PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Peter King is a dumbass.

MikeInRoch
10-31-2013, 11:03 AM
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/31/kansas-city-chiefs-buffalo-bills-window/autostart/

His main concern for KC? Stevie Johnson running deep. Stevie is a lot of things, but he's not a deep threat at the moment - even less so with his injury. There are at least three bigger "deep threats" on the team right now.

stuckincincy
10-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Heh - seems the same for most of the pundits, as well as numerous game announcers and color men.

I find that the college announcers do a better job - even with the much larger rosters.

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2013, 11:24 AM
Yes, KC. Never mind the #5 rushing offense in the league. It's all about the deep ball to Stevie.

justasportsfan
10-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Unless he picks the bills, he's a dumbass!

Victor7
10-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Its not breaking news. Always has been a tool

mikemac2001
10-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Stevie isnt a burner but he does run a lot of double moves and can get by DBs and get a nice 20-30 yd play and maybe YAC

if stevie doesnt have his quickness it does limit the threat and can change the aspect on how the D plays him short/middle

i dont like peter king but i have seen stevie do that slant to fade route plenty of times and beat his defenders

Turf
10-31-2013, 12:20 PM
I feel an upset coming. We end KC's unbeaten streak.

Novacane
10-31-2013, 12:21 PM
Unless he picks the bills, he's a dumbass!

He's a dumbass if he picks the Bills.

WagonCircler
10-31-2013, 12:45 PM
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/31/kansas-city-chiefs-buffalo-bills-window/autostart/

His main concern for KC? Stevie Johnson running deep. Stevie is a lot of things, but he's not a deep threat at the moment - even less so with his injury. There are at least three bigger "deep threats" on the team right now.

He meant to say "digging deep."

Everyone knows that the Ralph was built on an Indian burial ground. The spirits are none too happy with the KC nickname.

justasportsfan
10-31-2013, 12:51 PM
He's a dumbass if he picks the Bills.

OP hacked your acct.

Homegrown
10-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Never fails to amaze me ... how does a guy, who's job it is to follow/report/inform the public on the NFL (he doesn't do other sports) screw up so often? ....

justasportsfan
10-31-2013, 12:59 PM
based on the dink and dunk qb's we've had in recent years, 10 yards is deep for this team.

stuckincincy
10-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Never fails to amaze me ... how does a guy, who's job it is to follow/report/inform the public on the NFL (he doesn't do other sports) screw up so often? ....

"There's No Business Like Show Business" - Ethel Merman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVMXw_y7jyI

Generalissimus Gibby
10-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Bills 20-Chiefs 6

BuffaloRedleg
10-31-2013, 04:25 PM
I actually like him. So what he doesn't know every single matchup of every team.

He has a great writing style and his articles are usually fun to read.

Everyone has such an axe to grind every opportunity they get.

Fixxxer
10-31-2013, 04:32 PM
It will be interesting to see if Eric Berry is still mad at SJ for that low block that sidelined him for a year.

Night Train
10-31-2013, 04:40 PM
King has been a Cowboys and Pats licker for many years.

He hasn't time to watch other teams other than 1 day during camp.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-31-2013, 04:58 PM
King has been a Cowboys and Pats licker for many years.

He hasn't time to watch other teams other than 1 day during camp.

However, if the Bills had the Win-Loss record the Patriots have obtained by hook and by crook and/or the media empire and money the Cowpokes have they'd enjoy the same attention from him.

Jeff1220
10-31-2013, 05:18 PM
I do read MMQB (the article, not the watered down, poorly designed, SI spinoff website) almost every week. Not because I'm a fan of Peter King, but because it usually has some pretty good writing on the things that are actually researched or paid the proper attention. This sort of slip up is par for the course for him and every other national sports writer when writing about a mostly irrelevant team. He always seems to latch onto a hot NFL topic and beat it to death (Yes, Peter, we know...concussions are bad for the players and bad for business. Yes, Peter, we know...the Hall of Fame vote is exclusive and you're a part of it. Even more annoying about King's weekly epic length article is all the stupid self-glorifying crap that most readers couldn't care less about, like his need to talk about the coffee and beer he had the past week (I guess he thinks it will help the regular Joe the Plumber slobs like you and me relate to him). And who the heck is Mr. Starwood anyway? Despite all that, I read it because he's pretty well connected in particular circles of the NFL and can write some pretty good stuff on those topics. As far as the Bills go, he's pretty impartial, even if uninterested, and will give them more attention when they deserve it. He has given props to Kiko, Mario, and Thad this season, and actually had the Bills listed in his "Fine Fifteen" last week before losing to the Saints.

Beebe
10-31-2013, 07:18 PM
BILLS 31 kc 17 THE DEFENSE SCORES 2 TD'S AND HAVE A GREAT GAME

Buffalo Thriller
11-01-2013, 03:38 PM
I actually like him. So what he doesn't know every single matchup of every team.

He has a great writing style and his articles are usually fun to read.

Everyone has such an axe to grind every opportunity they get.you're one of those guys that goes to a party and drinks non alcoholic beer aren't you?

Mr. Pink
11-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Breaking News...

The Bills suck so National Media doesn't really follow or care about them.

Mace
11-01-2013, 11:53 PM
It will be interesting to see if Eric Berry is still mad at SJ for that low block that sidelined him for a year.

Yeah, that really goes back to how Berry came back for 4 more plays at full speed, then planted and cut and his knee went rubber with no one near him to collapse in a heap. Hope he is furious and they stick him unrelentingly on his nemesis, our evident slot receiver who is having trouble walking fast using both legs.

Please please please God let us slap the bejesus out of that team with Johnson shredding Berry in the slot like he did Revis despite being unable to move briskly ?

pmoon6
11-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Its not breaking news. Always has been a toolHmmm. You might have not said that in the late '80's and early '90's when he was a firm Bills' supporter. One of the few in the National media.

Of course, you were only 4 years old.