PDA

View Full Version : Thad Lewis for Governor threads

Don't Panic
10-27-2013, 02:57 PM
End them. No mas... dude is as accurate as a drunkard playing Operation.

Novacane
10-27-2013, 03:02 PM
The QB controversy talk should end now.

jdaltroy5
10-27-2013, 03:03 PM
He's serviceable.

I like him as a back up all things considered.

imbondz
10-27-2013, 03:03 PM
He's serviceable.

I like him as a back up all things considered.

me too

BuffaloRedleg
10-27-2013, 03:05 PM
He's everything you want in a backup.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2013, 03:11 PM
He's a scrappy dude who can make all the throws which is more than we can say about the guy who was supposed to be the franchise savior. Still doesn't mean he's good enough as he has serious ball security issues.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2013, 03:13 PM
He can make all the throws?

Since when?

cookie G
10-27-2013, 03:13 PM
He was, at best, a 4th string QB in TC..
He's making his 3rd or 4th start in the NFL;
He didn't have his speed back,
His No. 1 WR was limping throughout the game;
He was rocked several times at the start of the game.
One fumble was caused by a helmet to the ball, a hit in which many RB's are known to fumble;
One fumble was caused by a pussified block by Scott Chandler;
He had a TD taken away because a hold by the aforementioned Chandler.

And he kept coming back.

I'm not saying to build a franchise around the guy...I just find it hard to hate on him.

Scott Chandler did more damage to the O than Lewis did today.

RedEyE
10-27-2013, 03:14 PM
He is so inconsistent. Shows some great resilience to some grueling hits but his pass is all over the place.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2013, 03:17 PM
He can make all the throws?

Since when?

The Cincy game should have been proof enough of that. He made throws in that game that Manuel hasn't even come close to making. That doesn't even include the TD pass today he made to Stevie Johnson early on.

You can hate on the floaters, the overthrows but we saw Manuel doing that consistently the first few games.

Difference between Manuel and Lewis? Lewis can actually complete those throws from time to time which is better than the savior who completes them never.

BuffaloRedleg
10-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Manuel is a rookie that we all knew was a developmental prospect during an off year for QBs with a high ceiling.

Just stop with all the hate. He is ahead of schedule.

If we finish bottom 5 I'm not against drafting a QB though.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2013, 03:23 PM
The Cincy game should have been proof enough of that. He made throws in that game that Manuel hasn't even come close to making. That doesn't even include the TD pass today he made to Stevie Johnson early on.

You can hate on the floaters, the overthrows but we saw Manuel doing that consistently the first few games.

Difference between Manuel and Lewis? Lewis can actually complete those throws from time to time which is better than the savior who completes them never.
Never?

OK - have you made your mind up on him that much that you are only going to look at the mistakes he has made and not pay any attention to the good plays?

Lewis also throws a lot more passes that are complete crap than Manuel has

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2013, 03:24 PM
He was, at best, a 4th string QB in TC..
He's making his 3rd or 4th start in the NFL;
He didn't have his speed back,
His No. 1 WR was limping throughout the game;
He was rocked several times at the start of the game.
One fumble was caused by a helmet to the ball, a hit in which many RB's are known to fumble;
One fumble was caused by a pussified block by Scott Chandler;
He had a TD taken away because a hold by the aforementioned Chandler.

And he kept coming back.

I'm not saying to build a franchise around the guy...I just find it hard to hate on him.

Scott Chandler did more damage to the O than Lewis did today.

I, for one, am not hating on him.

But I also see his limitations and am watching fans fall in love with a guy with a very limited ceiling.

Chandler made his mistakes (although lets not pretend he should be in that position as his blocking skills are limited to start with)

RedEyE
10-27-2013, 03:29 PM

You're argument is weak and contridicting. You can't have it one way in one post for Lewis then turn around and use it to your benefit in an arguement agaist EJ.

Lewis is a back-up plain and simple. And that's Ok. It really is. He has already done far more than anyone could have dreamed. Let the arguement die. EJ starts when he's back and he will probably get 3 years to prove himself.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Never?

OK - have you made your mind up on him that much that you are only going to look at the mistakes he has made and not pay any attention to the good plays?

Lewis also throws a lot more passes that are complete crap than Manuel has

Lewis completion percentage 60.1% Manuel 56.7%

People keep talking about Manuel having this infinite ceiling and that he has all sorts of potential and he's a rookie. Fact of the matter is, still as of right now, Manuel has started more NFL games than Thad Lewis. Yet Lewis has no ceiling and no potential.

The only thing Manuel has been better at so far is ball security but he's fumbled 3 times too and thrown 3 INTs.

SquishDaFish
10-27-2013, 03:36 PM
You cant judge EJ yet Get over it

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Lewis completion percentage 60.1% Manuel 56.7%

People keep talking about Manuel having this infinite ceiling and that he has all sorts of potential and he's a rookie. Fact of the matter is, still as of right now, Manuel has started more NFL games than Thad Lewis. Yet Lewis has no ceiling and no potential.

