Jonathan Martin gets made fun of by teammates, leaves team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Jonathan Martin gets made fun of by teammates, leaves team

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
    I'm so sick of the PC police telling people what they can and cannot joke around about. The things that offend people these days is freakin appalling. And the pussification of America continues.
    Never told anyone they can't joke about things. I can tell you that I know immaturity when I see it. There's nothing PC about what I'm saying here. Joke about mental illness if you want. I just might laugh. But if you stand there laughing and pointing AT someone's personal misfortune, I'll probably call you an a**hole.

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
      Never told anyone they can't joke about things. I can tell you that I know immaturity when I see it. There's nothing PC about what I'm saying here. Joke about mental illness if you want. I just might laugh. But if you stand there laughing and pointing AT someone's personal misfortune, I'll probably call you an a**hole.
      I hardly think this qualifies as pointing and laughing at someone's misfortune. And to my knowledge, he hasn't been diagnosed with any form of mental illness yet. Sounds to me like the guy had a bad day. It happens. But it doesn't make this any less funny. Time to put on the big boy pants and go back to his job that he gets paid very handsomely to do.
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

I hardly think this qualifies as pointing and laughing at someone's misfortune. And to my knowledge, he hasn't been diagnosed with any form of mental illness yet. Sounds to me like the guy had a bad day. It happens. But it doesn't make this any less funny. Time to put on the big boy pants and go back to his job that he gets paid very handsomely to do.
        The reports I read said he is "In treatment". Sounds like he flipped out & is in the loony bin (Sorry, with all the PC posts I couldn't resist getting on their nerves)

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
          The OP, did that.
          Really? He sought counseling. He supposedly had an "emotional breakdown". So that makes him "mentally ill"? It could mean that. or it could mean that he had a bad day. was embarrassed and needed to talk to someone.
          If it's the latter and the gag wasn't too cruel then yeah I can see where that could be funny. Maybe the rest of the linemen did an impression of a swinging gate.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
            Really? He sought counseling. He supposedly had an "emotional breakdown". So that makes him "mentally ill"? It could mean that. or it could mean that he had a bad day. was embarrassed and needed to talk to someone.
            If it's the latter and the gag wasn't too cruel then yeah I can see where that could be funny.
            Ugh. I was responding to the original post that first mentioned mental illness. I did not bring that up.

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
            Maybe the rest of the linemen did an impression of a swinging gate.
            Now that is funny.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

The thin skin comes from his mother's side.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

unless he has red hair its really classless to make fun of his emotional struggles
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mouldsie
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                  Linemen typically have the second highest wonderlic scores behind the qbs. The idea that they are dumb meatheads is a myth.

Now cornerbacks. ..
                  Actually I think they rank higher than QB's

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                    Actually I think they rank higher than QB's
                    Unless it's a Harvard Bills QB.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                      • Aug 2013

I'm so sick of the PC police telling people what they can and cannot joke around about. The things that offend people these days is freakin appalling. And the pussification of America continues.
                      Uh nobody is saying you can't say it. That doesn't mean you aren't a dick for saying it. We aren't talking about Dave Chappelle here making a funny joke, we are talking about morons on an internet forum. This is not comedy this is 2 dudes sitting in a bar making fart jokes.

I'm also pretty sure when the founding fathers thought of freedom of speech, they weren't talking about the right to be a dick. Common human decency is unfortunately the collateral damage to ensure intellectual discourse and government criticism are protected. Morons get the same freedom of speech as people with normal healthy brains without an axe to grind about how you "can't say anything these days" (which is absolutely 100% completely false btw. Do you not have Facebook????).

Feel free to use it however you want however, that's the American way!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                        Uh nobody is saying you can't say it. That doesn't mean you aren't a dick for saying it. We aren't talking about Dave Chappelle here making a funny joke, we are talking about morons on an internet forum. This is not comedy this is 2 dudes sitting in a bar making fart jokes.

I'm also pretty sure when the founding fathers thought of freedom of speech, they weren't talking about the right to be a dick. Common human decency is unfortunately the collateral damage to ensure intellectual discourse and government criticism are protected. Morons get the same freedom of speech as people with normal healthy brains without an axe to grind about how you "can't say anything these days" (which is absolutely 100% completely false btw. Do you not have Facebook????).

Feel free to use it however you want however, that's the American way!
                        Cost of doing business.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                          Cost of doing business.
                          That's why I live in Alaska.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Bullying is not acceptable in the NFL. There should be a Bullying Awareness Month and all the players should wear yellow.

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                              Bullying is not acceptable in the NFL. There should be a Bullying Awareness Month and all the players should wear yellow.
                              And the officials can have yellow flags for awareness!
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                                Unreachable Douche
                                • Jul 2002

What do you expect when the fastest growing sport in this country is soccer.

Comment

Working...
                                X