X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dying_-2-_Live
    • Feb 2009

Jairus Byrd/ trade updates?

Lets use this thread to post any possible trade rumors approaching the deadline. Anyone hearing anything?
    "If you ain't first... You're last"

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Jairus Byrd/ trade updates?

Just that it's very unlikely.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
      • Feb 2009

Id like the Bills to make some sort of move. We need some depth going forward. We only have room to lose 1 -2 more games if we want playoffs.
      "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• tatersalad
        • Apr 2008

just read this

Now that Kenny Britt has been phased out of the Titans' offense, Tennessee has made it clear that he's available, Ian Rapoport reports. Who else is available ahead of Tuesday's NFL trade deadline?

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by tatersalad View Post
          Jairus Byrd: Rapoport is told the Buffalo Bills are more than open to a trade, but any discussions are further complicated by Byrd's desire to become the league's highest-paid safety. One interesting twist, per Rapoport, is that the Bills are seeking a young player as opposed to a draft pick in return for Byrd.
          They want a young player? Perhaps they should call Indy and ask about Luck.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

It makes a lot more sense to franchise him again & either try to sign him or trade him before next year's draft to a team that will give us more in return than we can get for a guy under contract for half a season today.

Comment

• tatersalad
              • Apr 2008

if he leaves we get a third round commesatory pick

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

He has not come close to be playing like the top safety. While he is a good safety I think if someone felt he was worth it they would of traded for him and resigned him in the offseason since they would have sole negotiating rights for a little while. The fact there were no dance partners says a lot.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by don137 View Post
                  He has not come close to be playing like the top safety. While he is a good safety I think if someone felt he was worth it they would of traded for him and resigned him in the offseason since they would have sole negotiating rights for a little while. The fact there were no dance partners says a lot.
                  Trades don't happen much in the NFL because of free agency. Why trade anything for Byrd when you can simply sign him in the offseason.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                    Trades don't happen much in the NFL because of free agency. Why trade anything for Byrd when you can simply sign him in the offseason.
                    Because you can't simply sign him in the offseason. The Bills can & will tag him again if he does not come to an agreement on a new contract.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

To avoid a bidding war by getting the player right away and agreeing to some sort of template before the season ends.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                        It makes a lot more sense to franchise him again & either try to sign him or trade him before next year's draft to a team that will give us more in return than we can get for a guy under contract for half a season today.
                        Ding,ding,ding....we have a winner.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Teams know what Byrd is asking. If they were willing to pay him as the top safety they could trade for him, have exclusive negotiating rights to him from the time when the season ends until free agency starts. This gives them a leg up. The Sabres did this for Erhoff a couple of years ago but it was done at the end of the season and not during the season. Once free agency starts there are 31 other teams to compete against.
                          If Byrd was worth his asking price teams would of tried to get him. IMO his asking price is too high.
                          Last edited by don137; 10-30-2013, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tatersalad View Post
                            if he leaves we get a third round commesatory pick
                            That's not necessarily true. The formula is based on free agent signings & losses combined. So if the Bills sign a high priced free agent or 2 (stop laughing) and the only one we lose is Byrd, we get nothing for losing Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                            X