PDA

View Full Version : 5 things to watch closely in training camp

TypicalBill
07-14-2003, 12:59 PM
ok, 10 days till TC !!

Give me 5 things that you're gonna monitor closely during TC .. positions to be won, injury status etc...

Pride
07-14-2003, 01:06 PM
1. The DE Position. Who is going to step up to start?
2. WR. Is Reed the real deal?
3. Playbook - Are we really a running team now?
4. QB's - Who is taking the snaps with the 2nd team (AVP or Brown?)
5. Sam Adams, is he in shape?

Honorable Mention: Who is calling the defensive plays? Lebaeu or Gray?

Crinoline
07-14-2003, 01:28 PM
I'll watch what I always watch at football games...the cheerleaders. :)

Pride
07-14-2003, 01:35 PM
:lol:

Somehow, I dont think they are cheering during summer camp

ryven
07-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Pride I kinda like your list althought number 4 wont be on my list.

Demon
07-14-2003, 03:23 PM
The main thing i will be looking after is how well does Marcus Jones appear to be, if Sam Adams is in shape and how fit Willis McGahee is. Btw, is WM even coming to Rochester? (All those points basicially pointed out by Pride already)

The biggest one though is Marcus Jones, i think hes a huge part of our defensive line, so i will be watching and hoping he plays alright. Sam Adams is NEVER fit in training camp so if hes not fit now, then oh well, but i know he will be by week 3 or 4. But i do hope he is fit :)

LABillsFan
07-14-2003, 10:15 PM
1.) Who is going to step up and provide leadership and desire on ST's
2.) Can our DB's learn to catch
3.) Will the off learn how to run a screen?
4.) Can Lindel kick?
5.) If the Bills are actually going to be a balanced team with more running plays that means more contact at the line of scrimmage, which causes more injuries. Who is going to step up in their backup roles on the OL.

Jan Reimers
07-15-2003, 09:27 AM
1) Who will emerge at LDE?
2) Who will return kickoffs and punts?
3) Who will win the FS job - PP or IR?
4) Who will be 3-4-5 WRS 5) Who will play nickel back?

Alternate: Will GW wear a manzier?

WG
07-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Some things I don't think we're gonna find out until the season actually starts. Such as:

Whether or not we truly are a running team. We can run all we want in TC, but the big question will be what happens to Gilbride/Drew during games.

Whether Lindell can kick. We'll know when the weather gets worse. That won't be in TC.

As well, the DBs will play exponentially better w/ a front 7 this year.

1. How Brown plays w/ the first team. IMO the coaches are eyeing him to see if he can replace Drew when Drew skids the sheets again this season and the criticism starts to come fast and furious.

2. Who steps up at LDE

3. Whether Gary is still worth a turd

4. Which TE the team plans on using

5. Injuries; I'll be most concerned about injuries to our OL, DL, LB, and WR starters!

Jan Reimers
07-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

1. How Brown plays w/ the first team. IMO the coaches are eyeing him to see if he can replace Drew when Drew skids the sheets again this season and the criticism starts to come fast and furious]

Wys - After he leads us to the Promised Land, you will learn to love the Drew.