PDA

View Full Version : accuracy matters

trapezeus
10-28-2013, 08:09 AM
The TD's that brees threw had excellent coverage. his passes were that much better.

The bills on the other hand had thad throwing wild pitch after wild pitch. some of the receivers had to fully extend on routes where they were wide open.

obviously the game was closer than the score indicated. but imagine if we had a QB who was throwing accurately this entire season. i know it's a lot to ask a rookie and practice squad QB, but that will be our salvation. I think we are pretty talented in certain parts of the game, but we need an accurate qb.

Dying_-2-_Live
10-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Started to look a little bit like the Jets game out there. IDK what is in these guys' coffee but man, they gotta give these receivers better thrown balls.

Skooby
10-28-2013, 08:20 AM
If our receivers were 12' tall, they'd be perfect throws. If I hear sailing anytime soon, it'll be too soon.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-28-2013, 10:22 AM
This is not a defense of that performance by Lewis, but it's worth noting that Brees is one of the most accurate QBs of all time. Nearly every QB will come up short there.

But I agree, accuracy is IMO the #1 stat for any QB. Not legs, not arm strength.

Victor7
10-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Lewis was so inaccurate yesterday it wasn't funny.

Over threw everybody.

jdaltroy5
10-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Yes, the UDFA making his 4th career start wasn't nearly as accurate as the 7 time pro bowl, 2 time NFC MVP, SB MVP future Hall of Fame QB.

Quite the observation.

DraftBoy
10-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Brees, Manning, Luck, and other elite QB's know how to throw WR's open.

Perfect example last night GB v. MIN game, Rodgers threw a ball over a defenders shoulder whizzing just past the guys helmet for a TD. That kind of accuracy (and confidence) is how you throw guys open that are covered.

Video: http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Rodgers-places-pass-perfectly-for-Nelsons-2nd-TD/b4f58d8a-d0ef-4748-ad4e-360ff7860d96

Rodgers told reporters one year at TC that when he sees a defenders back that he considers the WR to be open no matter how tight the coverage. It's an interesting mentality that has paid off in spades for him.

WagonCircler
10-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Brees, Manning, Luck, and other elite QB's know how to throw WR's open.

Perfect example last night GB v. MIN game, Rodgers threw a ball over a defenders shoulder whizzing just past the guys helmet for a TD. That kind of accuracy (and confidence) is how you throw guys open that are covered.

Video: http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Rodgers-places-pass-perfectly-for-Nelsons-2nd-TD/b4f58d8a-d0ef-4748-ad4e-360ff7860d96

Rodgers told reporters one year at TC that when he sees a defenders back that he considers the WR to be open no matter how tight the coverage. It's an interesting mentality that has paid off in spades for him.

And this is exactly why pocket passers win Super Bowls and trendy "Running QBs" don't.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2013, 02:14 PM
And this is exactly why pocket passers win Super Bowls and trendy "Running QBs" don't.

How did Steve Young and John Elway ever win Superbowls then?

Both of them threw just as well, if not better, on the run than in the pocket.

jimmifli
10-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Yes, the UDFA making his 4th career start wasn't nearly as accurate as the 7 time pro bowl, 2 time NFC MVP, SB MVP future Hall of Fame QB.

Quite the observation.

He wasn't even as accurate as a drunken FitzPatrick...

throwing off his back foot...

while being tackled....

from a boat...

in a storm.

better days
10-28-2013, 02:22 PM
This is not a defense of that performance by Lewis, but it's worth noting that Brees is one of the most accurate QBs of all time. Nearly every QB will come up short there.

But I agree, accuracy is IMO the #1 stat for any QB. Not legs, not arm strength.

There is no defending Lewis when he can't hit a wide open receiver on a SCREEN pass.

OLDSRIP
10-28-2013, 02:25 PM
I wonder what Tuel would have looked like under the pressure the Saints applied?
we almost found out, glad we didn't.

better days
10-28-2013, 02:32 PM
I wonder what Tuel would have looked like under the pressure the Saints applied?
we almost found out, glad we didn't.

I doubt Tuel would have survived. Thad is tough, I will give him that.

But Marrone has a sign up that says..........DON'T CONFUSE EFFORT WITH RESULTS