Toughness. Marrone has brought toughness, at the very least.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Toughness. Marrone has brought toughness, at the very least.

Fred Jackson is running his ass off on one good leg. Stevie Johnson limping around, not coming out, making catches on one leg. Thad Lewis got PASTED on the first play of the game, and I am willing to bet every Bills fan watching the game said a collective "Oh crap, here comes Tuel". He came right back in, and had, if nothing else, a gutsy performance. Yes, he sucked at times, and turned the ball over 3 times, 2 of which were inside his own 30.

Either way, I like how tough this team is. Players seem to want to play their butts off for Marrone, and for each other. I hope it continues, it's been a while since the Bills had a physically tough team, IMO.
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Toughness. Marrone has brought toughness, at the very least.

I agree. this game was closer than the score, if that is possible. most people will see the score and think we got killed, but we played tough, against a very good team
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Famous Amos
      • Jul 2013

Here's my take: I think the Bills saw it early on how behind the eight ball they were going to be with the refs calling an awful game, playing away from home, going up against Brees. Out of principle alone, Marrone challenged that second play, I think it was a field position call because of how often the Bills were getting shafted by the refs. There was definitely an issue with pride that I think effected the Bills carried themselves today. I have zero problems with how Buffalo played. These guys had their backs against the wall, no body wanted to be the first guy to leave the game with injury. Everyone was ants to play for their teammates. Its incredibly encouraging. Stevie was running on one bad leg and still made plays. Early on when they were still running, Fred ran hard. Thad continued to pick himself up after getting wrecked every other play.these guys have a lot of pride and didn't want the refs or the NFL to take anything away from them.
      "Hate is a lack of imagination."
      -Graham Greene

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I think they are a hard playing team with a ton of heart. If they had some passing consistency to better sustain drives sand rest the D more, then who knows where they would be today in terms of record.

I know EJ is young and hurt and Lewis is young and striving to give his best effort but you look at a guy like Drew Brees and just imagine him playing for this Bills team. They would be an increadible force and dominant once again in the division, if not the conference.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
          Here's my take: I think the Bills saw it early on how behind the eight ball they were going to be with the refs calling an awful game, playing away from home, going up against Brees. Out of principle alone, Marrone challenged that second play, I think it was a field position call because of how often the Bills were getting shafted by the refs. There was definitely an issue with pride that I think effected the Bills carried themselves today. I have zero problems with how Buffalo played. These guys had their backs against the wall, no body wanted to be the first guy to leave the game with injury. Everyone was ants to play for their teammates. Its incredibly encouraging. Stevie was running on one bad leg and still made plays. Early on when they were still running, Fred ran hard. Thad continued to pick himself up after getting wrecked every other play.these guys have a lot of pride and didn't want the refs or the NFL to take anything away from them.
          You keep saying the refs were making awful calls, but I just didn't see it.

The only bad call they made was holding on Chandler.

Other than that, I think they actually called a good game.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post

It's just the weekly "the refs are out to screw us" threads/posts that we see after every loss.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

There were some missed calls on both sides of the ball. Out of the entire game I didn't like the defensive holding call, and I was none too pleased with the botched TD that Freddy got, the first time. Outside of that the refs suck in every game.

Comment

• Famous Amos
                • Jul 2013

There was a horse collar that should have been called on a Goodwin catch. Several missed holding calls. I guess its the offensive holding non calls that bother me the most. I know that's not unique to just Buffalo, but just because offensive holding isn't called for other teams doesn't mean we shouldn't be upset about them either. Its not fair that the Saints are allowed to cheat against our defense.
                -Graham Greene

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                  • Aug 2012

There was a horse collar that should have been called on a Goodwin catch. Several missed holding calls. I guess its the offensive holding non calls that bother me the most. I know that's not unique to just Buffalo, but just because offensive holding isn't called for other teams doesn't mean we shouldn't be upset about them either. Its not fair that the Saints are allowed to cheat against our defense.
                  They gave them 4 holding penalties today. I actually think they did a much better job than usual on that because they always ignore that.

And if the Goodwin one is the same one I'm thinking of, where the safety made some half hearted attempt at a tackle, that wasn't a horse collar. The guy's hands have to be inside Goodwin's shoulder pads, which they weren't.

Comment

• Famous Amos
                    • Jul 2013

They gave them 4 holding penalties today. I actually think they did a much better job than usual on that because they always ignore that.

And if the Goodwin one is the same one I'm thinking of, where the safety made some half hearted attempt at a tackle, that wasn't a horse collar. The guy's hands have to be inside Goodwin's shoulder pads, which they weren't.
                    No it was a catch on the right sidelines
                    -Graham Greene

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                      • Aug 2012

No it was a catch on the right sidelines
                      Can't think of the one you're talking about.

Either way, I don't think the refs cost us this game by any means. They gave them 8 penalties to our 6. Some at crucial points too, like the RTP on third down (twice I think).

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

How about the two false start penalties called on Brees? They had a 3rd and 1 which eventually backed them up 3rd and 11? I can't remember the last time I've seen them calls made. Them calls backed the Saints up where the eventually missed the FG. If not for them then they probably get the 1st down and most likely a touchdown.

If them calls were made on us then everyone would be screaming the refs were screwing us. We had a facemask penalty on Brees that also wasn't called. I don't hear the "refs screw the Bills" weekly posters mentioning them.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

The refs suck both ways in every game. They make phantom calls, they miss obvious ones. Throughout a game, much less a season, the calls tend to even out.

Anyone who thinks a team with a future HOF QB needs the refs to help them win is delusional and/or high.

Comment

• PTI
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

Bills do not come close to hitting as hard as other teams do. The Jets physically embarrassed the Bills. I know everyone loves Kiko, and I do too, but there is a play he could have laid out the Saints receiver with a clean shot and he held up short. You need to take shots. Especially at the QB. Bills penalties are usually stupid penalties, the other team's penalties are from being super aggressive. This team does not have a killer instinct at all. THey might not give up, and commentators comment on that, but think about if they did give up. Seriously, they would not have jobs then. They are supposed to compete, they get paid to compete. Bills get beat in almost every one on one situation.

You are dead wrong, this team is still physically challenged.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

I think it's dumb to keep players out of the field that are hurt. Stevie should not have still been on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X