PDA

View Full Version : Lets make a play for Larry Fitz

Owen DeBoard
10-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Give a second round pick for him and we are a contender next year.

Night Train
10-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Give them Byrd, Kyle Williams, Searcy and the midget trainer. Keep the picks.

jdaltroy5
10-27-2013, 04:09 PM
He's a 30 year old WR who makes 15 mil a year and we're a young rebuilding team.

No thanks.

Fixxxer
10-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Jared Allen is being shopped too (per Glazer) don't know if we should go after him, he has played DE all his life. Glazer said a 3rd round pick should do it.

Ingtar33
10-27-2013, 05:21 PM
First of all, while the Bidwells are cheap, they won't dump the only guy they didn't dump last time they felt like trimming the salaries in AZ. Second, why would Larry WANT to leave a struggling AZ franchise going no where fast and end up at a struggling Buffalo franchise going no where fast. Why would he trade one QB who won't throw to him for another QB who can't throw to him?

Nope. this is crazy talk. And AZ still thinks Larry Fitz is the best WR in the league. They'll want a 1st rounder just to answer the phone call. A 2nd rounder won't get you Fitz

YardRat
10-27-2013, 05:35 PM
We are going to be a contender anyways.

Jaybird
10-27-2013, 06:01 PM
it will take more then a 2nd for Fitz, and forget it. Lets save the draft picks, trust in Whaley

alnilla
10-28-2013, 07:47 AM
Second Rounder for Josh Gordon not Fitz

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2013, 07:49 AM
No way. I LOVE larry fitz and he is a class act and an elite WR, but theres no way he makes us a contender by himself.

justasportsfan
10-28-2013, 09:04 AM
We may have our Larry Fitz on this team. We just need a frnachise qb to make him come out.

Uncle Jesse
10-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Second Rounder for Josh Gordon

This I would do. He's young, and would be a legit #2 WR next to Stevie. This would be another great weapon for Manuel. He'd be worth a 2nd no doubt.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-28-2013, 10:27 AM
This I would do. He's young, and would be a legit #2 WR next to Stevie. This would be another great weapon for Manuel. He'd be worth a 2nd no doubt.

Gordon would be the #1 over Stevie IMO

Victor7
10-28-2013, 10:32 AM
We don't need a WR. That's not what this team is missing. This is by no means a knock on LF. One of the most professional players out there. Absolutely love the guy. But if the Cards move him he's gonna wanna go to a contender. We are not a contender. We need help at LB and OL a hell of a lot more than WR.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-28-2013, 10:36 AM
We don't need a WR. That's not what this team is missing. This is by no means a knock on LF. One of the most professional players out there. Absolutely love the guy. But if the Cards move him he's gonna wanna go to a contender. We are not a contender. We need help at LB and OL a hell of a lot more than WR.

We definitely could benefit from more WR talent. Johnson is good but he's been fighting a nagging groin injury since like 2011. Woods is a rookie and behind him is ???. I still think if we got a true #1 then this depth chart would fall into place. Woods would be the opposite flanker and Johnson would work from the slot.

DraftBoy
10-28-2013, 10:37 AM

They do need a WR who can stretch the field and beat man coverage over the top. Teams are loading the box v. us and we don't have a QB who can throw guys open so we need WR's who can beat coverage and get open themselves.

Victor7
10-28-2013, 10:42 AM
They do need a WR who can stretch the field and beat man coverage over the top. Teams are loading the box v. us and we don't have a QB who can throw guys open so we need WR's who can beat coverage and get open themselves.

I actually think we do have it in Goodwin and Woods. What we don't have a is a QB that can complete such throws. Besides Fitz isn't exactly a burner.

Victor7
10-28-2013, 10:43 AM
We definitely could benefit from more WR talent. Johnson is good but he's been fighting a nagging groin injury since like 2011. Woods is a rookie and behind him is ???. I still think if we got a true #1 then this depth chart would fall into place. Woods would be the opposite flanker and Johnson would work from the slot.

I'm not saying we couldn't use him. Of course we could, he's a HOF'er in my book. I just don't think that he's the player that would put us over the hump. We have far more urgency for interior OL help or another LB. Bradham, Hughes and that Westerman or whatever dude are jokes.

