PDA

View Full Version : Has this coaching regime changed the mentality of this team?

The King
10-28-2013, 08:41 AM
We're 8 weeks in. The loss yesterday was really the first time the Bills have been dominated this season. After watching Thad and Stevie speak, I think I am really starting to see a change in this team.

We know the defense will fight, and Pettine is certainly getting the most out of them. Despite the injuries and some talent which we still need to improve on, do you feel this coaching staff has progressed this team more so than past regimes?

better days
10-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Get your head right.

The objective this year for Marrone's Bills.

Famous Amos
10-28-2013, 08:48 AM
The fact that they wont quit and they play hurt and injured speaks volumes about the way the coaching staff has affected this team. I think Marrone established a certain mindset about playing like a Bill, harkening to the past success of the franchise and trying to give them an identity. I am not sure that identity has been fully formed, but you can see that they are building towards something.

Despite Lewis' flaws, they Bills have played well in Manuel's absence. So they "next guy up" mantra seems to be working in some instances (not so much with Rogers at CB).

Defintely, the coaching regime has made an impact with this team that appears to be going someplace where as in the past 6 13 years they were going rudderless.

RedEyE
10-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately the results have been the same, but there is a little more that goes into it than just the loss. Passing consistency is the key for this team to start winning and getting back on track. Of course it's going to take some time with the rookie on the mend and the young guys they have in place to back him up. A few pass plays extra made here or there throughout the season thus far and this team is looking at a playoff birth.

The defense is gritty and needs some offensive assistance. The running game is one of the best in the league but can't carry the entire offense. You need the occasional air out/bail out - something that can sustain drives and make this team a little less one dimensional on offense.

Mad Bomber
10-28-2013, 04:16 PM
My main issue with the team is a lack of discipline. WAY too many penalties.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-28-2013, 04:36 PM
We're 8 weeks in. The loss yesterday was really the first time the Bills have been dominated this season. After watching Thad and Stevie speak, I think I am really starting to see a change in this team.

We know the defense will fight, and Pettine is certainly getting the most out of them. Despite the injuries and some talent which we still need to improve on, do you feel this coaching staff has progressed this team more so than past regimes?

Definitely turnovers, not coaching, cost us yesterday.

X-Era
10-28-2013, 04:41 PM
I think so, yes.

They play hard every single game and are much better prepared than previous teams. They are very young and injuries have plagued us.

I think we're really building something.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2013, 05:44 PM
They're a sub .500 team who lacks discipline and has a big question mark at the most important position on the field.

What were they last year? The same thing.

What were they 10 years ago? The same thing.

Victor7
10-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Its been like this year one of whatever new coach we bring in. They all look refreshed and ready to die for their coaches. Its not the same a year or two after that. I like what I see so far but at the end of the day we are still on our way to yet another 6-10 mediocre season. I'll reserve judgement for year 2.

SquishDaFish
10-28-2013, 06:35 PM
They're a sub .500 team who lacks discipline and has a big question mark at the most important position on the field.

What were they last year? The same thing.

What were they 10 years ago? The same thing.

Will you stop it about the QB position in every thread?? Jesus. EJ is a DAMN rookie give it sometime before you declare him a lost cause on this team

Mr. Pink
10-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Will you stop it about the QB position in every thread?? Jesus. EJ is a DAMN rookie give it sometime before you declare him a lost cause on this team

OK! The other part of my statement still remains true though.

No more EJ bashing...at least til he takes the field again. :up: