM
1. How often do you have Chinese Food? Almost never. Oddly enough there aren't any that deliver to my neighborhood.
2. If you're making dinner whats your specialty? Fish tacos
3. A bar has the following on tap, (Budwieser, Coors Light, Sam Adams, Guiness) whats your choice? Of those four, whichever is cheapest. I usually drink microbrews.
4. How many people live in your city/town? About 220,000
5. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so what? Yes, I used to collect bumper stickers of the ski resorts I tried in Colorado and put them along the back windshield. I've scraped most of them off over time because of snow, so the only ones left are a CU Buffaloes sticker and Loveland ski resort.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Not often enough.
A good cheeseburger.
Water, please. I'm a teetotaller.
About a thousand, more or less.
No.