PDA

View Full Version : I recommend a trade with CIN for wr Whalen

stuckincincy
10-29-2013, 11:23 AM
CIN is faced with activating wr Andrew Hawkins, coming off of that IR, 8 week thing. Their hand is forced.

Whalen is stuck on their roster behind a strong wr corps. He plays the same type of game as the injured Jordan Shipley did for them in 2010.

Toss a #6 and see if CIN bites.

The King
10-29-2013, 11:33 AM
If he can't beat Hawkins for a job I fail to see how he improves this team?

stuckincincy
10-29-2013, 11:54 AM
If he can't beat Hawkins for a job I fail to see how he improves this team?

Green, Sanu, Jones, Eifert, Gresham, Hawkins (yet to be determined if he's a go), Tate, Sanzenbacher.

I recommend a player that I have watched for some time, who impressed me, who may aid BUF, and who I feel will become a victim of numbers on a strong club.

A player who can't crack a strong receiving corps isn't being foisted on BUF by me. Perhaps BUF has an eye on that special 6th round wr next year?

The King
10-29-2013, 12:26 PM
I see Robert Woods, TJ Graham and Marques Goodwin and to be honest I don't want to see their snap counts cut into. We need to figure out what we have I think diluting that pool only makes it tougher to assess what we have.

Oaf
10-29-2013, 12:43 PM
I see Robert Woods, TJ Graham and Marques Goodwin and to be honest I don't want to see their snap counts cut into. We need to figure out what we have I think diluting that pool only makes it tougher to assess what we have.

Stevie I guarantee will be missing time, possibly games.

Hogan hasn't shown his 7-11 ability, and we know what Easley brings. Not that it'd save this season, but if we can get this kid reps without affecting Woods, TJ, Good, I'm fine by it.

stuckincincy
10-29-2013, 12:58 PM

I see a lot to like about Woods. IMO, he was drafted at the the right selection number or thereabouts.

Graham and Goodwin have wheels, but from the little I've seen of them, they aren't offering much in the way of getting separation save just flat out beating a db that didn't have their speed, or turned the wrong way, etc.

Whatever their skills may be, good luck evaluating them on this offensive plan committed to the hurry-up. That's a crutch they are using, IMO.

If one jumps into that hurry-up philosophy, go out and seek the sure-handed slot stick mover. S. Johnson is being used as a some sort of a schizophrenic "tweener."...go long, go mid, go short.

Get Whelen, cut Hogan.

The King
10-29-2013, 01:34 PM
I have nothing against Whalen but I see no reason to give up a draft pick to get a question mark, we could draft our own question mark.

stuckincincy
10-29-2013, 01:45 PM
I have nothing against Whalen but I see not reason to give up a draft pick to get a question mark, we could draft our own question mark.

Drafting question mark WRs is a BUF tradition.

The King
10-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Right. Trading for them is not ;)

better days
10-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Stevie I guarantee will be missing time, possibly games.

Hogan hasn't shown his 7-11 ability, and we know what Easley brings. Not that it'd save this season, but if we can get this kid reps without affecting Woods, TJ, Good, I'm fine by it.

I would be fine with a 6th or 7th, nothing higher than that.

stuckincincy
10-29-2013, 02:07 PM
I would be fine with a 6th or 7th, nothing higher than that.

That's what CIN would be asking. BUF is something like bottom of the 1st 3rd in the waiver wire. I may be totally wrong, but I think if he gets cut he goes early. CIN already has had 2 plucked from their PS squad, and Whalan is on the 53 man squad. Ask why they keep him on the active roster, on a team already dripping with wr talent?