trapezeus
10-27-2013, 04:37 PM
When will this **** stop?

SpikedLemonade
10-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Last week they had one taken away no?

trapezeus
10-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Yeah, it was a reminder that their bs dues were not current. I guess they paid during the week

Mike13
10-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Lets see:

The bogus pass interference on Jimmy Wilson. The holding call on Patterson that helped keep a second half Patriots drive alive. And of course, the batting of the football by Vernon.

Yeah, how many times does a football roll off the fingertips of a defender trying to grab a loose ball?

Boston fans are not allowed to ***** about anything ever again. **** Boston Sports, **** that fanbase, may that racist cesspool fall into the ****ing ocean.

DynaPaul
10-27-2013, 06:16 PM
They got screwed in baseball last night though.

Mike13
10-27-2013, 06:18 PM

No one gives a ****.

SpikedLemonade
10-27-2013, 06:20 PM

No they did not.

That was the right call.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets see:

The bogus pass interference on Jimmy Wilson. The holding call on Patterson that helped keep a second half Patriots drive alive. And of course, the batting of the football by Vernon.

Yeah, how many times does a football roll off the fingertips of a defender trying to grab a loose ball?

Boston fans are not allowed to ***** about anything ever again. **** Boston Sports, **** that fanbase, may that racist cesspool fall into the ****ing ocean.

More Pollock logic.

BuffaloRedleg
10-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Every time a Boston sports team loses an angel gets its wings.

black N yellow
10-27-2013, 06:38 PM
the fact that any Boston fan could ever complain about any call, ever, after being given so many breaks and winning* championships across all major sports simply amuses me.

Novacane
10-27-2013, 07:01 PM

No they didn't. If Middlebrooks doesn't trip Craig he scores on the play.

Mike13
10-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Oh and **** Bill Simmons. Forever and always.

Novacane
10-27-2013, 07:07 PM
The Phins seemed to fold after they missed the FG in the 3rd Q.

Mike13
10-27-2013, 07:28 PM
The Phins seemed to fold after they missed the FG in the 3rd Q.

True, but the Refs still essentially handed the Pats 13 points with the 3 awful calls I mentioned.

BillsImpossible
10-27-2013, 07:49 PM
True, but the Refs still essentially handed the Pats 13 points with the 3 awful calls I mentioned.

One thing we can all agree upon - NFL refereeing sucks balls and needs to go full time. Full time lawyers and business entrepreneurs should not be refereeing NFL games part time and it really shows.

YardRat
10-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Lets see:

Hopefully Florida, California and NYC go with them.

imbondz
10-27-2013, 07:56 PM

No they didn't it was the exact right call. Freakin ugh

Victor7
10-28-2013, 11:01 AM
You had to figure it was coming. I mean they got "screwed" (not really, more like caught cheating) last week so of course Bobby Kraft the POS went to the refs and let them all know how things work. One week later the calls come in to favor them. Typical.

feldspar
10-28-2013, 11:40 AM
One thing we can all agree upon - NFL refereeing sucks balls and needs to go full time. Full time lawyers and business entrepreneurs should not be refereeing NFL games part time and it really shows.

No doubt. I've been saying this for years, along with those that have any shred of common sense.

We are talking about a MULTI-BILLION dollar enterprise, and they employ old guys with other jobs to actually call the games part-time? That's obscene. I want a referee, not an insurance salesman/referee. Refs are such a critical part of the game. I mean, they make the difference in games every week.

Absolutely ridiculous that they don't have year-round refs and training programs. Sickening, in fact. Same thing with the rookie wage scale, which I'd been crying about for years...they finally did THAT.

Dunno, maybe it would be harder to find refs on the take if they revamped the whole thing...gotta wonder sometimes. No reason why full-time refs shouldn't happen right away.

justasportsfan
10-28-2013, 12:20 PM
The Dolphins trailed 20-17 in the fourth quarter when Tom Brady was sacked and fumbled. Dolphins end Olivier Vernon reached out for the ball as he went to the ground, because that's really the only thing to do in that situation. He swiped at the ball and couldn't grab it, and he knocked it back a few yards. The Patriots recovered for a 22-yard loss. All of it was quite normal.

