X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

What Miller is Worth?

The Sabres will NOT get more than a 2nd round pick for him.

Darcy suck my coq you piece of crap GM.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: What Miller is Worth?

Could you be more specific about Darcy?

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

You resign him if you can at this point.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

18-24 overall pick. or a 7.5B prospect or slightly lower.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
          18-24 overall pick. or a 7.5B prospect or slightly lower.
          Never going to happen.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
            Never going to happen.
            you asked what he was worth, not what i think will happen.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Rockstar
              Zone Bartender
              • Jul 2013

I'll say this about Darcy, he knows how to get the most out of deals. Find a team that needs goaltending as their piece to go deep in the playoffs or a team that needs a marketable name to fill seats and the return could be better than many think.

Miller is still a very good goaltender and Lindy was the worst coach in history in managing net-minders. Miller could have been even better if Ruff played his backups at the correct times.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

do the olympics effect miller's trade value? if he isn't on the team or the starter, will his value drop?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  do the olympics effect miller's trade value? if he isn't on the team or the starter, will his value drop?
                  I almost wonder if not making the Olympics helps him. It means he'll be well- rested for the playoff push.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Btw while Darcy has a history of getting good trade value, I think he will probably have to sell low on Miller.

Teams know we are breaking it down, teams know he likely won't re-sign and will walk for nothing at the end of the season if he's not traded, so they can use that to force Darcy's hand. The closer it gets to the deadline, the less we will get for him.

The only possible exception is if 2 or 3 playoff level teams have goaltender injuries and we get a bidding war- but that seems highly unlikely.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i actually think goaltending is so mental and a guy playing well in November can lose his mojo for whatever reason. if you are a high priced team, and just want to have two good options in the playoffs because you know this is the core that's got to get it done, you might toss your 28th pick in the draft to get a guarantee between having a streaky goalie and his unproven back up or having a legit starter to help the whole team look better.

i think the sabres can fleece a team for picks here too. plus, i'd like to see hackett getting some games here and there during this lost season than finding out that he sucks, next season.

I'm not saying i think he will suck, i'm just saying, we know this season is a waste. so you might as well see everyone's audition.

Comment

• mightysimi
                        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                        • Mar 2010

The problem is there isn't too many teams that see a goalie as severe need to upgrade. At least not anyone who is good enough to be in the discussion. Just off the top of my head, teams that need goalies are:
                        Calgary - rebuild won't trade assets
                        Edmonton - Miller apparently doesn't want to go there although they do have the assets to make a good deal
                        Minnesota - maybe with Backstrom being hurt and Harding not proven over a long stretch
                        Florida - essentially a rebuild won't want to trade assets
                        Philly - Should be a rebuild but you never know with Holmgren
                        NYI - Already gave you the draft picks. Won't give you Strome or Reinhart well shouldn't this is the Isle we are talking about
                        Nashville - depends on set back to Rinne but will need to be in contention to even think about it

That's about it. Most other teams have entrenched starters. Baring an injury, I'd say your leverage is pretty low.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                          The problem is there isn't too many teams that see a goalie as severe need to upgrade. At least not anyone who is good enough to be in the discussion. Just off the top of my head, teams that need goalies are:
                          Calgary - rebuild won't trade assets
                          Edmonton - Miller apparently doesn't want to go there although they do have the assets to make a good deal
                          Minnesota - maybe with Backstrom being hurt and Harding not proven over a long stretch
                          Florida - essentially a rebuild won't want to trade assets
                          Philly - Should be a rebuild but you never know with Holmgren
                          NYI - Already gave you the draft picks. Won't give you Strome or Reinhart well shouldn't this is the Isle we are talking about
                          Nashville - depends on set back to Rinne but will need to be in contention to even think about it

That's about it. Most other teams have entrenched starters. Baring an injury, I'd say your leverage is pretty low.
                          pittsburg too. vokoun is a huge question mark, and MAF, despite having all the talent in the world, never put it all together. he hasnt performed well in the playoffs. i could see miller going to pitt.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                            pittsburg too. vokoun is a huge question mark, and MAF, despite having all the talent in the world, never put it all together. he hasnt performed well in the playoffs. i could see miller going to pitt.
                            I seriously doubt they could absorb the cap hit.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              I seriously doubt they could absorb the cap hit.
                              by the time the deadline comes around, the cap hit ratio is significantly less. and, like vanek, the sabres could retain some of his cap hit.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                              X