DraftBoy
10-28-2013, 10:45 AM
I actually think we do have it in Goodwin and Woods. What we don't have a is a QB that can complete such throws. Besides Fitz isn't exactly a burner.

Neither has shown that ability in the NFL, so assuming they have it is a reach at this point.

You don't have to be a burner to be a good deep ball WR. Fitz knows how to run routes, gives good fakes, and utilizes tremendous body position to make catches. All veteran traits that young WR's like Goodwin and Woods are still learning.

Victor7
10-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Neither has shown that ability in the NFL, so assuming they have it is a reach at this point.

You don't have to be a burner to be a good deep ball WR. Fitz knows how to run routes, gives good fakes, and utilizes tremendous body position to make catches. All veteran traits that young WR's like Goodwin and Woods are still learning.

Exactly. Stevie does all that. And in theory the very polished Woods will too. Again, not saying we can't use a talent like LF. But he's no the solution to this team's woes. And again. We don't have a QB that can consistently hit the long ball. Both Manuel and Lewis are painfully inaccurate.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-28-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm not saying we couldn't use him. Of course we could, he's a HOF'er in my book. I just don't think that he's the player that would put us over the hump. We have far more urgency for interior OL help or another LB. Bradham, Hughes and that Westerman or whatever dude are jokes.

This isn't an either/or proposition. We can make a move for a wideout and still pursue other options. In fact, I prefer making a move for Gordon or Nicks over Fitz just because of Fitz' massive contract.

RedEyE
10-28-2013, 10:57 AM

Well to be fair the Bills have been a run first team all season so opposing defenses have been crowding the box primarily for this reason. But the Oline has been ugly against the blitz. And when they do pick it and a receiver ends up open down field passes are not making their intended target. So while I agree that the receivers could be better at their position, I think it's fair to say the entire offense hasn't been great with the passing game.

better days
10-28-2013, 11:11 AM

But even if we had Fitz, who would get the ball to him? We don't need Fitz, we need a LG & a QB that can throw the ball to his open receivers.

Thad was terrible for the most part Sunday, couldn't even complete a screen pass. Hopefully EJ gets well soon.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Byrd and Spiller for Fitz and their 1st.

swiper
10-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Byrd and Spiller for Fitz and their 1st.

What?!?

Meathead
10-28-2013, 12:58 PM
hav u lost ur mine

finally the bills org has been hitting on picks like amanda bynes hits on a cuckoos nest radiator and you want them to trade a high one away? no thanks

this team has come together so fast despite everything thats gone against them, im feelling pretty confident marrone and co is going to have them making a big leap next season. another round of picks and fa adds and the division is going to be a very realistic goal. bet the house

OLDSRIP
10-28-2013, 02:13 PM
But even if we had Fitz, who would get the ball to him?

Duh! First we get Fitz, then we get Aaron Rogers silly.

better days
10-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Duh! First we get Fitz, then we get Aaron Rogers silly.

Oh OK, I didn't know that plan was in place, I like it.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I'm sure he'll want to go from one team with no QB to another.

And I'm sure Ralph will want to pay him too!

Owen DeBoard
10-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Fitz would provide matchup problems for a D if he was on this team. If you have Stevie Fitz and Woods out there with Freddie and C J in the back field who do you stop. Also I dont want to hear that crap that we dont have a QB to get him the ball. Remeber when Matt Cassel played for the Patriots when Brady went down and everyone thought he was the next great QB or how about Matt Flynn having a career game when he was with Green Bay. Great WRs with make a QB good. Fitz would definently put us over the hump the offense would be much more improved. Yes we need OL and LBs and that is what the draft is for. I dont see how a 30 year old WR would get a team a 1st round pick that is why I said a 2nd for him but its all a pipe dream because it wouldnt happen.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2013, 07:39 PM
What?!?

Spiller is nothing special and Byrd wants out.
If the Bills could get Fitz and a 1st for them it would be a steal.

OLDSRIP
10-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Oh OK, I didn't know that plan was in place, I like it.

Its easy. The message board GM's have it all figured out.
like the guys who say to sign Farve.