Except that the officials couldn't let the players decide the game.

They threw a flag on Vernon for intentionally batting the ball. It was fairly ridiculous. So instead of the Patriots facing third and 29 at the 45-yard line, they had first and 10 at the 13-yard line. New England scored a touchdown four plays later.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-week-8-winners-losers-officials-exuberance-costs-033212273--nfl.html

you can read the refs lips "hey did we get paid by Kraft this week? Yes? ....Illegal batting of the ball forward by no. 50 of the defense. Thats an 10 yard penalty. Automatic first down."

GingerP
10-28-2013, 01:21 PM
The PI call on the throw to Gronkowski was a bad call. The batting call wasn't, though. The guy hit the ball 20 yards down field.

Besides, it wasn't like Miami recovered. Even if the Pats have to punt there Miami is still losing. The only thing it did was prevent Tannyhill a chance at another sack/fumble or interception.

Dr. Lecter
10-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Can we please stop this extremely lame whining about officiating?

I think this is the most annoying thing is sports.

better days
10-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Can we please stop this extremely lame whining about officiating?

I think this is the most annoying thing is sports.

If OFFICIATING were BETTER, there would be nothing to whine about.

BUT officiating is TERRIBLE & I don't see it getting any better.

There were 3 or 4 times in the Pats* game that officials threw a flag against the Fins, but the ref picked it up & did not give the Pats* those BS calls.

That game film should be reviewed by the league office & those guys making bad calls should be fired.

Albany,n.y.
10-28-2013, 02:39 PM
There was a time when a Bills fan would be glad to see Miami get screwed, no matter who it was they played.

better days
10-28-2013, 02:47 PM
There was a time when a Bills fan would be glad to see Miami get screwed, no matter who it was they played.

True, but that was a LONG time ago, before Patriots* & CHEATING became synonymous.

imbondz
10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Officiating is terrible but rarely does a team lose because of it, unlike what happened to the Packers last yr against the 'Hawks

Goobylal
10-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Looks like the right call (batting the football) to me. And the Pats still would have gotten the ball (albeit at midfield), had the lead, and shut down the Dols' offense.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Complaining about refs costing teams games is what teams who suck do.

They need something to blame other than incompetence.

mikemac2001
10-28-2013, 11:04 PM

Top teams players get the calls

trapezeus
10-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Batting the ball is usually called when it's overt. That guy was trying to get the ball.

If it was one or two calls, it wouldn't matter. But routinely the pats get the call. The fact they are at the top with zero talent is damning in my eye. Other great coaches struggled when the talent got this bad. Ne hasn't had a drop off once.

Bill Cody
10-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Batting the ball is usually called when it's overt. That guy was trying to get the ball.

Maybe he was, didn't look like it to me though. In any case I don't think the rule requires the ref to judge intent. He batted it 20 yards, that part is not debatable.

If it was one or two calls, it wouldn't matter. But routinely the pats get the call. The fact they are at the top with zero talent is damning in my eye. Other great coaches struggled when the talent got this bad. Ne hasn't had a drop off once.

Zero talent? I think that's wrong. Average talent is more like it. And they have a great QB which is half the battle in today's NFL. You sound bitter bro.

justasportsfan
10-29-2013, 11:04 AM

tuck rule got the Patriots a sb ring they didn't deserve.

stuckincincy
10-29-2013, 11:25 AM

Sour grapes. They have slapped BUF silly for years and years.

better days
10-29-2013, 04:46 PM

With the HELP of OFFICIALS & CHEATING.

DynaPaul
10-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Officiating is terrible but rarely does a team lose because of it, unlike what happened to the Packers last yr against the 'Hawks

You're joking right? Teams lose all the time on bad and/or biased officiating.