The only thing Manuel has been better at so far is ball security but he's fumbled 3 times too and thrown 3 INTs.
He is also better at running.

And yes he has started more games. But let's not pretend that he has not been around as long.

And where does completion percentage come into this? You were making it sound like Manuel has done nothing (in fact you said that). I disputed that. I never said Lewis did not have one.

But use some more hyperbole to make your point.

And yes - Manuel has a much higher ceiling. If you can't see that his pure talent level is higher, I don't know what to say.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2013, 03:37 PM
You're argument is weak and contridicting. You can't have it one way in one post for Lewis then turn around and use it to your benefit in an arguement agaist EJ.

Lewis is a back-up plain and simple. And that's Ok. It really is. He has already done far more than anyone could have dreamed. Let the arguement die. EJ starts when he's back and he will probably get 3 years to prove himself.

Alright I'll lay out in better terms.

Both guys have just as much of potential which simply isn't good enough.

People are beating on Thad Lewis for what he's done and I'm simply saying what he's done is better or at the very minimum equal to first round draft pick savior guy. When you're an undrafted FA thrown in from the PS and performing, again, at the minimum as good as the guy who's supposed to be your franchise's savior. Your franchise savior isn't good enough.

And I'm for the entertainment value. I'd rather see a guy make some mistakes while actually being exciting, taking some chances and hitting on some big plays. Manuel just makes mistakes and is boring as fk. If given the choice I'd rather see JP Losman and his chicken with a head cut off routine behind center than Manuel.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2013, 03:40 PM
He looks like a QB that's played 4 NFL games. Actually, he looks better than that, but he's still very raw, and careless with the football. He reminds me of Fitzpatrick, except with a cannon for an arm.

I'd take Thad as the backup, at the worst, however. He's got balls the size of a Buick.

Famous Amos
10-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Wow, I saw a guy get wrecked early and often and he kept picking himself up from the ground. He limited mistakes, threw a bad interception though. Made some key third down conversions. They threw away the run game plan around the third quarter so we saw a lot more of Thad than we were supposed to see. Its similar to when the Bills would play from behind with Fitz and He'd have to put the team on his shoulders.

I thought he had a good game given the circumstances. Bad refereeing, injured Steve Johnson, injured Spiller, MiA Woods, and going up against a ferocious defense. Man how many times was Lewis knocked to the ground? There were at least two roughing the passers and probably should have been more.

He's exceeded minimal expectations and seems to get better. He's scrappy, has good zip on passes, can throw the long ball.

DraftBoy
10-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Manuel is a rookie that we all knew was a developmental prospect during an off year for QBs with a high ceiling.

Not that I'm ready to pull the plug on Manuel at all but whose or what schedule are you referring to?

DraftBoy
10-27-2013, 03:45 PM
I, for one, am not hating on him.

But I also see his limitations and am watching fans fall in love with a guy with a very limited ceiling.

Chandler made his mistakes (although lets not pretend he should be in that position as his blocking skills are limited to start with)

If you can't block as a TE (especially at his size) then you shouldn't be put on the line. Its inexcusable and basic fundamentals for the position.

jdaltroy5
10-27-2013, 03:46 PM
If you can't block as a TE (especially at his size) then you shouldn't be put on the line. Its inexcusable and basic fundamentals for the position.
Chandler is not a good blocking TE, but to be fair, that holding call was BS.

DraftBoy
10-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Chandler is not a good blocking TE, but to be fair, that holding call was BS.

Yea but that whiff that about got Lewis killed was the biggest pussy ass effort that there was in that game.

Novacane
10-27-2013, 03:48 PM

Now who's being negative :D Bills are not finishing bottom 5. I don't get Mr Pinks EJ hate either. He was progressing through the 4 1/2 games he played IMO.

jdaltroy5
10-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Yea but that whiff that about got Lewis killed was the biggest pussy ass effort that there was in that game.
Yeah, no excusing that one. That was really bad.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2013, 04:02 PM

I don't want him blocking much if at all. They have a receiving TE in Chandler. But he often flubs basic blocks

colin
10-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Thad lewis is not an NFL qb. That's pretty much it

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2013, 04:03 PM
That and Saints safety's attempt to tackle Jackson are pretty close, but Chandler gets the nod

DraftBoy
10-27-2013, 04:06 PM
I don't want him blocking much if at all. They have a receiving TE in Chandler. But he often flubs basic blocks

Then they don't need to put him on the line.

Night Train
10-27-2013, 04:11 PM
He's a good backup and I like him on the team, little doubt. He's getting valuable experience.

Manuel will start the second he's healthy.

BertSquirtgum
10-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Matt Flynn should start next week. Thaddeus maximus suckus is just really bad.

Don't Panic
10-27-2013, 05:32 PM
I'd be fine with him as the backup. My point was that he has no business being in the conversation of being the starter.

BuffaloRedleg
10-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Not that I'm ready to pull the plug on Manuel at all but whose or what schedule are you referring to?

The 2013 QB Draft schedule.

