• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Thad not practicing

Tuel working with the starters. No information as to why, maybe just an extra days rest. EJ is fully dressed, but is not expected to be available Sunday.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Re: Thad not practicing

I miss EJ.
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Is CJ practicing at all this week?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I have a crazy gut feeling that EJ will be starting Sunday. After watching Marrone's presser, and now this, I just have a hunch.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

I'm ready for FLYNNSANITY

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

maybe thad is the new mcnair. Takes a licking in the games, doesn't practice the whole week and then starts on Sunday.

i'd be nice to have CJ back. I felt like fred was the last man standing after the game on sunday. didn't choice go down for a play? what was supposed to be our strength is kind of thin.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Freddy and Stevie are sitting out today as well.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                • Sep 2004

How is Tuel ahead of Flynn still? I know Flynn hasn't been good, but I know he's better than Tuel.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                  How is Tuel ahead of Flynn still? I know Flynn hasn't been good, but I know he's better than Tuel.
                  someone has to be the new Tjax

Comment

• Jry44
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                    I highly doubt that he's absorbed enough of the playbook in two weeks to be effective at all at this point. That's just my guess.

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

I'm not overly concerned about Thad at this point. I suspect they are just giving him an extra day after the beating he took last Sunday.

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

He'll play...If anything, at least this guy's tough.
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• gebobs
                          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                          • Sep 2003

If anyone needs practice, Thad does. Or maybe just a Quaalude. He was frickin' flyin' those balls.
                          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                            Retired (mostly)
                            • Mar 2003

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-bills-vikings

Thad Lewis has taken a beating in three surprisingly competent starts at quarterback for the Buffalo Bills this season. It looks like all those hits have taken a toll.

Jeff Tuel took first-team snaps at practice Wednesday while Lewis did not practice, according to the Bills' official website. Tuel said after practice he split first team reps with Matt Flynn, but Tuel was up first when the media watched. Lewis is dealing with a rib injury and the flue. Coach Doug Marrone said Lewis is "50-50" to play this week.

Rookie EJ Manuel, who has missed three straight starts, actually dressed for practice Wednesday, which is a surprise. But he did not participate in the session and will not be available for Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Marrone indicated that Flynn would probably backup Tuel if Lewis isn't available, although the Bills wouldn't give away more than that. For now, it's possible that Tuel, Flynn, or Lewis could start this week.

All of the quarterback injuries are a shame because Buffalo's defense is playing very well this season. We liked the Bills' chances for an upset Sunday, but not if Tuel is under center. Tuel told reporters Wednesday he doesn't know if he'll start.

But to play
                            that’s the thing
                            shut up and deal
                            ~ Jesse May

Comment

• Victor7
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              I have a crazy gut feeling that EJ will be starting Sunday. After watching Marrone's presser, and now this, I just have a hunch.
                              He's already been ruled out.

Comment

Working...
                              X