How is Greg Schiano still employed this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

How is Greg Schiano still employed this morning?

That team is a cluster**** of epic proportions. Every time I think I've found the worst thing about him, something else comes along. Being a dumbass and attacking the victory formation? Banning a team legend from hosting at-risk kids at your practices? His team and fans are in open revolt.

I understand the Glazers care 10x as much about Manchester United, but come on. This guy is a league-wide embarassment.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: How is Greg Schiano still employed this morning?

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    That team is a cluster**** of epic proportions. Every time I think I've found the worst thing about him, something else comes along. Being a dumbass and attacking the victory formation? Banning a team legend from hosting at-risk kids at your practices? His team and fans are in open revolt.

I understand the Glazers care 10x as much about Manchester United, but come on. This guy is a league-wide embarassment.
    Hands down the worst HC in the league.

The absolute best thing that could happen for Bucs fans this season is for Schiano to get fired ASAP.

His mishandling of Doug Martin is as maddening as Gailey's mishandling of CJ Spiller last season.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

I actually thought the Bucs were going to be contenders this season. OH WOW I MISSED THAT ONE.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

As far as Schiano goes, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy, and I kind of have fun watching it because it's all happening to some other city.

Not sure if anyone here is familiar with "Breaking Madden" at SB nation (or if this was mentioned anywhere before), where the guy does funny stuff with the game. So, he made a Bucs team of 44 Schianos, and it's hilarious stuff.

Bucs head coach Greg Schiano is off to an 0-6 start. Clearly, he does not have enough of his esteemed "Schiano Men" on his roster. Let's release everyone on the Tampa Bay roster, replace them with copies of Greg Schiano, and have us a nightmare.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          Not sure if anyone here is familiar with "Breaking Madden" at SB nation (or if this was mentioned anywhere before), where the guy does funny stuff with the game. So, he made a Bucs team of 44 Schianos, and it's hilarious stuff.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/23/4...reaking-madden
          In one episode, he decided to put Geno Smith in "Football Hell" - give him only other QBs as converted wideouts (Tebow, Sanchez, McElroy, etc) and turn the Bills secondary into inhuman 7 foot 300 lb monsters that ran like the wind. Buffalo sacked Geno 13 times and picked him off 18 times and STILL LOST.

It's time to see what Jets rookie Geno Smith is really made of. Let's make Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow his wideouts, create an opposing secondary of seven-foot monsters, and cast him into a Madden 25 footballing nightmare.

Comment

• Mace
            • Mar 2013

In one episode, he decided to put Geno Smith in "Football Hell" - give him only other QBs as converted wideouts (Tebow, Sanchez, McElroy, etc) and turn the Bills secondary into inhuman 7 foot 300 lb monsters that ran like the wind. Buffalo sacked Geno 13 times and picked him off 18 times and STILL LOST.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/9/1...den-geno-smith
            I honestly think it's priceless stuff that has me in tears and I don't even play Madden.

For over a decade, the elder Manning brother has been a Madden god. Let's destroy him.
            I've replaced his five starting offensive lineman, as well as his tight end, with players I created. They are five feet tall, weigh 160 pounds, and possess ratings of zero in nearly every single skill category.

Comment

• Fixxxer
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
              As far as Schiano goes, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy, and I kind of have fun watching it because it's all happening to some other city.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/10/23/4...reaking-madden
              "Schiano men lead. They do not pursue"

awesome

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

It's a most unusual situation. The NFL drips with this and that language about actions and words etc. that are "not to the betterment of the league".

I recall during the '90's an owner - Brown - being pulled aside and being told to shape up, stop this running his biz so much on the cheap to the point that players had to bring their own towels and soap to training camp. and fielding an ill-prepared club that were a standing joke for a decade. It got so bad in camp, that HC David Shula (personal friend of Mikie) used to go sit in his car and eat lunch.

This issue is a head coach, not an owner. Given the importance that the NFL attaches to PR, I'm lost as to why they haven't put the thumb down on him.

I wonder what's up with Schiano? He brought Rutgers into the limelight. His press here in Cin - UCINN - Big East - was always favorable about him - he's acting much out of character.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                  • Jul 2002

Tampa has a big problem. They broke the old saying "You can't fire the players, so you fire the coach." by firing their starting QB. So, in effect, the day they fired Freeman, they cemented the relationship with the coach. Any firing now is an admission that they made a big mistake letting Freeman go because he had troubles with the coach. Now, the only solution is to keep Schiano and hope he's incompetent enough to get them the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. Then at the end of the season they can fire Schiano & get a new coach who won't drive their next QB (their #1 draft pick) out of town.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                    Tampa has a big problem. They broke the old saying "You can't fire the players, so you fire the coach." by firing their starting QB. So, in effect, the day they fired Freeman, they cemented the relationship with the coach. Any firing now is an admission that they made a big mistake letting Freeman go because he had troubles with the coach. Now, the only solution is to keep Schiano and hope he's incompetent enough to get them the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. Then at the end of the season they can fire Schiano & get a new coach who won't drive their next QB (their #1 draft pick) out of town.
                    You are likely right. He's 0 and 7, and has alienated most anyone within hearing distance. I'll guess that the owner thinks that it can't get any worse, so if his contract runs out at the end of this season, why bother with a firing and pay for a replacement that could at best get them to 9 and 7? A 9 game run would be astounding, of course. That's sad, the apparent cynicism of the ownership. I don't know how the TB fan base is, but they are certainly getting the leg lifted on them by coach and ownership alike.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

Another failure from the Belichick coaching tree... surprise?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Why is he employed indeed.

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
                          "Schiano men lead. They do not pursue"

awesome
                          So far, I have to reread the entire post every day just to laugh for the sake of it.

Key cogs of the Buccaneers' offense: Greg Schiano (22/55 passing, 129 yards, 2 INT), Greg Schiano (18 rushes, 24 yards), Greg Schiano (10 attempts, -8 yards), Greg Schiano (7 attempts, -4 yards), Greg Schiano (5 attempts, -8 yards), Greg Schiano (1 attempt, -1 yard)

Head coach Greg Schiano tried everything. He even tried rushing once with his punter, Greg Schiano. Nothing mattered. By the end of the game, the Bucs had suffered injuries to Greg Schiano, Greg Schiano, Greg Schiano, Greg Schiano, Greg Schiano, Greg Schiano, and Greg Schiano.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

The minute he pulled that nonsense of going after Eli Manning when the Giants were in the victory formation I knew he wasn't long for the NFL. If Tom Coughlin was 20 years younger Schiano wouldn't have any teeth left in his mouth.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Just be happy the Bills never hired such an ignorant pompous a-hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X