X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Aaron Maybin finally goes where he belongs

Aaron Maybin may not be the answer to a season-long issue that has yet to be addressed. Then again, he might be that long-awaited remedy.

Remember Cameron Wake of the Dolphins who came out from - you guessed it, Penn State?

Wake didn't get drafted and went to BC Lions after getting released from the Giants in camp.

It took time, effort and dedication to find what works what does not. He found a niche in NFL eventually.

I guess it's not Maybin's fault that someone deafted him 9th overall where he should be treated like Wake when he came out in the first place. He's also very immature when he came into the league. The odds of him being successful like Wake is long, but at least he's at the right place to build himself.

It's more of an indictment of the disfunction of the Bills management (Brandon as GM, Jauron as HC) as anything else where Maybin's name is forever linked to the Bills.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Aaron Maybin finally goes where he belongs

he'll end up in their practice squad.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Such a waste. Makes me wanna hurl.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
        • Aug 2012

I think Maybin would actually do well in the CFL. They value speed over power (because the field is bigger) and the run game is not nearly as prevalent (because of the three down rule).

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

was just gonna post that

seems like a perfect fit. he might be a very good player up there and still never be effective in the nfl
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
            Such a waste. Makes me wanna hurl.
            I hope your anger is directed at the guys who drafted him & not Maybin himself. With the exception of his ridiculous rookie holdout, the guy always tried hard, but just didn't have the ability. When a guy is a bust because he just doesn't have the ability, it's not his fault, it's the management who picked him. On the other hand, when a team drafts JaMarcus Russell, it's the team's and the player's fault combined.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
            was just gonna post that

seems like a perfect fit. he might be a very good player up there and still never be effective in the nfl
            The Perry Tuttle of defense.

Comment

• Victor7
              • Jul 2013

The endless wisdom of Dick Jauron.

What a bum Maybin is.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                I hope your anger is directed at the guys who drafted him & not Maybin himself. With the exception of his ridiculous rookie holdout, the guy always tried hard, but just didn't have the ability. When a guy is a bust because he just doesn't have the ability, it's not his fault, it's the management who picked him. On the other hand, when a team drafts JaMarcus Russell, it's the team's and the player's fault combined.
                Definitely directed at those who drafted him. A one year wonder who just used his athleticism to run around slow tackles in college? How could that ever not be worth pick #8!!!?

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

The attraction was his uber thin frame, which means he could play both ways in Jaurons 2-9 Defense ( 9 defensive backs ).

It was genius but then the Jauron short bus had to stop in the school zone.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    The attraction was his uber thin frame, which means he could play both ways in Jaurons 2-9 Defense ( 9 defensive backs ).

It was genius but then the Jauron short bus had to stop in the school zone.
                    short bus lol

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

Well... he can be a superstar somewhere, just not in the NFL. I guess his painting career didn't work out.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

Good luck Maybin.

Comment

• Thief
                          • Sep 2009

- - - Updated - - -

The Perry Tuttle of defense.
                          I am going to slightly disagree. Something was definitely amiss with the fact he was buffed out predraft then turned into a WR. Either he faked us out with steroid use, or when he got the cash he skipped the weight room for the bar. You tell me. Both are his fault.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thief View Post
                            I am going to slightly disagree. Something was definitely amiss with the fact he was buffed out predraft then turned into a WR. Either he faked us out with steroid use, or when he got the cash he skipped the weight room for the bar. You tell me. Both are his fault.
                            Since they test for steroids at the combine, it couldn't be that. I think it's more likely he gained some weight by hitting the calories and the weight room but not having any contact drills. He couldn't keep weight on once he had to practice 5-6 days a week where you have to be in football shape and able to practice to withstand contact. The combine measures a different type of physical fitness than what a guy has to practice to play on Sundays. He just trained to hit measurements which cannot be maintained during a football season. He wasn't the 1st guy to lose weight each week in practice. To draft a player based on being a weight in an off-season is bad management. Just as bad as drafting a fat guy (Mike Williams) and expecting your coaches to whip him into shape.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

I never blame the player when somebody makes a bad draft pick. Unless they totally threw in the towel and didn't try then it falls 100% on the front office for drafting him. The player can't make a team draft him too high or if he is combine warrior and a piece of junk as a player. It's up to the front office to catch that stuff. All the good LB's in that first round and we end up with the biggest bust in the draft.

What a horrible job at scouting in that first round. Had they nailed that pick then we could've easily had the best draft in the NFL that year with also getting Byrd, Wood and Levitre. It wouldn't have done us much good after this year though if they didn't dish out the money. We just would've had 3 good players leaving in the draft class instead of two of them.

We could've desperately used that OL right now and over the past few years. Imagine if we had someone like Orakpo or Cushing(barring their injuries) during that time or right now? Or even better if we had Clay Matthews lining up on the outside of Kiko. His pass rush could make our defense dominant. That is if they would've been willing to sign him to the kind of money the Packers just did. If not then he would've been leaving after this year.
                              Last edited by BillsFever21; 10-25-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X