Mr. Pink
10-29-2013, 04:54 PM

I didn't know that specific play automatically awarded the Patriots a ring.

Someone should have told Vinatieri that he didn't have to make those game winning field goals.

better days
10-29-2013, 05:33 PM
I didn't know that specific play automatically awarded the Patriots a ring.

Someone should have told Vinatieri that he didn't have to make those game winning field goals.

Without that BS rule, Vinateri would not have had a chance to kick those FG's.

Which brings up the point, even with the CHEATING, the Pats* have won by FG's they have never put a team away in the Super Bowl.

Goobylal
10-29-2013, 07:06 PM
The tuck rule and videotaping. No SB wins since getting caught.

Mike13
10-29-2013, 09:31 PM
The PI call on the throw to Gronkowski was a bad call. The batting call wasn't, though. The guy hit the ball 20 yards down field.

Besides, it wasn't like Miami recovered. Even if the Pats have to punt there Miami is still losing. The only thing it did was prevent Tannyhill a chance at another sack/fumble or interception.
It would have been 3rd and 20+ with Miami getting the ball back, with a severely less daunting hill to climb. The refs may not be the only reason we lost, but they sure as **** tried to make it difficult for the Miami to get back in it.

trapezeus
10-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Bernie madoffs consistent unquestioned returns through several cycles when equally as talented investor had issues was the red flag, but this pats team with one QB, no receivers and a decimated talentless defense has one loss? Come on. Something isn't right.

Thurmal
10-29-2013, 10:45 PM
NE gets calls other teams don't. Period. And it's not just "bitter" fans of AFC East teams complaining. Terrell Suggs and Sheldon Richardson have both come out and said as much.

Just last year, in the Bills/Pats game in Buffalo, Brady was given a TD where he was obviously tackled at the one, and he was awarded a TD AFTER A REVIEW! The other Pats' offensive players saw the replay and started walking back onto the field. That same game, they Patriots had a 3rd down play where there was a measurement, they were 4-5 links SHORT, and the officials inexplicably gave them a 1st down anyway.

Last year, in the game against NE, the Pats were given two TDs by two bogus 30+ yard pass interference penalties that put the ball at the Buffalo one-yard line. James Walker from ESPN (!!!) even wrote about how ****ty the calls were in that game and how they increased the belief that they get favorable treatment.

Somebody farts next to Brady, he starts politicking for a call...and he gets it. The refs "miss", however, Vince Wilfork deliver a flying elbow to JP Losman's knee, though. Or anytime Rodney Harrison delivered some scumbag cheap shot. They get tons of pass interference penalties in their favor, but they are allowed to mug WRs when they are on defense.

Don't even get me started on the Tuck Rule, the "Just Give it to 'Em" game, the time they beat us in overtime because their unconscious WR "recovered" a fumble that was lying against his leg, the game where Bruschi made his prodigal return, and the fact that Goodell suspiciously destroyed all the evidence of Spygate.

They are the 2nd-most valuable franchise, with a huge superstar to boot. It's in the NFL's best interest that they win, and they usually do. To deny that is putting your head in the sand. They don't need favorable officiating to win, which is why it is so maddening when they receive it.

justasportsfan
10-31-2013, 10:25 AM

I never denied they own us. That doesn't mean they didn't cheat and got help from refs to win a sb.

stuckincincy
10-31-2013, 11:37 AM
I never denied they own us. That doesn't mean they didn't cheat and got help from refs to win a sb.

They cheated, but ref help isn't unique to them. See any OL Manning or Elway played behind, see the Jerome Bettis Victory March. :2cents:

justasportsfan
10-31-2013, 11:42 AM
They cheated, but ref help isn't unique to them. See any OL Manning or Elway played behind, see the Jerome Bettis Victory March. :2cents:

so?

No! It's unique when they get a lot of the calls their way.