X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Why Am I Happy After This Loss?

I feel good. Something's not right here. The Bills lost, and I'm happy?

WTF? What the hell is going on here?

Why do I feel this way?

The Bills are growing up in front of our eyes. They played their asses off, got knocked down, punched in the mouth, but kept fighting and showed no quit in them. In years past...let's not go there.

This was a different kind of loss for the Bills today. They should have gotten killed. They really had no business being in the ballgame with 3 turnovers, but they were.

Drew Brees vs. Thad Lewis?

I'm NOT happy because the Bills lost another close game today.

After 8 weeks (halftime) the Bills are 3-5. They're a better team than most people expected them to be this year. All the games are close.

After 8 weeks, it looks like the Bengals are the cream of the crop in the AFC and the Saints are one of the NFC's finest.

Bengals/Saints Super Bowl?

Bills took the Bengals to OT, and lost a tough fight in the City of New Orleans.

They're not far away. For such a young team, they're pretty damn good and they're only going to get better.

I think the biggest reason why I'm happy today is because all of us Bills fans are finally going to be able to watch the Bills play a meaningful football game in the month of December.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Why Am I Happy After This Loss?

Pollock logic

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Bengals are the cream of the crop in the AFC? What about Denver? KC? And an 18 point loss is not a close game. They played with the Saints for a half.
      Last edited by Novacane; 10-27-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

So, I agree for the most part.

QB is the big problem right now. Lewis is outperforming expectations but we need our starter back.

Injuries have Gilmore not himself yet, CJ on the bench, and Lawson sorely missed today.

I'd like to see a legit LG added along with a stud OLB like Khalil Mack. Then give me a few solid vet backups at CB, OT, and probably QB if Kolb is done.

Sprinkle in some rookies with the first few rounds giving us guys that hit the field and make an impact and the rest pushing for backup roles and we'll be fine.

But we need EJ back ASAP.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Here's a hint.. We were never really in this game.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

After the Saints were done shooting themselves in the foot they put their foot on the gas and then the Bills throat.

Lets see if you make a similar thread next week when they play the Chiefs "tough"

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by coastal View Post
              Here's a hint.. We were never really in this game.
              If Chandler makes an incredible catch in the endzone without a midget crawling on him, the Bills would have been up 17-7.

Hate to say it, but we all know how a single play can dramatically change a game. Remember when CJ Spiller fumbled on the goal line against the Pats last year right before halftime?

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                If Chandler makes an incredible catch in the endzone without a midget crawling on him, the Bills would have been up 17-7.

Hate to say it, but we all know how a single play can dramatically change a game. Remember when CJ Spiller fumbled on the goal line against the Pats last year right before halftime?
                It would of been 14-7 We kicked a FG on the next play. I doubt it would of changed anything

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                  After the Saints were done shooting themselves in the foot they put their foot on the gas and then the Bills throat.

Lets see if you make a similar thread next week when they play the Chiefs "tough"
                  And win.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Only BillsImpossible could post a thread like this

I guess in his eyes being down by 11 points at halftime, losing by 18 points and giving up 35 points is a "close game" by his standards. Last time I checked losing by 18 points and never coming close to seeing the lead again halfway through the 2nd quarter is a blowout. It may be another "moral victory" to him because we had a lead for about 1 minute in the game during the 2nd quarter. Only BillsImpossible.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      It would of been 14-7 We kicked a FG on the next play. I doubt it would of changed anything
                      The Saints scored two touchdowns after that play. IF the Bills were up 17-7 with 5 minutes left in the first half, does Pettine gamble and get smoked?

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                        Only BillsImpossible could post a thread like this

I guess in his eyes being down by 11 points at halftime, losing by 18 points and giving up 35 points is a "close game" by his standards. Last time I checked losing by 18 points and never coming close to seeing the lead again halfway through the 2nd quarter is a blowout. It may be another "moral victory" to him because we had a lead for about 1 minute in the game during the 2nd quarter. Only BillsImpossible.
                        Lighten up. It's the result of system of education in vogue for the past 20 years or so...teach a minimum of history, award everybody trophies for participation, and chant that everyone is special.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

If, if, if. I think we hear this word a million times a season.

I'm sure Pettine would've went straight to the prevent defense IF we had a 10 point lead with 35 minutes to go in the game. Hell we could've killed the clock. There is no way the Saints would've had time to catch up from that deficit. Oh wait they had 21 points at halftime so scratch that thought.

Comment

• JoeMama
                            Emotion Sickness
                            • Oct 2002

I didn't throw a temper tantrum after this loss.

The Saints are a SB contending team.

I fully exptected an asskicking. It happened. Life goes on.
                            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                              I didn't throw a temper tantrum after this loss.

The Saints are a SB contending team.

I fully exptected an asskicking. It happened. Life goes on.
                              We didn't get our ass kicked. Just ask BillsImpossible. This was a close game that was a fight to the death to the very last second.

Comment

Working...
                              X