People losing their minds over every little thing EJ does wrong are children. He is not Andrew Luck, and even Luck struggled during his first year.

WagonCircler
10-27-2013, 08:16 PM
He's a scrappy dude who can make all the throws which is more than we can say about the guy who was supposed to be the franchise savior. Still doesn't mean he's good enough as he has serious ball security issues.

He's exactly the same "dude." Both have the ability to make occasional great plays. Neither has the consistency at this point to do anything other than perpetuate the mediocrity.

DraftBoy
10-27-2013, 08:23 PM
The 2013 QB Draft schedule.

People losing their minds over every little thing EJ does wrong are children. He is not Andrew Luck, and even Luck struggled during his first year.

And what schedule is that exactly?

Victor7
10-27-2013, 08:24 PM
He's a decent back up and nothing more

Love his toughness. It's contagious. But he's inaccurate and today was totally careless with the pigskin. We need EJ back so we can quickly asses if he's worth building around. I'm not against another QB drafted high next year

WagonCircler
10-27-2013, 08:40 PM
He's a decent back up and nothing more

Love his toughness. It's contagious. But he's inaccurate and today was totally careless with the pigskin. We need EJ back so we can quickly asses if he's worth building around. I'm not against another QB drafted high next year

I agree. He's a tough kid, but he is fundamentally flawed. His footwork is irreparable. He throws off his back foot more than her does off his front foot. He's a panicker under pressure and he doesn't have a clue about protecting the football. And he has no pocket awareness.

And he's hopelessly inaccurate.

Meathead
10-27-2013, 10:30 PM
well i finally came up with the perfect nickname:

The Thaddiator

i just searched google pics for a black gladiator, to you know show what he might look like in costume, and all i found was this:

http://www.skiviez.com/media/images/catalog/products/gregghomme/6360520Z-Black-2.jpg

so yeah we need a new pic

Mr. Pink
10-27-2013, 11:43 PM
He's exactly the same "dude." Both have the ability to make occasional great plays. Neither has the consistency at this point to do anything other than perpetuate the mediocrity.

Outside of the fact Thad can throw the ball downfield and complete those passes, sure they're the same.

While Thad is obviously better than EJ, he still isn't good enough.

The absolute worst thing about EJ's injury is it's gonna give him another year of suck while leading this offense.

WagonCircler
10-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Outside of the fact Thad can throw the ball downfield and complete those passes, sure they're the same.

While Thad is obviously better than EJ, he still isn't good enough.

The absolute worst thing about EJ's injury is it's gonna give him another year of suck while leading this offense.

I'm not sure Thad is better than EJ, but I am sure that neither are good enough.

And yes, the injury sets the Bills back for maybe two years. Because we'll hear the "Well, last year was his first full season as a starter" nonsense at the end of next season.

Although, he's lost more of his professional career to date to injuries than he's actually played. Maybe he'll miss so much that it will force their hand.

Don't Panic
10-28-2013, 06:54 AM
You guys are unbelievable... I can't believe with your concrete knowledge that EJ is already doomed to fail that you haven't landed a FO job. I'd personally love to see you making such snap judgements for teams like the Jets, Doliphins and Patriots for example. One less team wed have to worry about.

better days
10-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Wow, I saw a guy get wrecked early and often and he kept picking himself up from the ground. He limited mistakes, threw a bad interception though. Made some key third down conversions. They threw away the run game plan around the third quarter so we saw a lot more of Thad than we were supposed to see. Its similar to when the Bills would play from behind with Fitz and He'd have to put the team on his shoulders.

I thought he had a good game given the circumstances. Bad refereeing, injured Steve Johnson, injured Spiller, MiA Woods, and going up against a ferocious defense. Man how many times was Lewis knocked to the ground? There were at least two roughing the passers and probably should have been more.

He's exceeded minimal expectations and seems to get better. He's scrappy, has good zip on passes, can throw the long ball.

Nobody can question Thad's toughness or competitiveness. But for the entire 1st Qtr & much of the game after that he played terrible. He did play well in spurts.

The only question I have is would Flynn be any better than Thad until EJ is healthy?

better days
10-28-2013, 07:19 AM
I'm not sure Thad is better than EJ, but I am sure that neither are good enough.

And yes, the injury sets the Bills back for maybe two years. Because we'll hear the "Well, last year was his first full season as a starter" nonsense at the end of next season.

Although, he's lost more of his professional career to date to injuries than he's actually played. Maybe he'll miss so much that it will force their hand.

You think you know, but you really don't know. ANYTHING.

Dying_-2-_Live
10-28-2013, 08:11 AM
With Marrone knowing how injuries can stack up pretty quick, my best guess is that we will draft a mid-low round QB in the draft.

Famous Amos
10-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Nobody can question Thad's toughness or competitiveness. But for the entire 1st Qtr & much of the game after that he played terrible. He did play well in spurts.

The only question I have is would Flynn be any better than Thad until EJ is healthy?

If Flynn can be consistent with accuracy and exhibit better pocket awareness then yeah, give him a shot.